Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Functional Cannabis Strains

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts!
Functional Cannabis Strains Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 PM #1
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Functional Cannabis Strains

Know a strain that helps you medically without getting you high or stoned? Please post how it works for you. Please include as much information as you can safely give. Thank you.

STRAIN
Canna-Tsu
Cross of Cannatonic and Sour Tsunami
Available in a few places in seed form. Originally from Davillian from Elite Genetics. The seed line has variations.
The specific clone only cut I have does not inebriate, at least not that I'm able to tell. Personally, I've not been able to feel even a tiny buzz, regardless of how much I use. Have been told it's been tested at 20% CBD, 9%THC.

MEDICAL USES

It works very well for a variety of issues. Excellent for controlling moods and anxiety, inflammation and pain. Muscle relaxant.

SIDE EFFECTS
Increased memory. Increased focus and brain function. (Seriously)

This strain may not be perfect for me, however it's definitely the best fit I've come across so far. I spent a year using her almost exclusively and I've never performed as well as a human. It's now been a year since I've been able to grow her out and I miss the functionality.

I've used cannabis, nearly daily, for 30+ years and that was the most amazing experience. A lot like cruising freeways at 80mph forever and suddenly having a windshield for a short while. I'm back to using cannabis which knocks me around and it's a downer.

Who knows of another strain which is 'functional,' and please, what does it do for you?

Thank you

Last edited by Douglas.Curtis; 07-25-2017 at 03:44 PM.. Reason: updating description and info on testing
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:04 AM #2
Californee

Californee will become famous soon enoughCalifornee will become famous soon enough
Wow that sounds amazing
Californee is offline Quote

Old 07-20-2017, 08:17 AM #3
Californee

Californee will become famous soon enoughCalifornee will become famous soon enough
Their is reportedly a pheno of chimeras hawian spice that has been called focus weed.

But I have also found those qualities in genius pheno of apollo 11.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:20 AM #4
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Interesting. Was a high or stone associated with those?

I definitely get more focus with this cut of Canna-Tsu. The kind of focus you need to explain a complicated subject to someone not so bright, with multiple side tangents, and never losing your train of thought. Very functional.

Almost like cheating when used before sports.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:34 AM #5
Californee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
Interesting. Was a high or stone associated with those?

I definitely get more focus with this cut of Canna-Tsu. The kind of focus you need to explain a complicated subject to someone not so bright, with multiple side tangents, and never losing your train of thought. Very functional.

Almost like cheating when used before sports.
That's what I have been seeking!!

Is this a common cut or one off pheno from seed you are referencing.

With the apollo 11 I felt smarter and I was definately high. It would not hinder studying or math with the pheno I tried cut at that flowering time.

Old 07-20-2017, 09:42 AM #6
Californee

The apollo 11 was a high and it tapered off smoothly it was slightly energy enhancing but no anxiety or paranoia.

I've tried other strains that were definately more insightful but I would tend to get lost in tangents myself much less explain them.

That can a tsu seems near perfect from the way you describe it.

Old 07-20-2017, 06:26 PM #7
Douglas.Curtis

She's definitely an improvement. I ran Harlequin for a bit, first experience with high CBD strains. She has a back end buzz I don't like and much less focus. Great for pain and staying functional, I have to say.

Would love to make some S1s of the Canna-Tsu and look for something even better, possibly stabilize it over a few years. Dreams of the future though, can't even grow where I'm at now. lol

Old 07-20-2017, 11:12 PM #8
Muleskinner

Muleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really niceMuleskinner is just really nice
Cinderalla99 is definitely my favorite daytime/work weed, for its energetic & happy sativa high.

Cannatonic is another good daytime one, but CBD tends to make me groggy. Sativas are what you want for focusing/thinking/energy IMO.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:26 PM #9
redlaser

redlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud ofredlaser has much to be proud of
Agreed on the C99 Muleskinner, waiting on my next round to finish.
redlaser is online now Quote

Old 07-20-2017, 11:30 PM #10
Californee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muleskinner View Post
Cinderalla99 is definitely my favorite daytime/work weed, for its energetic & happy sativa high.

Cannatonic is another good daytime one, but CBD tends to make me groggy. Sativas are what you want for focusing/thinking/energy IMO.
I am not sure if you have tried pure sativa and that is your reference for your sativas is what he wants statement. What you do reference in your post is a hybrid though.

Most hybrid sativa types I have tried would not fit the description of the profile he is looking for as I understand it.

It might be more prevalent in pure sativa but I don't have much experience there.

In the world of hybrids I think it is going to be more strain and even pheno dependent with other variables including harvest time and time cured. Blanket statements of sativa this or that applied to hybrids tends to confuse matters because they are not sativa they are hybrids