Growing cannabis Indoor Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2017, 11:54 AM #1
aks170184

aks170184 is on a distinguished road
Growing cannabis Indoor

Hi,

I am considering to purchase this equipment to grow cannabis indoor:

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/i...oor-medicine#/

let me know if anyone knows about it or worth trying it.

Thanks
aks170184 is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2017, 02:22 PM #2
OldPhart

OldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really niceOldPhart is just really nice
In a word, 'no'.

If you want to spend $300 on a grow setup, you could do a lot better than a box with what I assume is 4, 10 w led strips, and a fan. The vertical hydro is sort of a neat idea, but not sure that it would work so well. Not sure what is processor controlled? I call BS on it.

PS, this does have me thinking though. At first I was like "why would you put a window in a grow box", then I started thinking about it; If done well, it could make a neat decoration. But I still wouldn't take it serious as a grow box, maybe a novelty.

Last edited by OldPhart; 07-18-2017 at 03:10 PM.. Reason: PS
OldPhart is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-18-2017, 04:03 PM #3
ratchy

ratchy will become famous soon enoughratchy will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldPhart View Post
In a word, 'no'.

If you want to spend $300 on a grow setup, you could do a lot better than a box with what I assume is 4, 10 w led strips, and a fan. The vertical hydro is sort of a neat idea, but not sure that it would work so well. Not sure what is processor controlled? I call BS on it.

PS, this does have me thinking though. At first I was like "why would you put a window in a grow box", then I started thinking about it; If done well, it could make a neat decoration. But I still wouldn't take it serious as a grow box, maybe a novelty.
wot he sed
ratchy is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2017, 05:12 PM #4
aks170184

aks170184 is on a distinguished road
I checked with the owner of the product and they say that it has got deodoriser and tested with cannabies. I liked the concept of deodoriser, it keeps my neighbours from complaining. I will go ahead and try once
aks170184 is offline Quote

Old 07-18-2017, 05:18 PM #5
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Great for herbs and probably veggies. Pretty much a toy for cannabis. The setup is all wrong for anything serious with cannabis.

Pass
Douglas.Curtis is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:34 PM #6
stoney917
i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD

Location: sPeCial EdUcAtIoN tRaiLoR behind the school with the rest of the window lickers
stoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant futurestoney917 has a brilliant future
No, its a joke of a product. Just terrible concept in general , the window was cracking me up... Looks cool though... Gonna have to cover it... If ya do get it...
Answer these ?s before buying anything
1. How much you want to grow,
2.How much space you have available
3.budget

A simple closet grow would smash all over that thing..

Also I would not be as confident in the deodorizer if odor can cause problems, I wouldn't trust it if I was in Texas.. Carbon all day..

Old 07-26-2017, 08:20 PM #7
Phaeton
Speed of Dark

Phaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of lightPhaeton is a glorious beacon of light
Wink

Hello, I am visiting from the gardening section. I am a commercial grower so have a bias.
But then again, I do enthusiastically smoke my product.

Fifty watts will cover about half a square foot (six inches by twelve inches), the minimum acceptable for the garden is 85 watts per square foot, usually it runs closer to 100 watts.

I smoke a lot, around two ounces per month in extracts, straight bud runs closer to one ounce per month. Regardless, fifty watts will not grow either amount.
The box pictured would be hard pressed to deliver a half ounce of trimmed bud. And that would take what? Seventy days with an autoflower, just over two months? For under 1/2 ounce?

Visit the growing section, there are mini gardens that will actually function and with a little effort can be automated. Some already are and just need copied.
This is definitely the site you want for information on home gardening.
Phaeton is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-26-2017, 09:39 PM #8
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
You mean maximum is 85-100wpsft, right?

My gardens run 55-65wpsqft with sativa dom hybrids.

Old 07-26-2017, 10:43 PM #9
Floridian

Floridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud ofFloridian has much to be proud of
I thought 50 watts/sq. ft was pretty adequate for a good flower room,never heard it quoted that high before.I have 3 1K's in my 8 by 8 flowerroom and find it to be a lot of light to grow good tall plants.Are you saying I should have closer to 6 1K's or has my math been shitty all these years?
Floridian is offline Quote

Old 07-27-2017, 07:51 AM #10
Douglas.Curtis

50 is minimum for full on indicas. 65 is about max without additional co2. You'll find general agreement around those figures.