Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Functional Cannabis Strains

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Dark Heart Nursery
Functional Cannabis Strains Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-23-2017, 06:28 AM #41
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Nice, thanks for sharing that.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 07-23-2017, 07:02 AM #42
aridbud
automeister

aridbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant futurearidbud has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
I have had cannatonic and harlquin. Both have zero high whatsoever. Totally useless for me. My wife has fibromyalgia and a back injury so I was eager to see how it helped her. It pissed her off is what it did. No matter how much she smoked zero effect.

I am glad cbd helps people but it's useless to us. Good old potent indica helps her medical issues and relaxes the body and mind. We will stick to thc.
You need some ooomph (thc) in the hybrid, hence we are syncopatica together in the hybrids we've developed helping both pain and offering clarity.
John Harrigan
Instant gratification takes too long.
Carrie Fisher - RIP.
afterthought autos
We are passionate breeders of unique quality cannabis autoflower hybrid seeds at down to earth prices; now 11 years running!

https://www.icmag.com/ic/forumdisplay.php?f=65770
aridbud is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-23-2017, 06:52 PM #43
Muleskinner

Muleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Appreciate the suggestion. Did there happen to be any with a clear focus, zero high? After being super functional with Canna-Tsu, even the clear highs are annoying. Literally, the more Ctsu I use, the less desire I have for anything which impacts my functionality.
Yes. I ended up with 3 Cannatonic females, one felt like pure THC sativa high, one felt like a mix of THC and CBD, and one was covered in dense crystals but gave almost no high. I have to assume that was the high CBD/low THC pheno. As I mentioned above, a friend of mine said he did get massively high from the CBD one that did not affect me.

The most effective pain relief for me was the high THC/high CBD, it was a sativa/energetic feeling too. I made seeds of all 3 for more experimentation, haven't had a chance to run them. I grew Hurkle in the meantime, which is great for pain but more of a heavy indica.

Old 07-24-2017, 10:45 AM #44
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
I find it very curious different folks have different reactions to CBD. I'm wondering if anyone would get high from this cut of Canna-Tsu I have here.

Time will tell. Once I get growing here in S. Nevada I'll be able to share it with more people. Nobody in Colorado noticed any inebriation. Small sample though, only about a dozen people.

Muleskinner, please be sure to share how those seeds turn out. Sounds promising.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:05 AM #45
Californee

Californee will become famous soon enoughCalifornee will become famous soon enough
Doug,

Idk if can a tau is a seed strain with different pheno or what. If it is the cut needs its own signifier. Also the idea of selfing it is a good idea try to isolate those one pheno with specific functional qualities and spread the medicine around.
Californee is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2017, 01:44 AM #46
OG Expressions
Banned

OG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Know a strain that helps you medically without getting you high or stoned? Please post how it works for you. Please include as much information as you can safely give. Thank you.

STRAIN
Canna-Tsu
Cross of Cannatonic and Sour Tsunami
The specific cut I have does not inebriate, at least not that I'm able to tell. Personally, I've not been able to feel even a tiny buzz, regardless of how much I use.

MEDICAL USES

It works very well for a variety of issues. Excellent for controlling moods and anxiety, inflammation and pain. Muscle relaxant.

SIDE EFFECTS
Increased memory. Increased focus and brain function. (Seriously)

This strain may not be perfect for me, however it's definitely the best fit I've come across so far. I spent a year using her almost exclusively and I've never performed as well as a human. It's now been a year since I've been able to grow her out and I miss the functionality.

I've used cannabis, nearly daily, for 30+ years and that was the most amazing experience. A lot like cruising freeways at 80mph forever and suddenly having a windshield for a short while. I'm back to using cannabis which knocks me around and it's a downer.

Who knows of another strain which is 'functional,' and please, what does it do for you?

Thank you
I use og kush medically but i like getting high while i medicate. If you dont want to get high try cbd strains. Cannatonic has worked for me, theres lots of cbd strains. You can get them tested or test them the old fashioned way smoking the phenos
OG Expressions is offline Quote

Old 07-25-2017, 01:46 AM #47
OG Expressions
Banned

OG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura aboutOG Expressions has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Yes. I ended up with 3 Cannatonic females, one felt like pure THC sativa high, one felt like a mix of THC and CBD, and one was covered in dense crystals but gave almost no high. I have to assume that was the high CBD/low THC pheno. As I mentioned above, a friend of mine said he did get massively high from the CBD one that did not affect me.

The most effective pain relief for me was the high THC/high CBD, it was a sativa/energetic feeling too. I made seeds of all 3 for more experimentation, haven't had a chance to run them. I grew Hurkle in the meantime, which is great for pain but more of a heavy indica.
CBD phenos are often no high but that one could be a 1:1 pheno which was to weak to get you done but enough to roast the buddy

Old 07-25-2017, 04:40 PM #48
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californee View Post
Doug,

Idk if can a tau is a seed strain with different pheno or what. If it is the cut needs its own signifier. Also the idea of selfing it is a good idea try to isolate those one pheno with specific functional qualities and spread the medicine around.
It's a clone only cut, with these specific properties. Any suggestions on a signifier? The seed line has other variations( I'll update the op). Selfing and stabilizing is indeed a long term goal of mine.

Old 07-25-2017, 04:49 PM #49
Douglas.Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by OG Expressions View Post
I use og kush medically but i like getting high while i medicate. If you dont want to get high try cbd strains. Cannatonic has worked for me, theres lots of cbd strains. You can get them tested or test them the old fashioned way smoking the phenos
I'm glad kush's work for you. Personally they disrupt my ability to think clearly. I also have issues with seizures and have been advised to stay away from the terpene homulene found in most Kush genetics.

Thank you for your input.

Old 07-25-2017, 07:38 PM #50
OG Expressions
Banned

Quote:
I'm glad kush's work for you. Personally they disrupt my ability to think clearly. I also have issues with seizures and have been advised to stay away from the terpene homulene found in most Kush genetics.

Thank you for your input.
I know for most people og kush has a potent high. I dont really get high off anything except dabs with terps added right now.

Though i have smoked my ogs with several people who have epilepsy and not one time has it ever triggered a siesure. Also, OG hybrids vary. Some are high in limonene and pinene accounting for the lemon and pinesol smell (i love that smell) so maybe one that leans to that end might not have the same "advertised risks"

Try some camnatonic in a 10 pack of fems i would be shocked to death if you didnt find a nice no high, cbd pheno.
Ive been looking at a few 1:1, one being a cannatonic cross, called cancers nightmare from sin city. Everything from that line has been very good.