What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

humidity issues in the tent

Mr Commercial

my grow tent is having humidity issues

my R/H is about 41 -38% got a wet towel in the tent to raise humidity

but just wondering whats the best RH levels in veg :tiphat:

X

Xephier

Around 35-70ish iirc. 35 in flowering so 38-41 isn't bad. It's not ideal but I wouldn't consider it an issue. I was having issues a while back but it was in my closet with 10% humidity. If you're getting 38-41 right now you're issues are more likely to arise in flower with getting the humidity down(mine are around 38-55% now, as plants get bigger they seem to produce more humidity).

Dready_jake

Around 35-70ish iirc. 35 in flowering so 38-41 isn't bad. It's not ideal but I wouldn't consider it an issue. I was having issues a while back but it was in my closet with 10% humidity. If you're getting 38-41 right now you're issues are more likely to arise in flower with getting the humidity down(mine are around 38-55% now, as plants get bigger they seem to produce more humidity).

False. Issues arise from poor air circulation. Not high humidity.

Agricultural VPD chart
↑^^^↑ these are the ideal levels for growing and flowering most plants, including these.

I'd also like to note I've seen guys with 35%rh get mold/mildew and guys running 75%rh that don't.

Also there are two types of mildews and molds. Some that like high humidity and some that prefer none.

DemonTrich

Veteran
thanks for posting the chart. that's the ideal temp/humidity numbers to shoot for an ideal grow.

too low rh and you get PM, too high and you get bud rot/mold. finding the happy medium is key to a great grow.

Dready_jake

I feel like I post that chart like once a day lol :D
Feel free to save it to your computer and dispell those nasty high humidity myths with me. Lol

DemonTrich

Veteran
someone over at the 'farm' hooked me up with the diagram showing the VDP and how important it is to plant transpiration (or what ever its called).

you can build an ultrasonic fogger for about $30 or less, including the tub (storage container), ultrasonic fogger, fan and pvc pipe.

X

Xephier

False. Issues arise from poor air circulation. Not high humidity.
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=60480&pictureid=1425008&=1]View Image[/url]
Agricultural VPD chart
↑^^^↑ these are the ideal levels for growing and flowering most plants, including these.

I'd also like to note I've seen guys with 35%rh get mold/mildew and guys running 75%rh that don't.

Also there are two types of mildews and molds. Some that like high humidity and some that prefer none.

Also different strains make a difference(so I've heard). White widow for instance is not as vulnerable to mold issues as some other strains. That's one of the things factored into how easy a strain is to grow. Keep in mind that I'm just echoing what I've heard, if I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

Dready_jake

Also different strains make a difference(so I've heard). White widow for instance is not as vulnerable to mold issues as some other strains. That's one of the things factored into how easy a strain is to grow. Keep in mind that I'm just echoing what I've heard, if I'm wrong then feel free to correct me.

No, that is definitely true of some strains have a higher resistance to mold/mildew than others. But unless you have like 85-99% humidity, its something about the air circulation or room design that is causing the issues ime

Dready_jake

I have heard this, anyone know why?

so then wouldn't a rh%of about 65% be pretty damm close enough?especially in a room around 80°f or lower. I'm sure the plants would love 65% over each increment below.THAT is really the only point I'm trying to make.the closer we get to this "guideline" the better the actual environment for the plants

Keep in mind if they have co² then they can run a higher temp and therefore require a higher rh% for that temp. That's why the chart works. I only top out at around 75-80 degrees f depending on how hard I run my apts ac. So a max of 65% would be perfect for me.