What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck for tomorrow gypsy

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yeehaw...just stay out of the reach of the USA...fuckers

I still have many friends from the USA, and spent a very memorable 5 years stateside during my late teens and early 20's, so I don't have any bad feelings towards the American people, just their government and it's repressive laws concerning cannabis.

I'm still buzzing on yesterdays verdict. After all this time I finally feel exonerated somewhat. Is it safe now to try and bring my family to the UK?....I hope so and that if the US does appeal against the Judge's decision not to extradite me, that they loose in the High Court.

.....All of you members/mods and admins have helped me to keep going, and not give up, and for that I thank you all for, from the bottom of my heart.

B

bigganjabud

I still have many friends from the USA, and spent a very memorable 5 years stateside during my late teens and early 20's, so I don't have any bad feelings towards the American people, just their government and it's repressive laws concerning cannabis.

I'm still buzzing on yesterdays verdict. After all this time I finally feel exonerated somewhat. Is it safe now to try and bring my family to the UK?....I hope so and that if the US does appeal against the Judge's decision not to extradite me, that they loose in the High Court.

.....All of you members/mods and admins have helped me to keep going, and not give up, and for that I thank you all for, from the bottom of my heart.

ABSOLUTELY ELATED FOR YOU GYPS

redlaser

Veteran
It sounds like the extradition hearing could not have gone better, the judge seems like one in a million.

Hope the U.S. doesn't appeal it or at least fails if they try. You'd think they would realize resources are best used elsewhere, instead of being plant cops for the world.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I guess that the prosecutor and the cops in the USA that put this case together against me are more than a little peeved right now, although they have managed to decimate my life and business, and separate me from my loved ones over the past 4 years, and had me banged up in an ex-Marcos era death camp for 30 months.

Yet do they still want to continue to hassle me?
I'll find out within 2 weeks if their appeal is going to go ahead or not....

If not, then I will get off bail, get my 1000 pounds sterling back, and start getting Gypsy's world ship-shape and Bristol fashion once again.

For those that want to understand more about extraditions between UK - USA...check this link:
https://uk.usembassy.gov/our-relati...stions-on-the-us-uk-extradition-relationship/

Last edited:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Nice one man.

So should we expect to see discounts for USA customers to piss em off? Lol no, I know, only kidding.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
I just read this whole thread and congratulations on the outcome Gypsy. I'm glad the judge saw sense, I'm sure the prosecution thought it was a slam dunk if he had never denied extradition before. This rip is for you and freedom.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
i wonder if you have a case against them now, i mean it seems they got you locked up for nothing.

anyway i hope they can accept this result, they have put you through enough, in fact you have already done a lot of time.

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
It burns me up that my tax dollars have contributed to this power trip of petty injustice, on top of that the hypocrisy of sort-of-legal seed sales in the same country trying to extradite. All these years I didn't even realize Gypsy was british, I thought he was from NL, I've been a customer in the past and remember him from Overgrow and how he stepped up to give OGers a forum-teat to suckle on when OG was ripped away from us. Perhaps this is all a longterm open file at the Justice Dept that shifted focus to Gypsy during the Dubya administration after they took down OG?

But I do know Gypsy was something like a kickboxer and worked as an actor in Hong Kong kung fu movies in the past? So when Gypsy was in prison in PI, he was in my thoughts but honestly my thoughts consisted mainly of him kicking some ass in the style of a cheesy Jean-Claude Van Damme movie from the 80s.

Glad to hear of positive news and hoping Gypsy will soon have his hands free to rebuild, revamp, and develop his various projects. If we are a community, the dude is a pillar.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Someone gave me a bottle of Proseco, and OP gave me a spliff.....and TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY!

As they say 'It's not all over till the fat bird sings'....and we won't know for sure till the Judge has deliberated a bit, and I returns for the verdict on the 30th August...but I must say that today's proceedings went well, the lawyer for the USA didn't do so well trying to prove his case, and Ben Cooper (my Lawyer) did a brilliant job....

All of your well wishes, and hopes that I would no longer be molested by these inhumane federal laws...seem to be working.

Hope that you can finally get out from under this. Thanks for everything you've done. It's a crazy world, especially when you consider how much things have changed in the U.S.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
Best good news in a while!

If it goes to appeal, the u.s will loose the trial for sure, it will only go to appeal on the merit that the u.s would request the appeal, but not on the merit of their shitty case.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Their case against me is/was all conspiracy based.
Here are the 4 charges:

1. Conspiracy to traffic marijuana: max penalty 20 years custody.
2. Conspiracy to import marijuana: max penalty 5 years custody.
3. Conspiracy to export marijuana: max penalty 5 years custody.
4. Conspiracy to commit money laundering: max penalty 20 years custody.

I don't think that the Judge liked the fact that the charges talk about marijuana, when all it was about is cannabis seeds, which are legal in the UK. I was not trafficking 'erb, or growing it, or helping the breeders in Maine to grow it. In fact I have never even set foot in Maine USA, never even visited any of the grows that the cops busted in Maine that led them to me. And as for the money laundering charge, those funds were made legally from seed sales.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
who knows,maybe this will cause the rotten slag who grassed to lose whatever deal was made...ultimately the only important thing is getting your family back together....but it wouldnt hurt if there was a little justice...

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Their case against me is/was all conspiracy based.
Here are the 4 charges:

1. Conspiracy to traffic marijuana: max penalty 20 years custody.
2. Conspiracy to import marijuana: max penalty 5 years custody.
3. Conspiracy to export marijuana: max penalty 5 years custody.
4. Conspiracy to commit money laundering: max penalty 20 years custody.

I don't think that the Judge liked the fact that the charges talk about marijuana, when all it was about is cannabis seeds, which are legal in the UK. I was not trafficking 'erb, or growing it, or helping the breeders in Maine to grow it. In fact I have never even set foot in Maine USA, never even visited any of the grows that the cops busted in Maine that led them to me. And as for the money laundering charge, those funds were made legally from seed sales.

holy crap, does that mean they were trying to get you for a max of 50 years? man i really hope they accept this ruling. let this be an end to it.

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
Sometimes they'll run concurrently, but looks like they were trying for at least 20 years. Usually they pile up charges to try and get one to stick or get you to take a plea.

Hoping this all gets dropped and that the US finally leaves you alone. Once again Gypsy thanks for everything. So many of us would not be where we are if not for IC bringing us together.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I have a meeting with an immigration lawyer today about getting my wife and kids out of the Philippines and over to the UK, and I think that our situation warrants the 'Special Circumstances' label, because I can't go back to the Philippines to live with my family since I am black-listed due to this US indictment, and I can't safely travel outside the UK due to the Interpol red notice. So like Ben Gunn in 'Treasure Island' I am MAROONED.... in the UK.

The only place we can safely exist as a family is within the British Isles.

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
indeed your situation is unique, you are forced to stay in the UK for now, lets hope they understand and let your wife and kids join you in Britain.

a real bitch if you can't travel any where though. if you were a big bank, you'd just pay a fine and not even admit you did anything wrong lol.

Latest posts

Latest posts