Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Functional Cannabis Strains

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Twilight Labs
Functional Cannabis Strains Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-21-2017, 09:34 AM #21
Californee

Californee will become famous soon enoughCalifornee will become famous soon enough
Douglas the popular socal cut of Dutch treat is clearer than harlequin. Its the most functionable strain I've tried in the last decade. It did not improve my cognitive function though and not as anxiety reducing as harlequin.
Californee is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2017, 10:08 AM #22
Californee

Californee will become famous soon enoughCalifornee will become famous soon enough
So basically you are looking for a strain with the focus of aderall and the anxiety reduction of benzodiazepines?

Old 07-21-2017, 11:15 AM #23
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californee View Post
So basically you are looking for a strain with the focus of aderall and the anxiety reduction of benzodiazepines?
Yes, the anxiety reduction of harlequin and the focus of a strong cup of coffee, without the edge. Meth is a bit more focus than is functional for me. Valium is a bit too much "don't care, can't make me," for me as well. lol

All this talk about CTsu is making me wish I currently had her growing. lol
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:33 AM #24
Californee

I have never really experienced all those components in one single strain but I know it's possible.

It would be a hybrid that's for sure. That type of anxiety relief comes from indicas and cbd strains while the focus from specific sativa types.

The closest all in one I've tried was a pheno of sage. Although it lacked the focus of the apollo 11 I tried.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:55 PM #25
Junk

Junk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californee View Post
Then there are actual strains that increase cognitive function which is a whole different ball park. I would bet most people never tried these strains so they don't have a frame of reference.
Can you think of any names? I'd love to try some as cognition problems is one of the things I suffer from. I have Chronic Fatigue, and a lot of times you are just so tired, you can't think. I'll get lost going to a place that I know well. Not momentarily misplaced, lost. But my problem is a literal lack of energy production. For years CFS has been sort of a mystery. Now they know the genetic mutations that can cause it, and I have them. And it causes an enzyme responsible for energy production to be retarded, thus the cycle of energy production/storage doesn't work correctly. There is nothing left in the tank, and it's usually insurmountable. I'd be curious to see if a strain can help with that.

When I said I've yet to find a Kush that doesn't treat me right, they are mostly hybrids. Never had the pleasure of OG Kush.

For me, it's about pain relief, motivation, feeling less tired, stopping my seizures/spasms, and nausea relief. I use different strains throughout the day to tackle those. Somedays, it's hopeless, I will not have a single functional hour. Those days, I don't mind the inebriating strains. It helps me pass the time until I can go to sleep and try again the next day. But other than that, strains like SSH, or GG4 (from what I hear), I don't really have a use for them, bc I don't get anything done. Ssh, my mind is doing 1,000,000 mph. My body goes nowhere. That's the opposite of what I need.

Harlequin sounds like a champ. I had it in my old mom tent which I lost to bugs. Someone gave it to me bc it was good for pain. But I never got to flower it, nor can I remember (or find in pm/email) who gave it to me : (
Junk is offline Quote

Old 07-21-2017, 11:53 PM #26
Californee

Junk,

That pheno of the old apollo 11 is the only one I know for sure.

Other than that it would require a pheno hunt. I've read reports on pheno within current seed offerings that reportedly offer pheno is something with that type of effect. I can list them but I have nonexpwrience with them so you would have to do your own research.

The pine pheno of chimera Hawaiian spice.

X18

A pheno of chimeras lulablox

Apollo 11

Apollo haze.

Congo by ace seeds

Old 07-22-2017, 12:00 AM #27
Californee

Apparently the pine pheno of Hawaiian spice is rare. The pheno is called focus weed. If you want it let chimera the breeder know because if he feels a demand he might do further work to isolate it more so it becomes more accessible.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:32 AM #28
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junk View Post
For me, it's about pain relief, motivation, feeling less tired, stopping my seizures/spasms, and nausea relief.
The only thing this cut of Canna-Tsu is missing, from what you're looking for, might be the energy. She's not sleepy, but also not energetic like C-99. You can use Canna-Tsu all day and not get tired.

Perhaps someone should look into stabilizing this cut and crossing it with a super up-beat stabilization of C-99?
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-22-2017, 02:39 AM #29
Junk

Junk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to allJunk is a name known to all
C-99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
The only thing this cut of Canna-Tsu is missing, from what you're looking for, might be the energy. She's not sleepy, but also not energetic like C-99. You can use Canna-Tsu all day and not get tired.

Perhaps someone should look into stabilizing this cut and crossing it with a super up-beat stabilization of C-99?
The C-99 sounds amazing by itself, I'll look for it.

High Cbd also tends to make me feel groggy, almost like a car sick feeling.
Junk is offline Quote

Old 07-22-2017, 04:07 AM #30
Californee

Junk,

Ive tried a number of high cbd strains and they were all pretty different in effect. So I don't think it just the cbd that produces the groggyness.

Doug,

So what's the back story on this cut of canatsu?