in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2014, 02:35 AM #1
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
Carolina Reaper HOT Pepper

I know at least a couple of us here on ICmag are growing the Carolina Reaper hot pepper, so thought I would make a thread for us all to share our experiences and pics of the plants/peppers.
I myself was gifted a very small seedling back in june and it's been transplanted into a large pot and has established now... it's about 8 inches tall, LOTS of nodes, no flowers yet....

Avinash.miles is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:00 AM #2
unregistered190

unregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivor
unregistered190 has completed 2 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
Cool, (well not really, haha)................what zone are you in out of curiosity? Do you still think there is enough season left to get fruit? I may try them next year if I can find seeds.

unregistered190 is online now Quote

Old 09-10-2014, 03:16 AM #3
Avinash.miles
Caregiver Extraordinaire

Avinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivorAvinash.miles is a survivor
i'm in Colorado & i doubt there is time this season to make fruit (but look forward to being suprised!); plan on bringing it inside and putting under lites.
Avinash.miles is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:46 AM #4
MOneYMiKe
#2 Top Dawg Seeds/Genetics

MOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant futureMOneYMiKe has a brilliant future
Dope Im just about finnished with my jolokia girl...talk about heat...whats the backstory on the Carolina reaper?

Old 09-10-2014, 03:57 AM #5
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
Fellow Reaper grower here and I got my seeds direct from Ed Currie. I've found other capsaicin varieties rather easy to grow - the Reaper took a bit more effort and patience. The seeds took 2 months to germinante - and were quite slow to grow...but the patience has paid off. I expect I'll see fruit on oldest one this season.

I've got several growing at different ages - so I'll just share my biggest / most mature one which is in a 3 gallon planter.

7/22 - plant was about 4 inches tall and just starting to show secondary growth tips.

9/9 - plant is about 22" tall from the top of the soil - but looks like it will be very productive.

And of course - these plants like anything I grow are in a fully amended organic soil...being given nothing but water.

Really excited to try the world's hottest peppers!!! Look forward to seeing others share theirs.

Thanks for starting this Avi!

dank.Frank
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR
dank.frank is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:03 AM #6
dank.frank
ef.yu.se.ka.e.em

dank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivordank.frank is a survivor
@MoneyMike - Carolina Reaper is a worked cross between Pakistani Dorset Naga and a Carribean Red Habanero from what I understand - made in South Carolina by Ed Currie. Was officially crowned world's hottest last November. Check out PuckerButt Pepper Company for seeds.

dank.Frank
self-justifications catering to the morally
ambiguous for the sake of the
ALL MIGHTY DOLLAR

Last edited by dank.frank; 09-10-2014 at 04:15 AM.. Reason: spelling errors.
dank.frank is online now Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2014, 05:01 AM #7
unregistered190

unregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivorunregistered190 is a survivor
Thanks for the link D.F. !

And with 2 months germination I better get in gear and order.......

Old 09-10-2014, 05:54 AM #8
Seaf0ur
Pagan Extremist

Location: In the land of the damned and ignored, past the graveyard of dead Gods, living in shadows.
Seaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivor
I ordered mine almost a year ago... germinated a bunch and gave em away.... a few round June I reckon... LOL

I've gotten 6 day germs... I've gotten 60 day germs... they can be a fickle bunch.

I kept one indoor, but I still have 2 more seed packs....
humidity and heat are helpful, but if you want a more rapid germ, freeze the seeds for 2 days before planting... trust me on this.
At least refrigerate em a few days if yer scared of the freezer.

Guide to Beneficial Insects
The Terpenes of Cannabis Their Aromas and Effects

In this world there's only one way out.... Close your eyes then... You're in the lions den.... Find a state of Zazen....
Seaf0ur is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2014, 06:02 AM #9
Seaf0ur
Pagan Extremist

Location: In the land of the damned and ignored, past the graveyard of dead Gods, living in shadows.
Seaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivorSeaf0ur is a survivor
The Carolina Reaper is a hybrid cultivar of chili pepper of the Capsicum chinense species, originally named the "HP22B", bred by cultivator Ed Currie, who runs PuckerButt Pepper Company in Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States. It's the world's hottest hybrid pepper.
The original cross was a red naga pepper and a red savina pepper. The "Carolina Reaper" was rated as the world's hottest chili pepper by Guinness World Records according to 2012 tests, averaging 1,569,300 on the Scoville scale with peak levels of over 2,200,000 Scoville Heat Units (SHU).
The previous record-holder was the Trinidad Scorpion Butch T.

[/copypasta]

Guide to Beneficial Insects
The Terpenes of Cannabis Their Aromas and Effects

In this world there's only one way out.... Close your eyes then... You're in the lions den.... Find a state of Zazen....
Seaf0ur is offline Quote

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:43 AM #10
unregistered190

C4, got a couple packs in my shopping cart......gotta look @ some more in the morning.

Good to see you around buddy