What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

How To Renew Your Application With ACMPR.

Buddha1

Veteran
I can't find any info on this subject...so I don't know if this has been "Asked and/orAnswered".

How does a current member of the ACMPR program apply for a renewal?

There are no changes to the excisting/present license...all plant count, daily gram limit, production site and storage site...etc., will all remain the exact same.
Is there a short form as there was with the MMAR program or do we have to fill out the same long form as we did when first applied for/with the ACMPR program.

Thanks to all in advance.

Peace...B

Highcountry

I renewed a few months ago. You fill out the same form as the application. Just check off the renewal box. Only took 5 weeks to get my renewal back FYI.

Buddha1

Veteran
I renewed a few months ago. You fill out the same form as the application. Just check off the renewal box. Only took 5 weeks to get my renewal back FYI.

●Did HC post date your new license to the expiration of your old license to allow for a full and complete year of growing with the renewed license.

Or

●Did HC allow your doctor to post date on the medical document, so the new license takes effect the same day the old one expires??...Giving the applicant a full year of growing with the renewal.

Or

●Is your new license dated to the doctors signature again?...which lessen the grow time to under a year once more?

Apologies...just trying to get it all straight in my head. I'm expecting for you to say it's same as the first application. The new lcense is dated to the docs signature and the medical document is dated for the day the doctors visit...which causes an overlap and pushes the expiration date back, causing a loss in the one year of grow time.

Peace...B

Last edited:

Highcountry

My personal production licence expires one year from when the doctor signed. So that gives me a little under a year of legal growing till I have to renew again. Hope that answers your question.

B

bench warmer

I had my MMAR Personal Production License which expired AFTER the MMPR began.

Has anything changed federally that would make my PPL invalid now?

Buddha1

Veteran
I had my MMAR Personal Production License which expired AFTER the MMPR began.

Has anything changed federally that would make my PPL invalid now?

Not to be a dick...But, let's try and stay on topic...which is ACMPR renewals process.

It would be best if you started another thread that would benifit everyone with similar questions...instead of the answers getting buried in a thread that is about another topic entirely and there for lost to anyone that might be needing them.

That being said...If u are/were covered by the Allard injunction, nothing has changed or will change until ordered by the courts.

It would be in your best interest to become a member of the ACMPR program. It would benifit u much better than the injunction or grandfathering you are under now.
ACMPR allows for moving your grow to another location, it allows you to up your limits and it allows you to assign a Designated Grower(DG) if needed...All things not permitted under the grandfathering or Allard Injunction.
Also...when the Allard injunction is ended by the courts and there is no doubt it will be someday....you would not need to stress because you will be protected by the new program.

IMHO...The only reason to stay under the unbrella of the Allard Injunction is because you've lost your doctor and can't find another that will sign the medical document. If this is your situation PM me I'll give you the name and number of a service that could help out.

Peace...B

Buddha1

Veteran
Thanks! Sorry for my off topic post.

No worries...just seen lots of threads change direction from just a single off topic post and I really wanted to know what to expect from the renewal process.

But it sounds like it is as I expected...

Every time a patient renews, they're stepping backwards with their grow time...because the license is geared to the doctors signature date.
You need to send a renewal in about 8 weeks before your current license expires...then the new license is dated to expire 8 weeks earlier than the previous license.
Soooo...a licensee is perpetually moving backwards at 8 week increments...this really doesn't effect the process of growing, the licensee will always be legally covered by the previous license.

The only time it was/will be realitive is when a patient first apply and since the license ONLY has an expiration date and NOT a start date. Creating a huge GREY area...allowing a licensee to start growing as soon as the doc signs...this makes the loss of grow time when first applying...moot.
So realistically a licensee is only loosing the 8 weeks at renewal...which is also moot, since the previous license covers until the renewal arrives.

It's kind of a cheat...but not worth the time and effort it would take to correct. I guess the government needed to feel they got one up on us...lol.
Besides...if the day comes I'm not growing...I can pretty much garrentee I'll be dead and those lost perpetual 8 weeks really won't matter much anymore...lol... :tiphat:

I would like to thank "Highcountry" for his/her contributions...without which this sinerio wouldn't have been possible...thank you, brother or sister.

Peace...B

zizration

does anybody know what is the max plant count available for 1 person under the new system? can people get the same plant numbers as under allard injunction?

Buddha1

Veteran
does anybody know what is the max plant count available for 1 person under the new system? can people get the same plant numbers as under allard injunction?

There are NO maximum limit imposed by the government(Health Canada) in the ACMPR regulations.

HC has totally made Doctors responsible or the gate keepers of the ACMPR program. HC has a suggested maximum daily limit of 3-5 grams per day(1 gram=5 plants), but a doctor can prescribe as much or as little for their patients as is necessary, without any interference from Health Canada. Health Canada has NO recourse or control over prescribed amounts a physician prescribes for their patients and cannot under any circumstance legally dispute the amount or daily grams a doctor prescibed for his/her patients.

A doctor can prescibed 250 grams a day or more for a patient, if they feel its needed or warranted and there's nothing HC can do to stop or force changes. If a doctor says..."Health Canada will only allow for a prescription of this amount or that amount"...they are lying and using it as an excuse to NOT prescribe certain amounts because they don't want to allow them personally.

IMO...A Doctors only control comes from the "College of Physicians" with liability and possible law suites from prescibing a untested drug such as Marijuana.

Short answer...A Physician/Doctor can prescibed any amount they warrant nessary for a patients, well being, condiction or situation(no matter how large or how small)...PERIOD!!

Hope this helps.
Peace...B

stonedfly

Could someone potentially move a grow in say, week 2-3 of flower to a new spot and still be covered ? What about transporting 49 plants ?