Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Medicinal Effects of Strains

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Zamnesia
Medicinal Effects of Strains Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-03-2004, 07:17 PM #1
DrJay2001
now at peace

DrJay2001 will become famous soon enough
Smile Medicinal Effects of Strains

A number of folks have suggested we start a "sticky" thread (one that stays on top) that details our experience with various strains we've grown or tried and how the cannabis assisted in helping us with a wide variety of medical conditions. I guess I'll ask the Admins how to create a sticky but in the meantime we can get started!

I'll start the first report with BOG's Lifesaver. BOG calls this his "medical" stain and most who have tried it heartily agree.

Lifesaver is a hearty plant with good yield and a fast flowering time of 40-50 days. Often described as an Indica dominant "couchlock" strain, I find Lifesaver to be relaxing but not paralyzing like some stronger Indicas such as Black Domina or Snowbud. Our Lifesaver had a "Sativa" pheno and was very special. With trifolate leaves the Jacks Cleaner (a Haze) comes through producing a very balanced smoke.

Here's Lifesaver during veg:

We have been amazed at how fast Lifesaver finished. We've harvested from 38 days to 45 days. It all depends on the growing conditions. Flowers appear quickly along with resin. Here's a shot of Lifesaver during flowering:

Our yield wasn't great but every bud is quality:

We dry our Lifesaver hanging in the dark with a fan for 5 days then in a kief drawer for a couple of days then for 2-4 weeks in mason jars opened once each day.

I believe Lifesaver is best used as fresh as possible (within the first 4-6 weeks). This is when the cannabidiol (CBD) is highest. CBD and Lifesaver have powerful anti-inflammatory effects, and Lifesaver is superb for muscle relaxation and back pain.

Lifesaver isn't overpowering like Train Wreck but is strong enough. As you can see there is tons of crystal on this fine medical strain.

The taste is of grape candy! This is a delicious smooth smoke. One toke calls for two etc. It's easy to knock out a bowl of this strain and be medicated before you know it. While relaxing I also found our pheno of Lifesaver to have some antidepressant qualities providing a lift you wouldn't expect from an Indica.

We took our Lifesaver up to Humboldt where it is now being cultivated by a major medical caregiver. We hope to see it in dispensaries soon.

I give Lifesaver a 9 on a 1-10 as an overall grade considering ease of growth, speed of flowering, taste, and potency.

Yours,
Dr. jay

https://www.letfreedomgrow.com
DrJay2001 is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-04-2004, 12:37 AM #2
Rifstonian

Rifstonian is on a distinguished road
Thank you SO much Dr. Jay, not only for this great report and the great education you are giving everybody but also for getting this strain to a grower!!! I've been salivatiing for this and BOG's LSD for some time. After having just tried the remedy diesel I want the lifesaver x with a diesel badly!!!!

thanks again.
Rifstonian is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2004, 10:44 AM #3
homegrownsweets

homegrownsweets is on a distinguished road
Very nice Report Dr Jay, I really enjoyed Bogs Lsd but havent tried any Lifesaver yet. Reading this report make me want to get a pack.
homegrownsweets is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2004, 11:07 AM #4
zeppelindood
Captain Expando

zeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to behold
Post KAL X

medical tilt: the flavor of the kal x is very light, a slight pine/hash taste with almost no expansion. the high is very laid back, sleep inducing, stops nausea in its tracks and causes munchies in a large way.

grower tilt: germinated 3 beans producing 3 kal x ladies (3 seperate phenos). flower time ran 9 weeks (59-70 days), however, the hash plant pheno had to be cut at day 59 due to forming banana clusters. yield totaled 3 ounces for the afghan pheno, 2 ounces for the mixed pheno and 1.5 ounces for the hash plant pheno.

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us."

Last edited by zeppelindood; 07-08-2004 at 08:27 AM..
zeppelindood is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2004, 12:46 PM #5
THC4SIM
It's all good

THC4SIM is a jewel in the roughTHC4SIM is a jewel in the roughTHC4SIM is a jewel in the roughTHC4SIM is a jewel in the roughTHC4SIM is a jewel in the roughTHC4SIM is a jewel in the roughTHC4SIM is a jewel in the rough
NiceOne DrJay, very good idea this thread
very helpfull, i think im gunna have to do some Lifesaver next...

THC4SIM

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:37 PM #6
Morganic
Organic Connoisseur

Morganic is on a distinguished road
Nice one Doc, cheers Im 2weeks into flowering my LS's and buds are forming already. Cant wait!!

Old 07-05-2004, 06:41 PM #7
DrJay2001
now at peace

Nice Zepplinhood! Especially that last bud shot. So, what is KAL? it kind of looks Afghani. Where can you get seeds or clones?

That's great that the KAL helps stop nausea and helps appetite and sleep. How does it do for pain? Is it fruity?

Thanx for the report!

Yours,
Dr. jay

Old 07-05-2004, 11:45 PM #8
DrJay2001
now at peace

Exclamation Train Wreck

Of all the strains called "medical" there is, in my mind, no better nor stronger strain than Train Wreck.

Train Wreck is an old hybrid (1970's) from Humbodlt of lowland Thai, Mexican Sativa, and a very solid and potent Afghani.

Train Wreck (TW) is particularly good for the treatment of migraine, pain, and nausea.

While TW is thought to be a Sativa dominant (and looks like it) it's actually got quite a bit of Afghan in it making this an extremely potent hybrid. I'm guessing our TW is probably a 65/35 Sativa/Indica.

There are a few true TW seeds around but don't expect to find them. If you did you'd be real surprised that this 42 flower strain from clone is 9 months when grown from seed. This is because in Train Wreck the gene that controls flowering is time from germination.

Here's a Wreck in veg.

You can see that Wreck is almost vine like with fine Sativa like leaves. Resin production begins almost immediately in flower and can cover the entire plant in frost.

One of the striking things about Wreck is the color. It's not really green at all. Here's some of my popcorn nuggies taken from a small plant at day 42.

Train Wreck is an excellent strain for SCROG. Here's some Humboldt Wreck harvested at 42 days following an indoor Odro grow.

Some caution about Train Wreck....This strain is a creeper, especially when fresh. You take one toke and it takes a good 5 minutes before you find yourself toasted. Some make the mistake of toking while they're waiting for that first toke and find themselves truly stoned. Heck, my wife smoked Wreck by mistake and got lost in the pool :-)

Cured for 3-4 weeks, TW loses some of the "creeper" quality and becomes rock hard nuggies that are stronger than most hash.

Finally, the taste is of a mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon gasoline.

Yours,
Dr. Jay

Old 07-05-2004, 11:46 PM #9
zeppelindood
Captain Expando

zeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to beholdzeppelindood is a splendid one to behold
AVAILABILITY

"Look, the people you are after are the people you depend on. We cook your meals, we haul your trash, we connect your calls, we drive your ambulances. We guard you while you sleep. Do not... fuck with us."

Last edited by zeppelindood; 07-08-2004 at 08:28 AM..
zeppelindood is offline Quote

Old 07-05-2004, 11:50 PM #10
DrJay2001
now at peace

"Finally, the taste is of a mentholated dead whale dipped in lemon gasoline."

LOL, no I never said TW was fruity. If you like fruity go for Lifesaver, Cali-O, or Blueberry.

No, Wreck is like the original Diesel with a strong wiff of menthol and a hint of lemons. TW is one of the few strains you can identify by taste alone.

Yours,
Dr. Jay