What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Pure Blend Pro the same?

G

I heard some chatter about a year back about PBP line by Botanical being redesigned? I'm not sure if there was a change, and none is mentioned when I look on the hydro shop's descriptions.
This line has been an old stand-bye for me and I'm curious to see if its still like I remember it.
If it isn't, or you don't use PBP let me know. I'd be interested in hearing what other hydro-organic leaning nutrients you use. I primarily grow in coco and use liquid ferts, but am open to dry nute lines that aligned with what I am trying to accomplish.
:tiphat:

anon710

I have been using it for around 10 years. It has changed slightly and has become more pricey. But for ease of use and being somewhat organic and not salt based its still a good line to run. I have always liked their liquid karma, it just works for my system, I use it from clone to mid flower.

OneHitDone

Hey Guys, I have long had an interest in PureBlend Pro but each time I have tried it I have not had the best results.
I am a hydro grower (NFT now but also Flood and Drain), can some of you share your recipes and tips for making this line a success?

What I did notice on the crops finished with PureBlend Pro was a huge increase in frost and also the product seemed to retain it's freshness much longer in the bag.
All traits that I am looking for and keeping my interest peaked in the PureBlend Pro Line.

As to the product changing - I had a long phone conversation with a tech at Hawthorne and what he told me was that Botanicare is now manufactured at GH in California at the state of the art facility and that quality and consistency are top notch verses when the products were formulated and bottled at the original Botanicare site in Arizona. Hopefully that really is the case!

:plant grow:

G

Good to know!
I regularly used PBPSoil at 10ml/gallon with 1-2ml cal/mg. I was in drain to waste either coco Hempies or AirPots. I followed the Lucas approach and it worked very well for me.
I used PBPGrow in veg at the same ratio with cal/mg until 2nd week of stretch was over.

Ya its good shit. I used pure blend pro veg and bloom til week 4, then only bloom with molasses for 3weeks and last week of flower its ph'd ice water and darkness, then final day or 2 b4 harvest il unplug all pumps and drain resivors to let plants finish up dry pots and roots.. I used in a homemade hydro soil setup / dwc hempy. Top pot is 50-50 perlite & compost. Feed daily at half strength of bottle says. I also used botanicares pure blend tea for xtra kick as supplement . youd b surprised on how much u can conserve on nutes by using half strength and conserving cause the organic matter in compost feeds the plant too. I vegged for over 2 months and used veg nutes half of flower time too for 5 plants. The same 2 bottles of nutes lasted me almost whole cycle. Not bad to grow a couple pounds of buds off of 3 bottles of nutes.The way i chose to try let me capitalize the best of both worlds. The organic taste and potentcy from organics with the rapid growth of hydro. Two root zones per plant this way i tried.. Just toppn off resivors each day by pouring nutes in top pot and it drains threw pot into 2nd root zone like hydro where its blasted with airstones for oxygen. Being a 20yr organic soil grower i herd u cant use organics in hydro system.. For outdoors organic soil is king. Indoor i will allways grow using the hydro soil or dwc hempys or organic hydro.lol. hard to explain it. Picture a 10 gallon hard pot that has bottom drilld out with holes all in bottom. Bottom pot is 5gal bucket with nutes bubbling. Once the plants roots grow to bottom of top pot they go into bottom bucket of nutes with oxygen. When that happens the plant explodes with growth and so does roots.. Everyday after roots hit bottom tank u can easily see growth each day. I tried another diy method thats similiar to that and both experiments was great. The pure blend pro line from botanicare is a good product to grow with. No salt build up. I didnt flush a couple plants just to see if it mattered. Well without cure and flush it still gave me a white grey ash after 10 days of drying. Quite impressd with the pure blend pro nutes.. I wil quit rambling now but no u wil b happy with it and it dont stink room up either like other organics.. Good luck

mowood3479

Veteran
The head formula (converted to pbp from gh) is 5 ml per gallon veg + 15 ml per gal bloom
I’ve ran this in coco dtw for 10 years or so.
Works great for me..
If using ro additional cal mag mayb needed

Mudraya

Used PBP for around ten years. Took a break and experimented with other lines for a few years, recently switched back and remember why I used them for so long! Getting even better results now due to some minor tweaks. I used to over feed, now I actually watch my runoff lol. Still learning.

Latest posts

Latest posts