Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Just a mom looking for advice

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Twilight Labs
Just a mom looking for advice Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2017, 06:47 AM #1
Cookie Hill

Cookie Hill is on a distinguished road
Question Just a mom looking for advice

A little bit about us. We live in Cali, and my son is 12. He is non verbal with autism, and as a new added bonus massive seizures. I was a part of this community a decade ago, a friend of Medjool, may she rest in peace. My ex and I were a part of her journey with her son. Oh the foreshadowing!!! Now I too am seeking the remedy to help my son. I've taken him to the Canna Dr. and he has a rec. I told UCSF that he refused their pills and that I want to try this. They are open to it, but I need to act fast before that changes.

The Dr.s of course want to start major medications that up to this point I have been able to ignore. But the seizure thing is life threatening, and I have to do something. My situation is unique even for the med community though, and so I come to you hoping for advice or creative genius. My son won't swallow meds, he can vomit at his own will anything he thinks tastes nasty. You cannot hide anything in his foods, he has spidey senses and can taste it.

I have tried the Care by Design oils, and several edibles and he rejects them. The taste is to detectable. My friend just gave me some CBD isolate. It seems promising, but I cannot find any info- good or bad on it. I can't find any dosing info on it either.

I scoured the local collectives and most of their stuff all focuses on THC and everyone is suggesting to buy flower for my needs. There must be something out there that will work for us in another form. Are there any other picky patients out there? Any ideas of something I can buy already prepared, quality controlled, and readily available?

Any and all help would be so appreciated. Help me save my son's life.
Cookie Hill is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2017, 06:55 AM #2
Dawn Patrol
Relentlessly Taking Cuts

Dawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud of
When you can't get in the front door......https://merryjane.com/culture/what-y...-suppositories

See some of my girls

Gainesville Green - my first true love

Whats going on in my grow cab???
Dawn Patrol is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 06-23-2017, 06:59 AM #3
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant future
Well what about edibles?like chocolate or something.surely that's better than suppositories
shithawk420 is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2017, 06:59 AM #4
Cookie Hill

LOL! I wish that were possible, but he won't allow it. I even tried while he was sleeping, but he woke up and was pissed off.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:01 AM #5
Cookie Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by shithawk420 View Post
Well what about edibles?like chocolate or something.surely that's better than suppositories
I've tried chocolates, caramels, and rice crispy treats that I thought were pretty good. He did not go for it.

Old 06-23-2017, 07:06 AM #6
Dawn Patrol
Relentlessly Taking Cuts

Dawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud ofDawn Patrol has much to be proud of
Does he accept drinks readily? What about a tincture added to a soda or sports drink?

See some of my girls

Gainesville Green - my first true love

Whats going on in my grow cab???
Dawn Patrol is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2017, 07:13 AM #7
Cookie Hill

He only drinks water and occasionally fruit punch Gatorade. He tasted it in the Gatorade...

Old 06-23-2017, 08:29 AM #8
rolandomota

rolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of lightrolandomota is a glorious beacon of light
Capsule? Make him take it? How will he take other meds? Youl have the same problem. I would rather force my kid than have him go in to seizures. I dont know this is hard but definitely capsules for no taste. Vaporize? Second hand smoke? Wow this really is frustrating i can only imagine how you feel

Last edited by rolandomota; 06-23-2017 at 08:44 AM..
rolandomota is offline Quote

Old 06-23-2017, 08:33 AM #9
justanotherbozo
on the bus ride of life.

justanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud ofjustanotherbozo has much to be proud of
...have you tried lowering the dosage until he accepts it? ...minute amounts gradually increasing over time? ...to slowly habituate him to the taste?

...i'm no expert but everything i've read suggests that you want high CBD rather than high THC, something like Charlotte's Web which is a strain developed for a little girl with severe seizures, more than 300 per day if i remember right.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Char..._web_(cannabis)

...here is a link to Rick Simpson's site where you will find much more info specifically tailored to patients and medical use and i would strongly suggest you take a look. ...there you will find many testimonials as well as several how to videos. (for some reason the link isn't working for me so if it doesn't work for you do a search for 'Rick Simpspns oil')

phoenixtears.ca

...sorry for what your family is going through and i will put your son in my prayers.

peace, bozo

PS: also search on YouTube where you will find how to's for making small batchs. (it appears that YouTube is where he has a channel so that is the best place to go)

https://www.youtube.com/user/RickSimpsonOilCure

"Those that give up Liberty to have temporary Security deserve Neither"......Benjamin Franklin.

"The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those that speak it." ..... George Orwell
justanotherbozo is online now Quote

Old 06-23-2017, 08:43 AM #10
shithawk420

shithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant futureshithawk420 has a brilliant future
I gotta admit I'm stumped here.he won't eat it and he won't drink it.maybe bozo is right.I hope for the best.
shithawk420 is offline Quote