Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Medicinal Cannabis Forum > Cannabidiol reduces ethanol consumption, motivation and relapse in mice.

Thread Title Search
Buy Cannabis Seeds at Seed Boutique
Cannabidiol reduces ethanol consumption, motivation and relapse in mice. Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-02-2017, 03:42 PM #1
jaybodankly

jaybodankly will become famous soon enough
Cannabidiol reduces ethanol consumption, motivation and relapse in mice.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28194850

Abstract

This study evaluated the effects of cannabidiol (CBD) on ethanol reinforcement, motivation and relapse in C57BL/6 J mice. The effects of CBD (60 mg/kg, i.p.) on blood ethanol concentration, hypothermia and handling-induced convulsions associated to acute ethanol administration were evaluated. The two-bottle choice paradigm was performed to assess the effects of CBD (30, 60 and 120 mg/kg/day, i.p.) on ethanol intake and preference. In addition, an oral ethanol self-administration experiment was carried out to evaluate the effects of CBD [a single s.c. administration of a microparticle formulation providing CBD continuous controlled release (30 mg/kg/day)] on the reinforcement and motivation for ethanol. The effects of CBD (60 and 120 mg/kg/day, i.p.) on ethanol-induced relapse were also evaluated. Gene expression analyses of tyrosine hydroxylase in ventral tegmental area and μ-opioid (Oprm1), cannabinoid (CB1 r and CB2 r) and GPR55 receptors in nucleus accumbens (NAcc) were carried out by real-time polymerase chain reaction. Cannabidiol reduced the ethanol-induced hypothermia and handling-induced convulsion but failed to modify blood ethanol concentration. CBD reduced ethanol consumption and preference in the two-bottle choice, significantly decreased ethanol intake and the number of effective responses in the oral ethanol self-administration, and reduced ethanol-induced relapse. Furthermore, the administration of CBD significantly reduced relative gene expression of tyrosine hydroxylase in the ventral tegmental area, Oprm1, CB1 r and GPR55 in the NAcc and significantly increased CB2 r in the NAcc. Taken together, these results reveal that the administration of CBD reduced the reinforcing properties, motivation and relapse for ethanol. These findings strongly suggest that CBD may result useful for the treatment of alcohol use disorders.
jaybodankly is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-23-2017, 09:36 PM #2
prune

prune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really nice
Very interesting, I recently went into a heavy course of CBD capsules over a few months time and noticed that it sucked the fun out of everything in my bag'o'tricks.
First, my regular dabs became useless from an intoxicative view, then booze and finally even the occasional pain-killer. There was no fun at all in Mudville.

Eventually I was bored out of a medicative regime by a basic lack of quality of life, the pursuit of happiness...
prune is offline Quote

Old 09-23-2017, 10:16 PM #3
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to allDouglas.Curtis is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by prune View Post
Very interesting, I recently went into a heavy course of CBD capsules over a few months time and noticed that it sucked the fun out of everything in my bag'o'tricks.
First, my regular dabs became useless from an intoxicative view, then booze and finally even the occasional pain-killer. There was no fun at all in Mudville.

Eventually I was bored out of a medicative regime by a basic lack of quality of life, the pursuit of happiness...
This is why we practice balance.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote