What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First week of flower down.

FroctorD

By re-direct you mean it takes you to the ICmag main page? IDK WTF is up with that. If you wanna see HD pics you can taste, (lol) I post a bunch on G+ ( https://plus.google.com/+FroctorDankenstein/posts ). Posting here has become frustrating for my dumb ass.

Anyways, back-building is a technique that's supposed to make for denser nugs. What I understand so far is that a small amount (1/8") is tipped off the apex of each bud to stop vertical growth and cause the buds to grow denser instead. This is supposed to be done mid-late flower after a majority of the buds have formed. I tried it on some of the foxtails on the cocoa kush and if definitely stopped the growth and made them much denser in about a week. I have read that it is used more for bag appeal rather than any yield enhancement. Either way, it seems effective.

Dready_jake

I've got some supercropped some left alone and one back building. Well see what happens. So far I've seen the greatest results from supercroping. Super cropping alone has helped reduce the foxtaily nature of my sativa doms

Also I think the redirects are different for everyone. Sometime clicking you guyss pics sends me to my album

FroctorD

It shouldn't have any effect on yield one way or another. Its more for a better look ad feel, or easier trim in my case. At least that's what I was after, but I decided to let them run wild.

lovely grow.

but i don't get this mainline technique. it looks just like topping and LST, cept for some reason you do it really slow.

why veg a plant for 4 weeks just to chop it down to the bottom 2 nodes? why don't you just top the plant at the 6th node from seed like everyone always did in the past and then continue vegging. same results. half the time. because you didn't bush out a plant just to cut it all off and throw it in the trash then veg it again.

Its about symmetry, the tech you described adds more bud sites (large and small) and mainlining uses fewer, equally distributed branches, rather than some trunks and some twigs.

Then all the colas are even and easier to trim, more uniform bud size, etc. because every bud is the same distance from the original split. Uniform distribution of nutrients from the root zone.

Personally I look at it like a single plant Sea of Green...

-Kweku

FroctorD

Because the results aren't quite the same. I doubt you could yield similarly with the "standard style" training and same height. It creates a compact plant with full size yields. This technique puts all of your bud sites in a condensed height range, keeping them in an optimal zone for artificial lighting. It also promotes consistency throughout the plants flowers. The reason for allowing it to veg to the 5th or 6th node, then cut to the 3rd,is to allow the plant to build a substantial root mass to aide in recovery from the toppings and strippings. I completed my manifolds in about 70 days, but I am certain that a sure footed grower could do it in less, especially in full hydro.

FroctorD

Finishing off week 6 and steam boating into 7. The fall colors are awesome, and the trichomes are maturing fast. I may not get as much flush time as I had prepared for, but my lighter feeding schedules should help in that area... I hope. Plus my mix cleans easy. I'm so close I can taste it. Thanks GPS!

FroctorD

Sorry for the void, but the harvest has come and gone. Total dry yield is a hair over 17oz. CK averaged about 2.5oz each and Whitaker Blues gave me 4oz, with 16g coming from the small clone. I'm not sure where that stands for these DJ short strains, especially at 2', but either way I have plenty of top notch meds at my disposal.

FroctorD

Here's some pictures of cured flowers. I apologize for the delay, shits been busy.

As far as a smoke report....I'm not good at descriptions. But Cocoa Kush is incredible. Very strong head high that transitions into a very relaxing body stone. Whitaker Blues has superior smells and flavors; very sweet and berry-ish, and it's 80% indica nature is known in the sedative effects of the delicious smoke.

bathroomgrower

First Time Cloning

First Time Cloning

About how long does it take before a clone begins to grow at the same rate as the plant it was cut from was growing. Almost a month has gone by and it's just now starting to pick up the growth rate. I'll learn as I go, as I guess everybody does, but it does seem like it's taking a longer time than it should. And thanks to everyone here, I'm getting a first class education.