What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Treating Cancer with Cannabis - patient is 7 year old Boxer Dog

jim jones

Thanks for all the replies guys they are so so helpfull! I didnt realise diet could play such an important part in cancer growth. Anyway i put this to him and hes really optimistic after seeing all the testimonials on phoenix tears. Ive decided to grow cbd skunk haze for him as it has a 1:1 ratio of cbd to thc, hopefully everything goes alright as were in a country wherr cannabis is still illegal. Im planning on choosing the best mother plant with the highest medicinal values to continue to help other cancer patients,is there any way to test for cannabinoids without smoking the bud and no access to labs?

Thanks again guys

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
is there any way to test for cannabinoids without smoking the bud and no access to labs?

Thanks again guys

You're looking for the mum that gets you the most 'medicated' (mood control, attitude, energy... whatnot) with the least "High" or "stone" attached to it.

The higher the THC... the more 'high/stoned' the feeling. The more balanced the THC/CBD... the more balanced the reaction you'll have to it.

Make sense? CBD is a regulator of sorts for the THC.

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

jim jones

Sorry i should of been more specific, i mean i want to try select the pheno with the most thc and cbd. The average ratio of skunk haze is 5% but the analysis of skunk haze on cbd crew website states 12.5% thc and 11% cbd, am i right in thinking although the average is 5% some phenos will have a much higher percentage. If so then obviously id like to go for the higher one to make the mosr potent oil.

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
As long as the THC/CBD ratio is balanced... your dog won't care if you use 20% or 5% of each. You're going to adjust dosing at the time they eat it anyway... eh? :)

The only thing the high percentages do is make the oil a bit more powerful than the next plant.

The Hatter

Veteran
You might want to look at some of the auto strains. They almost always seem to have a relatively high ratio of cbd in them.

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
Cat cured of Squamous Cell Cancer

By Jon Marsh and Charlie Renaud in Cannabis Oil Success Stories (Files) · Edit Doc

I cured my 14 yr old house cat from cancer using RSO. May 31, 2012 - my cat, George, suddenly curled up in a closet to die, and stopped eating. All of a sudden. He was gagging, like he had something stuck in his throat, or trying to vomit. I called my vet and described the swelling I saw at the back of his mouth, on the left side (his right). His right eye was also beginning to bulge out. Vet said it could be 2 things, a tooth abscess or cancer. I made an appt to bring him to them in the morning and immediately gave him a dose of Oil. In the meantime, he was not eating and clearly dehydrated. So, I asked them how I could feed him, since they advised me cats cannot go without food for days like we can. So, I had to mix his food with water and feed him with a syringe and give him supplemental water with a syringe also.We took him to the vet in the morning for him to officially diagnose him, and he confirmed immediately that it was Squamous Cell Carcinoma. Deadly and common for older cats. He said the eye bulging was tumour growth...spreading. They said euthanasia was the only option, it was fatal and fast moving! I told him that I was going to treat him with Cannabis Oil, and in fact, had already given him his first dose. The eye bulging stopped and receded 2.5 days into treatment so I knew it was working. I brought him back in exactly 7 days later and the tumour that had been the size of a Toonie on June 1st, now on June 8th, was less than the size of a dime!!!! The vet said, "Miracles DO happen".My cat finally began eating again on his own on day 5 of treatment with the oil. I stopped giving him the Oil after 12 days, since he was totally back to normal and has been since. In fact, I think he is healthier now!

Dosage: I gave him a half of rice grain drop once a day for the first day, then twice a day for 5 days, then once a day for the last 6 days. He disliked the taste, he drooled, so I held him and wiped his drool, while holding him on his back and rubbing his tummy and his throat, so he would swallow, rather than just standing there drooling all over the floor. I wanted to make sure he got all the medicine in him and didn't drool it out. You could probably go with a smaller dose.

You shouldn't discontinue treatment like that. People do this all the time with antibiotics too only to have the problem come back stronger with resistance because the symptoms simply resided. Continue treatment for significantly longer than the symptoms reside to ensure success.

Very happy to hear it has worked out for you though.

:woohoo:

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
attack it from multiple angles. the heavy doses of cannabis oil will help the chemo from making him super sick if nothing else.

However it has been proven that cbd's stop tumor growth. I know a person with bone cancer, and the plant keeps him alive.

The chemo could easily counteract the positive effects of the cannabis. Chemotherapy typically weakens everything and kills everything, including your immune system - a mechanism cannabis sometimes uses to treat.

Plus they are often carcinogenic themselves and cause cancers far worse and more fatal. Generally when cancers come back after successful treatment, it's game over. There was recently a study published on this.

I've seen people complain about Rick Simpson's oil being carcinogenic, believe me, it's got nothing on the most common chemotherapies.

I hesitate to give out medical advice to anyone without many qualifications, but I know that I would never ever receive radiation or chemotherapy for anything because they tend to be highly ineffective, have some of the worst side effects imaginable and even if they work in the short term will usually kill you and leave you no where near what you once were in the long term.

Surgery can be a fantastic option.

Best advice I think anyone can ever receive about medicine (in general) is that doctors (and others) only know what they've learned and it's completely impossible for one man to know it all. Not all are ethical (some the exact opposite). They are also very limited in how they can practice from a number of different angles (licensing boards, accepted practices, legality, research and liability). Anecdotal evidence can get you pretty far, but doctors are trained to shy away from it. In court it can go significantly further than it does with your typical western educated doctor.

And I have nothing against doctors, but we are all products of our environment and anyone who thinks they know best probably is someone whose advice you should always take with a grain of salt.

The right answer is ultimately a really personal decision.

Question everything, research everything, do the leg work yourself. No matter how difficult. It is your life and body after all.

bigdaddyc9

I have my best friend a jack Russell who I fear has a skin cancer on her face.I live in a non friendly MMj state but I am chronic pain patient on high dose opies,480mg Oxycontin who uses med quality cannabis for cyclic vomiting.How can I make a preparation from the white widow and Lifesaver 1/2 zips I have? Do I need to have a pound to make RSO? I need this dog to be around for a few more years.She is my best friend.Thanks in advance..Peace and One Love BigD

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I have my best friend a jack Russell who I fear has a skin cancer on her face.I live in a non friendly MMj state but I am chronic pain patient on high dose opies,480mg Oxycontin who uses med quality cannabis for cyclic vomiting.How can I make a preparation from the white widow and Lifesaver 1/2 zips I have? Do I need to have a pound to make RSO? I need this dog to be around for a few more years.She is my best friend.Thanks in advance..Peace and One Love BigD

Follow the steps for Rick Simpson oil. Ethanol extraction.
Then follow the steps for Holy Anointing Oil though maybe with reduced cinnamon levels? (not sure, anyone care to chime in?)

Threads for both can be found by using a real search engine on the web, narrowed to this site specifically. Google takes site:icmag.com as an expression, before your search terms.

Start with tiny doses... the dog is not big. :)

maryjaneismyfre

Veteran
Yes the cinnamon in the Holy oil is like wasabi for the skin, but makes sensitive people inflame where topically applied. Dogs are especially sensitive to essential oils so I'd be wary of any cinnamon oil in their topical.

bigdaddyc9

I feed my dogs "Freshpet" so today when I fed her I ground up a tiny bud of Lifesaver and mixed it into a small dollop of butter and fed it to her.She is just hanging out with me so I will be able to watch her for anything abnormal.I have about 30 grams total of 4 different strains..lifesaver..power skunk,white widow and Manatuska Thunderfuck, and outof that I use about 2 grams a day so I do not have enough to make RSo at this time.Do I have to decarb the weed to make it active enough to help her or is it ok to give her small amounts of duff or popcorn nugs mixed in fat os some kind?Thanks friends...Peace and One Love..BigD my Jack Russell is named Ellie aka Sweetie Bones..

OGEvilgenius

Veteran
I'd decarb it in butter personally. Dogs love butter and it's what I used to treat my dog.

You have plenty to make some strong butter and a tiny dog like yours wouldn't need hardly any at all.

bigdaddyc9

I used about 2.5 grams to 1 stick of AA butter.It is very green and the weed settled to the bottom.I put it into jelly jar to cool.I give her a thimble full every feeding.Which can be 1 or 2 times daily.I will try and get picks of her growth's one on her face and one on her leg.Evidence.....BigD

G

Guest 26753

You really only need a couple of grams of high THC cannabis oil to treat a facial tumour on a dog. Apply the oil undiluted directly to the lesion after thoroughly cleaning first. Apply daily. The process is usually quite quick and results should be evident within 2 to 3 weeks.

If you have any questions I suggest you go and email my good friend, Dr Doug Kramer, the first Veterinarian in the world to be openly using mmj to treat pets in palliative/hospice care. See below -

California doc pushes for veterinary medical marijuana

By William Breathes in Medical, News
Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Here's one for our cannabis-friendly canine lovers out there: should dogs be allowed medical marijuana the same as humans? According to California veterinarian Dr. Doug Kramer the answer is a resounding yes.

Not a medical or recreational cannabis user himself, Kramer nevertheless advocates for medical cannabis use. Kramer tells Dogser.com that he's been administering cannabis to pets for some time now after seeing medical marijuana patient pet owners come to him with stories of how they had seen success in their own animals. He says the catalyst came when his own dog, Nikita, developed cancer and he turned to cannabis as a way to help heal her and get her through the eventual end.

Dr%20Kramer%20CC%20cropA.jpg

Dr. Doug Kramer administers medical marijuana to Mason the Vizsla, who has late-stage cancer

Kramer's outlook on cannabis for pets is the same as many doctors: it's a safer alternative to often-deadly pain medications, and when used properly it can be an amazing therapeutic substance. On his website, VetGuru.com, he posts a study he conducted that showed cannabis use could help decrease the dosage of opiates used for pain.

"Overwhelming documented and empirical evidence suggests that there is a role for medicinal marijuana in veterinary medicine," Kramer wrote. "In many, many scientific studies, THC and its synthetic derivatives have been shown to be effective in most animal models of pain."

after%20administration%20crop.jpg

After receiving his dose of medical marijuana, Mason looks very relaxed

Other vets chime in throughout the article, including an Ohio vet who says he's frustrated that there isn't any interest in the subject beyond what Kramer is doing in California. He says he's all for using specific strains to target nausea, appetite and pain relief just like with humans. But marijuana's position as a Schedule I controlled substance with the feds pretty much kills any hope for veterinary research anytime soon (again, just like with humans).

And since California's medical marijuana laws make no mention of animal use, Kramer acknowledges that he could be putting himself in a rough spot legally. But the benefit he sees with his patients outweighs the current dangers of pharmaceutical drugs that frequently cause overdoses in animals.

"The decision was an easy one for me to make," he tells Dogster.com. "I refuse to condemn my patients to a miserable existence for self preservation or concerns about what may or may not happen to me as a consequence of my actions ... This is an issue of animal welfare, plain and simple. Remaining silent would represent a clear violation of the veterinarian's oath I took when I was admitted into this profession."

The article also details how a Nevada woman who used whole-flower cannabis oil to help her dog battle a kind of doggie leukemia. The woman says that the prohibitive cost of chemotherapy kept her from taking that avenue when he was first diagnosed in 2010, but that after her Rottweiler became skin and bones at 64 pounds a few months later she knew she had to do something to save her four-legged friend.

After some research, the woman - who the article doesn't name or go into much detail other than to note she's not a recreational cannabis user - found a recipe that mixed buds and leaves with coconut oil. She began giving it to her pooch, Sampson, who began a quick turnaround that kept him around for two more years.

While we here at Toke are all for alternative healing options for our pets, it should be noted that getting your dog stoned just to get it stoned is still not cool. Kramer agrees, noting that cannabis toxicity in animals is a very real thing vets see very often. Though the pets don't die from cannabis consumption, they can get very sick - not unlike your friend Brian who ate too many brownies at that one Halloween party.

As I pointed out in my weekly Denver Westword column, Ask a Stoner a few weeks ago: Your dog doesn't want to get high at all. What you're saying is you love to get your dog stoned, and you need to stop. Getting your dog (or cat for you lonely folks) high is the animal equivalent of giving a few puffs to a three- or four-year-old child with their already very narrow and limited understanding of the world around them.

Your dog or cat really only wants your attention and would enjoy a walk around the block or a hike around a lake a whole helluva lot more. Well, maybe not the cat. They probably would just rather you got a laser pointer and went to town with it on your living room carpet.

Source: http://www.tokeofthetown.com/2013/0...inary_medical_marij.php#.US7IFMV1-l0.facebook

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
article said:
Kramer agrees, noting that cannabis toxicity in animals is a very real thing vets see very often. Though the pets don't die from cannabis consumption, they can get very sick - not unlike your friend Brian who ate too many brownies at that one Halloween party.
All that good stuff and then they have to throw the above in. *sigh*

I'd like to see their definition of 'very sick'. The friend Brian is sick because of the brownies and passed out because of the cannabis. Get real.

I've yet to see an animal/mammal get 'sick' off of ingesting plain cannabis oil. Nearly comatose and completely relaxed for a day... yes. But Sick, by any definition of the word? Never.

The_Protege

(Edit: Me personally? Just used it to make skin cancers go away. Was treating someone for lung cancer and seeing amazing improvements with diet and beginning doses of oil... they (really) wanted to die though so they stopped, went home and died about a week later. Very sad. What I saw, combined with my research the past few years.... doesn't leave a doubt in my mind about the effectiveness.)

The most amazing results found have been with high CBD oil. High THC seems to stop tumor growth but it seems to be the CBD that's the main ingredient for 'shrinking' tumors and getting them to disappear.

Your friend also needs to look into the foods they're eating that FEED cancer... creating an acidic environment with low oxygen for them to thrive.

Some of these cancer feeding foods are Sugar, Hydrogenated oils, Milk, Red Meat, Pork and Corn Syrup... A big plus for your system would be choosing your foods by blood type and keeping a good 70-80% of it alkaline fruits and veggies. (Look up acidic/alkaline food list). The gerson therapy uses the foods they need to be eating... just not differentiated by blood type.

When a cell cannot get enough oxygen to live it starts breaking down sugars for oxygen. It's the last resort of the cell to stay alive. "Doctors" call these cells 'cancerous'.

Cancer cells cannot 'thrive' in an environment that's highly oxygenated and alkaline... they grow very slowly if at all. (They're rather burn oxygen if they could, remember?) Combine that with massive amounts of THC and CBD in RS oil and you have a very deadly cocktail for cancer. Not only does it block cancer from gaining new nutrients, the CBD/THC combination usually changes a lot of the cancerous cells back to normal.

I'm betting that when the chips all fall out... the people not being cured by RSO either didn't have enough oil, not enough CBD in the oil, didn't treat it properly or never changed their diet or other contributing factors to the cancer.

Bottom line... clean up their diet, dose the cancer with high cbd oil and see how that works first. Sometimes the cancer is so aggressive you don't have time... sometimes the patient isn't receptive in time. When there's time... go cannabis and diet first.

When the truth is universal... there will be a lot less suffering in this world.

Only when people realize that it takes 20 parts alkaline to neutralize 1 part acidity can they make a measurable difference.

What exactly does it take? Radical lifestyle change!

No eating of any processed food.
Close to 100% raw food
Alkaline water
Alkaline juices (concentrates)

Its the same with the cannabis treatment. You can have 1 part/dose processed hash oil and get pretty baked ("sick") or have a up to 60 times that dose unprocessed as a juice.

60 times the dose!!! Without getting baked at all...

I would be doing it ALL

G

Guest 26753

Juicing cannabis is indeed a terrific way to medicate pets. They will be quite sedated but as 99% of the THC is un-decarboxylated, the high would be minimal. But, I do have advice from Manuel Guzman that when treating skin cancers, use a high THC decarboxylated cannabis oil.

I think Dr Kramer using the word "sick" was quite apt and fits snugly into this definition.

sick
/sik/
Adjective
Affected by physical or mental illness: "we were sick with bronchitis"; "visiting the sick and the elderly".
Noun
Vomit.
Verb
Bring something up by vomiting.
Synonyms
adjective. ill - diseased - unwell - sickly - ailing - morbid
noun. vomit
verb. hound

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I think Dr Kramer using the word "sick" was quite apt and fits snugly into this definition.

sick
/sik/
Adjective
Affected by physical or mental illness: "we were sick with bronchitis"; "visiting the sick and the elderly".
Noun
Vomit.
Verb
Bring something up by vomiting.
Synonyms
adjective. ill - diseased - unwell - sickly - ailing - morbid
noun. vomit
verb. hound

What cannabis oil are you using? I've never had a dog or person 'vomit' from ingesting large amounts of cannabis oil. EVER. The size of my dog and their inability to process cannabis would put the size resin ball they ate at almost a racquet ball sized ball of resin for a person. No issues whatsoever and that's decarbed resin and ash.

Contaminated bud? Yeah, the dog puked in 10 minutes, after eating a joints worth of some bud I suspect had been sprayed with something. Crap gave me a headache after 2 hits and made me feel funny. Never clean cannabis or cannabis oil though.

So, no... I'd have to say "sick" is not appropriate in any way.

JRace

I have seen my friends get sick from cupcakes we were eating, i have had some people get sick when taking too many of my caps, and i had to rush my parents dog to the vet after she got into our cookies. She was vomiting, very weak could barely keep her eyes open.

I would like to know the best way to help my Shepard with his arthritis as the current meds turn his stomach.

Latest posts

Latest posts