What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Compare the smoke of Panama and Bangi haze

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Definitely grabbing both but what are the difference in finished product? Interested in what to expect for pheno selection As far as flavors and effects. I grow organic indoors. Hoping to hear from people who are familiar with smoking both strains. Thank you.

Little bit on difference of how they grow would be nice too. But mostly trying to decide which will most likely be what I want a few jars to roll and smoke huge joints. Preferably good to the last puff.

OnceUpon

different worlds

bangi = clearer, maybe edgier, maybe more functional
panama = warmer , heavier

of course this is a huge generalization based on my experience with few plants

pheno's will be different im sure

brickweeder

I believe that both the panama and bangi stickys have multiple smoke reports in them...you might get the info what you want quicker if you scan both stickys and give them a read.

I have a panama in the works (soil) and its stretched like crazy, even when topped for 4 mains. Had to super crop her. Hollow stems so its easy to split them, but they are hardy. Gave moderate nutes during stretch, and after week 4, leaves are starting to lighten a bit...should have fed heavier during stretch. She smells really really good...so good I took a cutting during flower to give her a run again. Can't comment on BH yet. Good luck on getting the info you need.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Thank you. I have read up on both. I was looking for the comparison of both and how they differ. Im huge on thick flavors. Not too much into super sweet. I like strong trippy high. And I like to smoke all day and not crash or get sleepy.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've not grown the Panama yet but I think with either variety it'll be wise to get a couple packs and look for what you want.
I grew 3 Bhangi Hazes last year and of the 3 only 1 had real good spicy lemon flavors and aromas. The other 2 smoke fine but are not as tasty. The high on all 3 are about the same, uplifting and energetic with a heavy come down after a couple hours. Keeping on consuming delays the comedown until a couple hours after your last smoke.
:tiphat:

deepwaterdude

Bangi I found a bit electric and I had a garlicky plant, not my favorite terp;)

Panama regs are phenomenal, chunky red or green, especially sugar lemon Green Goddess. The descriptions above are correct; warm, deep, dreamy, kind and very positive sort of caring smoke.

Panama Haze - eggsellent, phenomenal, church, fire, whatever you call the best of the best. Big yielders, more complex terps and high than Panama, and day altering smoke. She love you long time, many hours;)

Zamaldelica fems are super manageable and thick budders. Everybody loves Zamaldelica. Might also check out the Malawi crosses.

d

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I ended up grabbing 2 packs bangi and some bangi panama fems. This order I was seeking high pinene and low myrcene. Both seemed like a good fit.

I ran a pack of zamal and loved it. When I grab more of those I want to get Malawi, golden tiger and maybe destroyer to run around the same time. So I can really see what traits come from where.

I would have grabbed panama today but kinda holding out for breeders pack to be in stock the same time I try to order. Same with Malawi.

robotwithdreams

Veteran
I ended up grabbing 2 packs bangi and some bangi panama fems. This order I was seeking high pinene and low myrcene. Both seemed like a good fit.

I ran a pack of zamal and loved it. When I grab more of those I want to get Malawi, golden tiger and maybe destroyer to run around the same time. So I can really see what traits come from where.

I would have grabbed panama today but kinda holding out for breeders pack to be in stock the same time I try to order. Same with Malawi.

I am looking at ethiopian and her crosses for my high pinene hunt. Best of luck in your search! Im sure you find something worthwhile.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi bigtacofarmer,

As others correctly pointed out here, Bangi Haze has a very clear, energetic and uplifting effect, nervous for some people. Panama green phenos are also very uplifting, clean and motivating, while Panama red phenos are heavier, more sedative and dreamier with a strong 'red eye' component. Panama overall is better yielding, more resinous, with a stronger growing structure and a more complex and refined terpene profile than straight Bangi Haze.

I think you did a great by choosing Panama x Bangi Haze hybrid ;)
as it has the best floral traits from both strains. It has the lemony incensey classic Panama Goddess refined aromas, with a super strong, very trippy ('even scary') long lasting and thought provoking effect.
One of the strongest Panama sativa hybrids we have ever produced along with Panama Haze and the latest Malawi/Panama F1s.

Thanks for supporting our work and best wishes with your upcoming grows! :tiphat:

Latest posts

Latest posts