What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Introducing cannabis to chemo patient

Green

Veteran
Aloha,

I got a good friend that will be receiving chemo for stage 3 cancer. I spoke with her about using cannabis and she is very open to this medication. I'm looking for some tips from this wonderful icmag community on introducing this humble and healing herb.

I don't think she has ever tried cannabis before, she doesn't even drink. I wanna make sure she starts off slow. I know a lot of first time users are put off due to accidental high dosage and or set and setting causing anxiety and panic.(we all have been there)

I'm thinking of a vaporizer set up. Effects are instant and easy to titrate dosage. And making the first time set and setting amazing and relaxing.

Thanks for the tips and knowledge, let me know what you think.

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
doobie has the answer... RickSimpson

as to introduction into 'the cure' his successful advice is to ingest 60 grams of 'Oil' in one month.. takes about a pound of AAA bud to make 60 grams of oil. u be smashed for the month and not suggested to do simultaneously with chemo, although I could be wrong about that.. regardless better (I do not know first hand) than I've heard about chemo..

Green

Veteran
Great! Thanks you guys, I am appreciative. I've been doing tons of research on Rick Simpson oil. Will get this going asap

blastfrompast

Veteran
for the people I help going thru chemo....

1.2g decarbed extract mixed into fat of their choice made into 24 doses....I prefer to give the patient the raw materials and let them bake their own treats that they think they can get down, or just put the oil/fat into capsules...

Kills the nausea from the "red devil" chemo treatment, and helps when their fingernails are falling off etc...

Nothing like hearing from a 2nd time cancer survivor saying for the first time in weeks she was able to enjoy some time with her FAMILY. No puking, just smiles, if weak.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
We (friends/family) prefer food grade ethanol over naptha, otherwise all the info is the same. :)

Last edited:

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
for the people I help going thru chemo....

1.2g decarbed extract mixed into fat of their choice made into 24 doses....I prefer to give the patient the raw materials and let them bake their own treats that they think they can get down, or just put the oil/fat into capsules...

Kills the nausea from the "red devil" chemo treatment, and helps when their fingernails are falling off etc...

Nothing like hearing from a 2nd time cancer survivor saying for the first time in weeks she was able to enjoy some time with her FAMILY. No puking, just smiles, if weak.
this dosage (1.2gr in 24) is your prescription for the after effects of chemo? 1 a day or 1 per hour?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Sorry to hear of your friends Cancer..

Sorry to hear of your friends Cancer..

I have Rectal Cancer and can help with specific questions you may have. (I have been through Radiation/Chemotherapy, Surgery, 6 months of strong Chemotherapy and Voodoo)

Stage 3 sounds pretty scary. What kind of Cancer does she have?

I used 60 mg THC Cookies and Ibuprofen everyday to reduce the pain from the Radiation Treatment (burns) Smoked lot's of weed and Vaped it.

I did not have Nausea often associated with Strong Chemotherapy as they gave me anti-nausea medicine and Steroids during my 4 hour infusion. (You cannot take RSO and Chemotherapy at the same time.)

I still like to eat a CannaCookie at bedtime.

Just let me know if you have any questions from a Cancer Survivor :party:

Green

Veteran
Blastfrompast- yes I've made this recipe myself. Averaging .1 of decarb herb in coconut oil in 00 capsules. Will whip up a batch for her to try.

Douglous.curtis- Are you referring tinctures? I love tinctures. Will give her some to try as well.

420somewhere- I'm happy to hear from a cancer survivor! Huge shock she is a 29 year sweetie. So she has colon cancer stage 3 a or b. At least one lymph node malignant. I don't know to much details. Which did you prefer edibles or vape/smoke, or combination depending on circumstance? It looks like the consensus so far is edibles.

Angelgoob- I'll do some research on that.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
They are both debilitating..

They are both debilitating..

420somewhere Why can't you use RSO during Chemo?

Your blood levels need to be checked continuously during Treatment to determine the dosage and duration of the cure.

The practical reason is that the RSO whacks you. Try taking a Gram of 80% THC and you will understand.

I would recommend that anyone considering RSO as a Cancer Cure should go through contemporary treatment followed by RSO.

If you have a fast growing cancer you may not have time for alternative cures.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
It's edibles for the win...

It's edibles for the win...

420somewhere- I'm happy to hear from a cancer survivor! Huge shock she is a 29 year sweetie. So she has colon cancer stage 3 a or b. At least one lymph node malignant. I don't know to much details. Which did you prefer edibles or vape/smoke, or combination depending on circumstance? It looks like the consensus so far is edibles.

That's crazy. Her best bet will be reducing the spread unless they can cut it out. She will probably get the same or similar medicine they gave me, depending where she lives.

I make Snickerdoodle CannaCookies using Coconut Oil. I use 20% THC Indica weed for my Oil. Great for sleeping through the night and great for the feeling optimism of life. For pain a cookie and an Ibuprofen are about equal to a Percocet.

Best of luck !

Douglas.Curtis

Your blood levels need to be checked continuously during Treatment to determine the dosage and duration of the cure.

The practical reason is that the RSO whacks you. Try taking a Gram of 80% THC and you will understand.

I would recommend that anyone considering RSO as a Cancer Cure should go through contemporary treatment followed by RSO.

If you have a fast growing cancer you may not have time for alternative cures.
Sorry, not going to recommend people damage their immune system, THEN try to repair it with cannabis. MUCH more effective to use the cannabis first. RSO doesn't whack you. Irresponsible usage/dosage will whack you.

Oncology kills. Period. Talk to any oncology nurse who's spent 20 years in the trenches. TRILLIONS of dollars in research have bumped the death rates down only a few ticks.

Ridiculous.

Raise the pH of the body to slow the spread, attack with cannabis oils and real food.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Talk to your Oncologist!

Talk to your Oncologist!

I would not give your recommendation to a person with Stage 3 Cancer. Her cancer has spread to the lymph nodes, it's spreading. If the RSO doesn't work, it will spread more and she will die.

Sorry, not going to recommend people damage their immune system, THEN try to repair it with cannabis.

Your immune system is compromised while your are taking Chemotherapy which is why you are tested frequently (before your next dose). My white blood count did not drop to a dangerous level during my 6 months of Chemotherapy. After Chemotherapy your immune system returns to normal.

MUCH more effective to use the cannabis first. RSO doesn't whack you. Irresponsible usage/dosage will whack you.

The above is just wrong. If you want to try RSO wait until after conventional therapy is completed.

Oncology kills. Period. Talk to any oncology nurse who's spent 20 years in the trenches. TRILLIONS of dollars in research have bumped the death rates down only a few ticks.

Cancer kills. An Oncologist can save your life, one saved mine. I have not found anyone cured of cancer by not talking to an Oncologist.

Ridiculous.

Raise the pH of the body to slow the spread, attack with cannabis oils and real food.

I have met many people with cancer, some are still alive and some are dead.

The biggest problem with cancer is getting it before it spreads throughout your body.

If you are lucky, it can be removed by surgery.

There are hundreds of successful ways to treat cancer and that's what Oncologists specialize in.

Unfortunately there is no scientific evidence that Marijuana Cures cancer.

I feel sorry for Oncologists as so many of their patients will die.

Douglas.Curtis

Posting in big letters and using colors does nothing for you.

They also send stage 4 patients home to die, patients who fully recover on cannabis. Everything I mentioned is an assist to beating cancer, I've personally watched the changes and seen the beneficial results.

Oncologists have had patients dying on them from the beginning of oncology. Again... TRILLIONS in research to barely move death statistics a few points to the positive. That's not a great track record at all, and not one I'd recommend to people.

Name me one chemo/radiation or other oncology "cure" which leaves the immune system perfectly healthy.

Go ahead, type ignorance in giant letters again. I've said my peace and am unsubscribing from this thread.

Good luck

p.s. @Green Unless she's an O blood type of the right secretor status, using coconut oil will waste a lot of cannabinoids due to non-digestion of the oil it's in. Use a high quality olive oil if possible. PM me if you have any questions. Rooting for you guys. :)

Last edited:

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oncologists have had patients dying on them from the beginning of oncology. Again... TRILLIONS in research to barely move death statistics a few points to the positive. That's not a great track record at all, and not one I'd recommend to people.

Name me one chemo/radiation or other oncology "cure" which leaves the immune system perfectly healthy.

True. Cancer knows no boundaries....look at all the rich folk that have died...too many to name. Had their been a "cure" they'd still be alive. Had those $$$$ in research come up with "cures", it'd have been money spent. Flip side....billions are being made from chemo Rx....Big Pharma likes that. If we "cured" people, there wouldn't be as much demand for chemo drugs. See-saw. Which is it?

Some that have "managed" their cancer or into remission by cannabis, YAY! I know of numerous situations, but they were staged I, II cancers, not metastatically Stage III or Stage IV. I've read reports of patients Stage II/Stage IV that have returned to a better state from cannabis. "Cured"? Not sure. More latent testing needs to be studied.
I know from personal experience seeing family/friends endure their war on cancer, and also working in healthcare the last 30 years...cancer can go into remission.....then years later, it'll morph into another blood thirsty organ. It only takes ONE cancer cell (dormant/mutated/irregular) that was not wiped out during radiation/chemo to rare up its ugly head at a later time.....months, years.

True, cannabis does alleviate pain....I know that from several peers, customers that have used capsules, suppositories and fresh (frozen) green matter. It can shrink tumors due to its endocannabinoidal properties. I'd like to think it can totally be eradicated, but the jury is still out.

Progress is being made....just not at the time frame we'd like to see.

LostTribe

Premium user
Great! Thanks you guys, I am appreciative. I've been doing tons of research on Rick Simpson oil. Will get this going asap

She could possibly benefit from non activated oil doses i.e. not de carboxylated. This would allow her the benefit of the cannabinoids without the high.

Dr. Robert Melamede has assisted patients with activated doses up to 60 grams at one time with fantastic cancer killing results with a friend with AIDS and cancerous lesions. Check the end of my treating cancer with concentrates thread listed below in my sig.

I always tell folks as is widely recommended within RSO protocol to begin with a dose of oil the size of a grain of rice per day and work up to 1 gram per day for a minimum of 90 days at 1 gram per day. But some also add the more you can take the better.

Read thru the entire concentrates thread there is a lot of great info in there with greywolf chiming in very often. He is on the front line and is available via pm most times too.

What kind of cancer is your friend dealing with? Has she changed her diet to all organic leafy greens? Is she taking baking soda to push her more alkaline?

Gry

Long time survivor that finds validity in post 15.
I was misdiagnosed and am no fan of rockerfeller medicine.
This subject has been of interest to me ever since.

Latest posts

Latest posts