What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Help On Diagnosing Problem On First Grow...

BP75

this whole thread started seeming familiar and i just realized i was on this one earlier... it seems you are doing what i did on my first grow, at first too much water, then not enough... you'll over compensate/overcorrect a few times til you get it balanced. i went from no roots to not enough fertilizer in a week. the plant grows like hell in its sweet spot, you just have to keep up with it. :)

the one thing that remains from my original post... too hot.

a couple weeks ago you said something along the lines of "theres nothing i can do about the heat right now"

im thinking sell your car and buy an a/c... im sure youre starting to see what i eventually saw when i started...

compensate here, make up there, none of it really clicks until you get that heat down. that should be your top priority. especially before week four/five hits... my buds, though they are strong, were quite loose, airy, fluffy some people call it. point is its good smoke (not the best tasting either... too hot for terpenes to really quantify when they are just constantly vaporizing...) but there is no weight...

cool it down, and im sure your current problems will go away. The plant isnt in bad shape either... and the flowers will continue to sprout new white hairs despite the old orange crisps... but once you cool it down and your rh can hit at least 50%, youll be golden methinks...

my 2¢
-ananse

Ananse your 2¢ are more than welcome man...
i know i have still a lot to learn.... so i'm really open to your advices.
problem with the A/C unit is were to fit it in a 3'x3' tent is too small...
anyway i'll just follow exactly your recommendation on the feeding...
i started slow now i will up them constantly....
i sincerely thank you for taking your time to help.

this is how you make it fit:
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6928420&postcount=78

that is my dehum.

im about to build another box for my a/c.

the inline fan sucks air out of the tent through ducting into the box, the dehum works in the box and blows air out the top, which is then ducted back to the tents at the lower duct hole...

you do this same thing, except without the splitters.

i will take the top wye off of this box and attach a single duct to the a/c box, then the output of my a/c box will have the wye fitted to it, allowing air back to my two tents.

thats my two cents... ;)

here you quoted post #40, I just want to make sure you arent missing the thoughts in post #39 regarding balancing your nutes/water to match the VPD... :) cause that post is probably worth more than 2¢... probably even close to 3¢!!!

LOL!

Later

Also, I wasn't trying to give you an exact schedule, I was ultimately talking hypothetical numbers, that I suppose COULD work in the real world, but like I said before this would DEPEND ON THE STRAIN AND ENVIRONMENT.

I basically wanted you to learn to read what too hot and dry looks like... and if its too hot and dry, "feed more often" with "lower ppm"... but the ppms i gave over the weeks schedule could be a good guideline... or it could be way too much... must listen to what the plants tell you :)

Good luck!

Last edited:

BP75

here you quoted post #40, I just want to make sure you arent missing the thoughts in post #39 regarding balancing your nutes/water to match the VPD... :) cause that post is probably worth more than 2¢... probably even close to 3¢!!!

LOL!

Later

Also, I wasn't trying to give you an exact schedule, I was ultimately talking hypothetical numbers, that I suppose COULD work in the real world, but like I said before this would DEPEND ON THE STRAIN AND ENVIRONMENT.

I basically wanted you to learn to read what too hot and dry looks like... and if its too hot and dry, "feed more often" with "lower ppm"... but the ppms i gave over the weeks schedule could be a good guideline... or it could be way too much... must listen to what the plants tell you :)

Good luck!

Kweku i read carefully and understood perfectly what you meant in post n 39...
i just quoted post 40 since it was the last one...
i also think that your information is really worthy and everything you advised makes sense perfectly...
i just checked the root system.... it does not look affected by the 5 day dry cycle the plants got ...
this makes me optimistic... i also noticed they are drinkung much more water so i will definitely water more frequently at a slightly
lighter ppm dose...
i will not follow the schedule you exampled for me .... i understood it was just an example... i'll try to understand ehat the plants are telling even if it is not that simple in the first grow... i need more experience...
i'll definitely consider now the possibility of buying an A/C unit and mounting it outside the tent like you....
do you have a link to what you bought... just to create an idea....
kweku... thanks a lot again man....

P.S.: what do you think of these roots... are they healthy???
DSC_1378.jpg
DSC_1379.jpg

Kweku i read carefully and understood perfectly what you meant in post n 39...
i just quoted post 40 since it was the last one...
i also think that your information is really worthy and everything you advised makes sense perfectly...
i just checked the root system.... it does not look affected by the 5 day dry cycle the plants got ...
this makes me optimistic... i also noticed they are drinkung much more water so i will definitely water more frequently at a slightly
lighter ppm dose...
i will not follow the schedule you exampled for me .... i understood it was just an example... i'll try to understand ehat the plants are telling even if it is not that simple in the first grow... i need more experience...
i'll definitely consider now the possibility of buying an A/C unit and mounting it outside the tent like you....
do you have a link to what you bought... just to create an idea....
kweku... thanks a lot again man....

P.S.: what do you think of these roots... are they healthy???
View attachment 323337
View attachment 323338

They look great. Just thirsty. :) I just got the typical lowes/home depot cheapot dehumidifier and glued some whiteboard to some pine frame that i glued together, cut the hole for the flange with a drywall drill adaptor, and got some various ducting from max-duct. this concept can be applied to any object... as far as a/c... your guess is as good as mine... im giving the ideal-air 12,000 btu dual hose a go... who knows... some portables are great, others are trash... hopefully ideal-air makes a good fit for me.

BP75

Hello to everyone...
time for an update... i watered today and i am noticing the girls really like frequent watering. this is start of week five of flower today, 31 days have passed and with everyday watering should help these girls go past their recent health problems... i know i will not have a big yield most probably because of the high temps that the girls are facing in this crucial period of flower but i hope it is successful in the first place than yield will get better with experience....
some canopy pics...

the girl on the right, the most affected by the health problems discussed before still presents a slightly lighter green canopy than the girl on the left, but she is flowering like the other one...
some bud pics...

things were starting to get nicely sticky when i defoliated them a little today of their older/more damaged leaves, i wanted to help the smaller branches get more light also....
i don't know how a 30 day bud looks like first hand but i have the impression they are a little behind... i tried to compare to pictures online and my flowers seem a little small for a 30 days flowers, but anyway i'm satisfied they are reacting and still growing , let see how they will grow in the next 7-10 days...
today i fed regular full bloom nutes consisting of
10ml micro + 5ml Grow + 15ml Bloom of GH flora series...(750ppm)
i wanted to try to increase the bloom slightly and constantly this week until i reach 1000 ppm and keep the micro and grow to this level???? do you think it may give them a boost????
Feedback is welcome as always.
thank u guys.

them leaves look healthy

id watch that 1000ppm, they look completely satisfied atm. maybe increase a lil slower, or else be ready to flush if you burn them!

(personally i'm lighthanded as to avoid haveing to flush an overdose...gets old fast. I had to flush like 4 times my first grow before i learned that lesson.)

nice and green out to the edges :)

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^That

Hold the line ;) 1.0-1.2 is more than sufficient, at most I'll drop base to account for flower additives and keep it at 1.2.

BP75

Hello Kweku and hello Mikell...
thank you guys for participating and helping,
i will definitely follow your advice...
i wanted to use some flower supplement but then i thought i might go with just the base line this first grow....now you are making me have second thoughts...
what do you think a good flower booster is , i can't have the koolbloom neither the liquid koolbloom where i live....
i was thinking canna p/k 13/14 or something similar.... or i can get this
which looks really similar to the powder koolbloom
http://grotek.com/en/products/product.aspx?id=68
what do you think?
do you think it will help those buds out???

i liked canna... never used the 13/14 tho...

personally im all organic now. are you in the pnw? including b.c.

if so check out dominion organics.. im into it

but it costs way too much to order that stuff from amazon.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nothing wrong with just base, it will give you a (wait for it....wait for it...) baseline.

You're already feeding higher Bloom base, adding another PK would be redundant. Flower additives are for the most part similar, re: high PK products. Brand loyalty plays a part and no doubt Canna/H&G/etc add some unicorn powder or the like to their products, but either way if you're looking around I'd say just grab what's economical.

Where are all the GH guys? You're getting help from two organic growers in the PNW ;)

Unclecrash

I run 6/9 flora with a bit of calmg with ro water. I tryed the well water and hard water micro because im wanting to get away from ro water. but wa seeing severe deficiencies. So I was close to going into flower so I put the hard water micro away till next veg cycle to experement again. My bro grows tree's in soil using the flora series he uses 5/5/2.5 in veg and they explode. Im thinking about trying that in veg and going back to 6/9 in flower. micro 5ml grow 5ml bloom 2.5ml to veg, but he is on tap water and I dont know the ppm but he dont even have to ph his shit and never has cause the soil takes care of it. And the 5/5/2.5 is a balanced nute schedule off of there chart.

Last edited:
Nothing wrong with just base, it will give you a (wait for it....wait for it...) baseline.

You're already feeding higher Bloom base, adding another PK would be redundant. Flower additives are for the most part similar, re: high PK products. Brand loyalty plays a part and no doubt Canna/H&G/etc add some unicorn powder or the like to their products, but either way if you're looking around I'd say just grab what's economical.

Where are all the GH guys? You're getting help from two organic growers in the PNW ;)

I have mention, I heard that GH was bought by monsanto... jussayin

BP75

Hello guys,
i wanted to update the situation...
have been busy a lot recently but i managed to feed them babies regularly , every day.
i have fed a little of the pk booster these days...not going over 700ppm anyway.
today i cut completely the grow part of my feeding schedule...is it ok?
i think the Micro and the Bloom can cover for the Nitrogen needs @ this stage of the grow.
i will feed just Micro Bloom and a little Pk monster bloom for the next 3 days....then i will cut the pk booster off and continue with just micro and bloom reducin each day for the next 3-4 days ... after that only water for the last 10-12 days to flush them....
overall pics...
DSCN1298.jpg
DSCN1302.jpg
best buds...they are still swelling...
DSCN1303.jpg
DSCN1304.jpg
DSCN1306.jpg
DSCN1309.jpg
i wanted to thank you guys for helping me to build the necessary
knowledge which served me to help these girls become healthy and produce this beautiful flowers...