What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How many seeds to start?

DoDad

I can only grow 8 plants at a time. How many seeds should I order and germ?

8 or 10 seeds just in case a couple don't pop?

fuggzy

I'm no pro but I would get the 10 pack. Better to have 2 extra than 2 short.

Good luck & have fun
Fuggzy

R

!RA!

Having a few extra is always a good idea, you can always keep them in the fridge. My last run I had 26 total and 21 popped.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yes, plan for the worst, hope for the best!!

If you're allowed 8 plant limit, then plant 12-16, esp. if you are using regular (non fem) seeds. Pick the most robust for your plant count. You can always use the ones you don't choose (females) or males in edibles, tincture, balm.

DoDad

I plan on buying only feminized seeds given my situation. The plan is to veg for 1st two weeks, then flip.

I was thinking of running 2 plants each of 4 different strains. I don't have a good success rate so growing 2 of each strain might hedge my bet for getting a taste of each.

X

Xephier

You won't get big plants(much yield) by vegging for 2 weeks and flipping. If you plan to flip after 2 weeks then you'd be better off getting autoflower seeds. Fem seeds are best if you veg them for no less than a month or 2 then flip. Unless you have a 10 inch height limit for some reason then do it your way.
As for the seeds unless this is going to be your only grow then I'd say get 20 seeds or w.e you have to in order to get a pile of free seeds from your seedbank. That's what I did and I still got a bunch. Or if you want to save on seeds you can(if you have the space) grow a mother plant and just take 7-8 clones off of it. But depending on the seedbank you use you may be stuck getting no less than 10 seeds either way.

waveguide

Veteran
some of the pick n mix option sites are nice.. especially for making seeds for later. as far as sowing, i generally soak the # of seeds i intend to grow, and wait a few days to see if any don't pop, then sow more.

Latest posts

Latest posts