What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

First real grow room

SBudz08

13 x 8 room
New construction using one existing drywalled wall in garage
2 x 4 framing in concrete floor
Plywood exterior
Roxul R15 insulation

Coming soon:

Purple 5/8" Gypsum Drywall
KILZ Primer
Valspar Premium Flat White
Gaps in insulation are for ducting.

2 1000 Watt XXXL Magnums
12 Bucket RDWC Courtesy of BlazeOneUp!

Possible separation for veg room.

Paddi

GanjaGrower
Veteran
Your gonna have lots of fun in your garage.
Guess your Family will miss you ;)

Remember to report to ICMag with a lot of pic-documentation :peacock:

P :smoke:

Granger2

Veteran
Use zero VOC paint, and interior KILZ. I used a 0 VOC paint/primer combo. 'Sbeen up over a year. So far it has held up well. Use scrubbable paint. I think it was Valspar. Good luck. -granger

SBudz08

Just finished all exterior plywood, caulking, foaming and interior insulation. I'm about to put 6 mil plastic on the inside over the framing & insulation tonight and then a friend is coming tomorrow to help me cut holes for ducting and drywall.

SBudz08

Super productive weekend! Put in 6 mil vapor barrier and taped it all off top to bottom. Put in heavy ass 5/8" purple gypsum. Started cutting ducting holes in walls. Taped up all drywall and about 1/3 of the way done with mud. By the way I gotta say that N9511 masks are a MUST for anyone working with insulation and drywall. My throat got super irritated just being in there for 2 minutes without one. Rubber gloves are also awesome.

SBudz08

Another great weekend of getting things done! I don't know why some of these images got turned upside down.. but you get the idea. Finished mud and primer. Definitely not perfect but a clean job nonetheless.

SBudz08

Use zero VOC paint, and interior KILZ. I used a 0 VOC paint/primer combo. 'Sbeen up over a year. So far it has held up well. Use scrubbable paint. I think it was Valspar. Good luck. -granger

Took your advice on this. KILZ is the best primer I've ever worked with! I'll let you know how it goes with the Valspar. Thanks Granger! :good:

al70

Veteran
I'd need a month or two to just tune a space like that in, good luck, gonna keep an eye on this.

SBudz08

Trying to set aside some time this weekend to build my veg box, paint, and build the door. I'd kill for a day off work to just work on this! Baaaahhhhh!!!

SBudz08

Made some progress on my veg cabinet. Still gotta put some doors on, throw the 4ft T5 in, air flow, and test for light leaks. Was able to use leftover plywood from building the room.