What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Official 1 Quart Hydro Grow

hydroclops

You can pick you friends and you can pick your nos
Veteran
Ok folks I don't if anyone other than a few people saw the 1 OZ container grow, but I am starting a 1 quart hydro grow.

Now as far as rules go, we are not to strick except for a few things.

1-No bigger than 1 quart
2-hydro, any type you come up with.
3-clones or seeds your choice.
4- no soil

There no prizes, just to see if we can do it,
hey it was done (very sucsesfully I maight add)

It was done in a 1 0z shot glas container so why not. :chin:

so here is my starting set up.

chinese food container.
air stone and pump.
net basket and neopreen plug to hold the
clone( afghani)
and 1 drop of superthrive.

all started today, I hope you all like so lets go jump in people.

OK, I been thinking about this one for a while, A Tiny lil hydro setup. I do have a few questions, like does it have to be DWC? Does all combined space have to equal 1Qt. or just res or just container? I only ask cause I have been working on somthing and I want to go get materials tommorow and need to know dimentions.

This is what I have in mind, a tiny aero-ponic unit with 2 plants and a res base as well as a mini pump and digital timer. I am lucky enough to have a electronics scrap yard nearby and parts are cheap.

Here's a look at what I envision...

So with a few answers I can get to work. :)

-Noid

Teh_Baker

whether you are aloud to do it or not, i still think you should do what you want. it really sounds like a cool idea.

hydroclops

Veteran
It can be any type of hydro set up,
But the container holding the roots can be no bigger than 1 quart.

Your res can be any size you need,
but 1 quart for the roots.

And in advance thanks for the intrest.
Have fun all.

Stay safe and high.
HYDRO>

Levitikuz

LOL this is the thread that gave me the idea! But i wanted to go a little bigger, i love these little DWC set ups, hopefully they perform. good luck with your shit man

Im not really sure if im goin by your guidlines but o well, and make sure your system is light proof, it looked like light could get through the top where your clone is, unless im missing somthin.

later

hydroclops

Veteran
Not a problem, the clone is sandwiched in a black neopren plug no light,
but thanks for the look out.

Good luck with your set up, and please stop by.

Stay safe and high.
.......HYDRO.......

hydroclops

Veteran
Oh yes, dwc is where I cut my teeth and leared to grow, My first system was an areo 4 witch I still use after 6 or 7 years.

The second picture is a plant the was grown in a 1oz shot glass
and then flowered in a nyquil dose cup.

And then some of my other dwc projects.

Levitikuz

Looks very nice, re-phrases question lol, have you ever grown a decent sized plant in a small DWC set up like my coffee can or around that size? I cant believe that shot glass plant omg

And i guess ill throw my small DWC into this.
1 regular coffee can (bigger then a quart but i guess ill throw it in here but im not in contest)
1 air stone with pump
1 5 oz plastic cup i put holes in,
1 pretty good bagseed clone in rapid rooter cube
1 drop of super thrive as well LOL
and im off
I need to go pick up some hydro feed from grow store tho, so far away, hopefully my friend will let me get some of his

Last edited:

hydroclops

Veteran
no this is the first try, I figured do a contest(no prizes) not allowed.

The shot glass grow gave me the idea, to try a small dwc grow

Hey you can't be off by much, can't be that much of a differance so jump in.
I am not the mesurment police, lol.

Last edited:

Levitikuz

I cant wait to see how these turn out, if the results blow my mind away i might end up making alot of these little DWC systems and goin straight hydro from now on. I hope these perform!

later

hydroclops

Veteran
You never know, do clones and as soon as you see roots put them to flower,
that is if you doing a lot of them.

Me I am goint to veg intill 1/2 the container is full with roots.

Levitikuz

Ya, im goind to veg for a bit also, i dont know how long for tho yet, but ill make my decision by how full the container is with roots also, i wanna see a monster from a little system like these lol, that is my goal! Hopefully it is achievable

Levitikuz

OK this is the guy with the coffee can set up, i switched it today to a sour cream container because the coffee can did start to rust :cuss: lol.....but these are so much better, i actually made 2 of em here they are. :muahaha:

Levitikuz

Anyone else takin on this challenge? I would really like to see what some people can come up with and the results we get.

Latest posts

Latest posts