What's new

Yunnan Regular stock?

thejact55

I had an older pack of 5 regular yunnan I popped recently. One got one to pop, and it hermied on me early on. Not complaining, crap happens. I then popped 3 femmed yunnan I bought after only one original bean popped. 2 of those are going strong, but I really want more regular seed stock. I like to make my own seeds and want these genetics in my collection, but want regular stock to keep it pure. Any hope of more regular seeds hitting the market anytime soonish?

brickweeder

I had an older pack of 5 regular yunnan I popped recently. One got one to pop, and it hermied on me early on. Not complaining, crap happens. I then popped 3 femmed yunnan I bought after only one original bean popped. 2 of those are going strong, but I really want more regular seed stock. I like to make my own seeds and want these genetics in my collection, but want regular stock to keep it pure. Any hope of more regular seeds hitting the market anytime soonish?

I know this is an old thread, but I am interested in regular versions of CY as well, and they seem to be unavailable. On my last grow, I crossed Orient Express male with the CY female (from fem seed). I may have to cross a CY-OE male (hashplant pheno) back to a CY (also hashplant pheno) and do this several times to get close to a CY regular seed, along the lines of what mr soul did for c99. And hopefully lessen any CY herm tendencies. I really would prefer to just purchase regular CY seeds from ACE though...

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Are the CY supposed to be free from hermaphrodism?

I'm not sure of the history of the variety but would suspect that plants grown for food are not necessarily selected against herm tendencies.

I too would like to source some regular CY for food (hemp seed) production purposes.

brickweeder

Are the CY supposed to be free from hermaphrodism?
CY has some herm tendencies...hasn't been fully worked out yet. After my first CY run hermed, Ace had emailedand confirmed that CY has some herm tendencies and that they'd try to work that out before issuing CY again. Their CY hybrids do not appear to have herm tendencies though. I tried reversing a CY clone with colloidal silver, and it just wouldn't reverse. Had to hit it with STS for a couple weeks before the reversal started and it still is not in full male flower production yet. So I am hoping this CY pheno I have has minimial herm if any tendencies and I can build from there.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
I myself pray to the universe that Ace Seeds makes more in the future from reading a conversation on a thread between Sam skunk and Ace's breeder pertaining to the CY being good enough to smoke meaning thc rich as where Sam at the time had not seen a good thc rich CY so I'm going to wait even if is years as it is worth the wait

brickweeder

CY, as it is right now, is definitely good enough to smoke. I like it a lot...no paranoia/anxiety...all around good feelings. And if you have a babe you can smoke CY with...all the better.

brickweeder

Why wait a couple of years for someone else to make CY stronger? Do a cross that will get a higher THC with a strain that YOU like, then backcross to CY and select for the strongest individuals, then take those and create more.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Not sure to what you're Implying unless your talking about a backcross program which I do not have the time for or even want to do when I can be patient and be rewarded when they're available in pure regular seeds form from there I can bReed it to a different landrace or heirloom or whatever I fashion at the time

brickweeder

Just saying it may take a long time for a higher THC regular version to be available, since that's what it seemed like you are waiting for based on your post #5 above. If you'd rather wait, wait.

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Yep pure seeds imo are worth waiting for as opposed to getting a outcross Ace Seeds is behind the CY rich in thc which is what I hope to post pics of here in the future when the universe blesses it upon me ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi,

We will try to bring back pure China Yunnan in regular format in a not very distant future, we are preserving and reproducing first other older landraces in seed form before their seeds are not viable anymore.

We still have pure China Yunnan preservation seed stock in the fridge from 2012 and also a nice seed reproduction of the strain that Pepe did last year and that he generously shared with me, as well as selected pure China females in the mother room so it can be done, but i want to do it with enough time, resources and energies so i can do the best job i can with them.

Pure China Yunnan has slight hermie tendencies, but not more or less than many other landraces inbetween P1 and P3 breeding stage. Glad some of you enjoyed with her effect and qualities. :yes:

Emperortaima

Namekian resident/farmer
Hi,

We will try to bring back pure China Yunnan in regular format in a not very distant future, we are preserving and reproducing first other older landraces in seed form before their seeds are not viable anymore.

We still have pure China Yunnan preservation seed stock in the fridge from 2012 and also a nice seed reproduction of the strain that Pepe did last year and that he generously shared with me, as well as selected pure China females in the mother room so it can be done, but i want to do it with enough time, resources and energies so i can do the best job i can with them.

Pure China Yunnan has slight hermie tendencies, but not more or less than many other landraces inbetween P1 and P3 breeding stage. Glad some of you enjoyed with her effect and qualities. :yes:

I'm way worth the patience for you guys to bring it back sometime in the future ;) I have a lifetime to wait blessings Dubi! And thanks for keeping the landraces alive

So Jung

I think we need more Dubi's.. lol

Would love to see early bubba as regular, kali china also.

I want to make low THC strains and early bubba would be amazing. I plan to hit some pollen from Pakistani chitral and Orient Express on the bubba, looking for smoooooth indica effect :))

Latest posts

Latest posts