Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > The Crap I Have to Deal with...

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
The Crap I Have to Deal with... Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-23-2013, 07:52 AM #11
Marco61

Marco61 has a spectacular aura aboutMarco61 has a spectacular aura aboutMarco61 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildgrow View Post
Oh... and you know whats even worse than that? On the clearest days, I can see 100+ miles of mountains that I immersed myself in wasting vacation time after vacation time. Weeks! Some of it 2 or 3 times!

All the mornings, out in the wild, when I could have slept in... But, oh no - not me. I had to go scrambling over some rock outcropping in near darkness, smoke a spliff, and watch the sun paint the world.

Im such a moron.

Sq Root (Eye Height above surface / 0.5736)

That is how far you can see on a clear day. Say you are 6ft tall, eye level is at 5 1/2 ft, but you are standing 1,000 feet above sea level.

sq root (1,005.5 / 0.5736) = 41.9 miles.

Meaning you can see 41.9 miles before the curve of Earth prevents you from seeing further.

Hummingbird told me this. Thought I'd share.
Marco61 is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:02 AM #12
Space Toker

Space Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to beholdSpace Toker is a splendid one to behold
well I appreciate all nature, all kinds of domesticated flowers and wild nature as well. I have to say I love hummingbirds and all birds and all nature for that matter but especially birds! The hummies or humsters as I call them come to one of 3 feeders and flowers as well. The males fight with each other and yet they are always gong to the feeders except as of late and I am dismayed but still see them. I am amused by their U or horse-shoe dance as I call it, where they wizz about in a u shape pattern to impress or deter. they are great in my opinion. we are all both kind and humnle and aggressive/out for our own interests and they are no different. Go hummies!

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:34 AM #13
wildgrow
Frosty Half-Ginger

wildgrow has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelado` View Post
What a terrible thread!
I agree whole-heartedly. I should put an end to this travesty ASAP! However, as it appears that I am a glutton for punishment, I will continue.

Made me chuckle out loud, by the way. Thanks bud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco61 View Post
Sq Root (Eye Height above surface / 0.5736)

That is how far you can see on a clear day. Say you are 6ft tall, eye level is at 5 1/2 ft, but you are standing 1,000 feet above sea level.

sq root (1,005.5 / 0.5736) = 41.9 miles.

Meaning you can see 41.9 miles before the curve of Earth prevents you from seeing further.

Hummingbird told me this. Thought I'd share.
Well Im not sure of the elevation, but I am at the highest point of land locally, and I am looking out over lowland and foothills. Neither am I looking 100 miles out in a straight line, nor do the ridgelines and ranges stretch out in a straight line ahead of me. I am seeing them side to and they follow a sweeping curve. I am on the concave side of that curve.

Im not the least bit surprised a hummingbird would try to discredit me so. They surely have it out for me. Just yesterday one distracted me so much that I had to relight my joint over and over again.

They thwart my every attempt at photograghing them. I had to settle for this hummingbird moth.

SSC Lot M69 F2???

The Crap I Have to Deal with...
wildgrow is offline Quote

8 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:43 AM #14
BrnCow

And there sat Bill, naked, singing up on the windmill....well it is close!

Old 08-23-2013, 08:48 AM #15
LyryC
Omnis Vita est Aequus

LyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant futureLyryC has a brilliant future
LyryC has completed 6 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
This thread kills me!
Theres way too much incredible and awesome knowledge on ICMag, for anyone person to have the time to keep up with just a fraction of what this entire industry is doing. Politically, economically, medicinally, socially, recreationally changing the world, and eye salute you all, everyone of you, for helping make the world a better place, one grow at a time. Sat Nam
LyryC is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2013, 09:08 AM #16
ConcentrateChaz

ConcentrateChaz will become famous soon enough
lol pesky bugs
ConcentrateChaz is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2013, 06:10 PM #17
Gelado`

Gelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really niceGelado` is just really nice
I saw a hummingbird twelve stories above street level...or at least something that looked like one. Beautiful. The thing is, I was in Southeast Asia, and there aren't supposed to be any hummingbirds there...

My Ice Cream Shoppe

Ice Cream, Skunk, Satori and Afghani (Current Grow)
Gelado` is offline Quote

Old 08-23-2013, 09:04 PM #18
unclefishstick
Fancy Janitor

unclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivorunclefishstick is a survivor
unclefishstick has completed 8 grow reports. Click to see my Grow Reports
there was a pretty friendly one in the garden this morning,i dont think it was more than a foot from my face,hung out for 20 seconds or so,just long enough to say "dude,thanks for the hummingbird buffet garden"

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:45 AM #19
BigSteve

BigSteve will become famous soon enoughBigSteve will become famous soon enough
Wow nice pics.
BigSteve is offline Quote

Old 08-24-2013, 08:19 PM #20
Kalbhairav
~~ ॐ नमः शिवाय ~~

Kalbhairav has disabled reputation
An outrageous travesty to have to gaze upon such things in this day and age. I feel for you all and the gross amount of natural splendour that bombards your weary eye sockets..

I suppose I'll have to add a little something of my own..

4 members found this post helpful.