What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

SAVING PLANT

Jungle666

Hi all, I have a plant ready to pull,thinking of cutting it above the last couple of branches,repotting it and putting it inside for the winter, question is will this work or should I just cut the lower branches off and clone them,cheers j

ozzieAI

Veteran
never had much success cloning flowering plants but have been successful in getting plants to reveg...takes a while though

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
I left the bottom 4 lowest branches on a plant i flowered outdoors last season and brought it inside to veg, takes a long time but it will start growing new shoots from out of the nugs that are left.

Rumblefish

Yup whats already been said is correct ,flowered branches will strike but take forever and the longer they take the more likely you are to loose them to mold or nutrient deficiency or just forgetting to check them for a few days and find them cactus ,the time I had some strike that way I think it was 10 week and lost at least 50 percent so reveg is your bet bet and almost a certainty ,bring it inside for the night and put in a well lite spot or under a lamp and stick it outside during the warmth of the day in full sun and feed a little blood and bone and she'll reveg and youll have good cuttings well in time for next season or a really bushy MoFo of a plant ,,as the head starts to die back just crumble it away and keep her clean. Its very rare to get a plant that wont reveg and usually your looking at 4-6 week and you will have definite growth points .
Happy Growing Rf