What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Purple Kush x Bubba Kush (fem Cross) info, grow-along and test grows.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is a feminized cross using reversed pre-98 bubba pollen on the PK cut. There was some confusion whether the PK cut i have was the Garbeville or the Las Vegas, but after a detailed discussion with someone who knows i am pretty certain it is the LV PK -it smells of bubba, cheese and berry.
The cross is a bit of a punt really but thought it may be worthwhile, i suspect the PK may be related to the bubba, and i am hoping to get some plants with increased vigor over the two clones and perhaps some interesting terpene combinations.
I have 4 seedlings of this and will post up pics when they get interesting, there are also some other test grows afoot so lets see wha gwan with this cross :D

VG

((EDIT: for those researching this cross, the odd male has appeared in the offspring, and these are now offered as regular seeds. they should still be mostly females))

Last edited:

Cool Moe

Veteran
VerdantGreen dude you keep hitting home runs like it's effortless, gonna have to start calling you The Natural. Mad props for your s1s and crosses and for making them available. Starting two packs of bubba s1s in a few weeks, can't wait to see what they bring.

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks for the kind words moe! - but we'd better see what the plants look and smoke like before we call it a home run... that said im pretty excited about this cross.

VG

LV-PK X Bubba UPDATE......
Out of 5 one opened its in pro-mix.... i hope the others open

I will post pics when they all come up i think they have an slower germ. rate.

browntrout

Veteran
Good luck guys, no doubt this cross will be a slow vegger but you will find some more vigorous phenos. Can't wait to see the end result..

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i got 4 out of 4 i think, need to check that tomorrow i popped lots of different seeds at once. i just put them straight into soil. the seeds are pretty fresh though and that can sometimes slow down germination.

good luck with the rest DETS

thanks browntrout!

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
sorry you didnt have better luck DETS, not sure why... i'll keep a close eye on the germ rates for this. hopefully the one you have will pick up and so well

my 4 seedlings look ok, one is a bit slower but very early days yet...

VG

g0vnaa

ICE Cream eater
Veteran
This cross is screaming DANK DANK DANK :woohoo:

I hope the others pop out too DETStrainKey,
if not, maybe the one you have will turn out to be a nice pheno.

Good luck and keep us posted :thank you:

UPDATE
govanna we have two sprouted up now.... VG its proven slow germination rate pics will go up soon.....

Two different phenotypes to go thru.....

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats cool DETS that you have another up. maybe one end of the package got hot or something in transit... always hard to say. i got 4 out of 4 up so im not too worried about germ rates but i will defo get some more tested to make sure.

gonna up-pot mine on tuesday and i'll post up some pics around that time!

VG

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
I've just managed to get over the excitement of reading about your chem4dd and now I go and see this!!

Looking forward to the updates pal. Should throw some hashy coffee dank for sure.

If your PK originated from LLP it's verified LVPK.

Peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Piff thats great to know, yeah i believe my PK came indirectly from LLP and i was already pretty sure its the LV. its smells of bubba but also with cheese and berry added. looks like bubba too but throws bigger internodes on the stretch.

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
here are my 4 little plants, looks to be some variation... 2 taller ones and 2 shorter ones
they look pretty promising though.. flipped them to flower today, i need to keep the pretty small.

picture.php

picture.php

VG

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
Looking nice and healthy VG. Happy to see no runts or mutants. Nice and uniform.

Looking forward to your updates over the next two months.

Peace

Latest posts

Latest posts