What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi Standard and Ace Mix

Azeotrope

Veteran
3 Malawi and 2 Ace Mix beauties that are about 15 days from seed and about day 5 of 12/12.

Referencing the first pic on the left - The Malawi are in the bottom left and right corners and the top left corner. The right top corner and the center are occupied by the mix seeds.

All are in an organic mix and sharing the bed for now. We'll see what comes of this all. The center mix is showing some pistils but, I am not convinced that it will be all girl. We'll see.

Attachments

• IMG_9692.jpg
    IMG_9692.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9693.jpg
    IMG_9693.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_9694.jpg
    IMG_9694.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9695.jpg
    IMG_9695.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9696.jpg
    IMG_9696.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Welcome Azeotrope :)

Thanks for supporting our work, please, let me know in case you have any doubt during their development. Good luck with our genetics!

Azeotrope

Veteran
Dubi - Thank you for you for making such special genetics available! I am a true lover of the cannabis plant! The market is loaded with so much craziness these days.
I absolutely love growing as a hobby and have for many years. Of course there are the medicinal benefits for my arthritic knee, my wonderful wife's OCD and anxiety and so forth, but my love for the plant and growing it is really where my heart is.

The largest plant in the center of the bed is really growing with aggression. Smells wonderful! However, there are two small sites lower on it that look to be intersex. Hard to say for sure. Plenty of pistils and calyxes showing at the top. Time will tell. Just part of growing. I get about 30% males and sometimes that creeps up to 40% or a hermie pops up. That means the occasional breeding can take place if there is a special male or at the least, my worms get some really yummy food added to their bed.

Regards,

Azeo

Azeotrope

Veteran
Ace Malawi (and one Ace Mix) day 18 of 11.5/12.5

Ace Malawi (and one Ace Mix) day 18 of 11.5/12.5

Here is the family at approximately day 18 of flower. They are under 1 x 315 Philips Agro and side light is a 70w Osram Powerball 930 in a 32"x32"x63" Tent.

Hoping the two Malawi not yet showing will be girls. Also hoping that they are taking their time just as a product of genetics....... My instincts and experience tell me that if they were boys, they'd have shown by now. The Ace Mix plant that was in the center hermied and is feeding my worm bin. The remaining Mix is a girl and starting to flower like crazy.

Azeotrope

Veteran
So, I planted 3 Malawi and 2 Ace Mix. Have 3 Malawi Females and 1 Ace Mix Female. Will provide a family photo later today. Excellent ratio and very healthy girls.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Azeotrope,

Yeah, good job! Really healthy plants, ready to face a great flowering stage! ;)
Thanks for the update!

Azeotrope

Veteran
Dubi - Thank you for the kind words. We are very curious as to the outcome of the Ace Mix girl. She looks to be ready to provide a good amount and smells wonderful! The mystery is so much fun!

The Malawi are of course, very good growers and we expect a nice yield of very high quality.

Regards,

Azeotrope

Azeotrope

Veteran
Day 35/36 or so... 😁

Day 35/36 or so... 😁

I will be adding a bare bulb 70w or 150w cdm/cmh in the next day or so. To be mounted up high to illuminate the tops of these naughty girls. hahahaha

Kaskadian

Veteran
Looking incredible brother! Happy and healthy! You've got quite a jungle on your hands and I only imagine it will get crazier -- good problem to have. :D

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi Azeotrope,

Those tall Malawi tops will really benefit from adding more light ;)

Azeotrope

Veteran
Dubi -

I have learned to accept that healthy sativas in a tight space will do this and the addition of area lighting can make a big difference. Adding quality light that covers the spectrum is of more benefit than just pumping watts and blowing temps put of range.

Lighting was adjusted right after my last post. The main 315w Philips Agro CDM remains and there is a 70w Osram CDM 940 up high bathing the tops and throwing photons everywhere. This is in a 32"x32"x63" tent. I may change the 70w out for a 150w as I have everything required. I'll update with pics soon. These ladies are going crazy flowering!