What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Papua New Guinea Gold/Niuguini Gold original strain

idiit

Veteran
had a great png looking male pollen on q-tips stored in the freezer. had three png looking females all turn mad hermie at the end of flowering and now i'm out of the png pollen. culled all three females. can't have a hermie pollinating my other females in the flowering room.

got more png dom seeds to continue the quest. still have not been able to smoke a png female for testing.

idiit

Veteran
^^ nanan bouclou southern at southern star seeds:

As Sativa as it gets. Seriously acid trippy profoundness to the high with a sweet aromatic taste. The motherplant is Haitian Sativa and its father is a Cape Tribulation Sativa ( which is PNG Gold). Needless to say, it wants to get big. Indoors is just not viable for this strain, as from 12/12 start the mature plant reached 1.8mtrs. Outdoor will be easily 3-5 metres. Flowering is long too. Classic 13-17 weeks. Closer to 15 weeks properly. The high is profound and very trippy, is creepy in onset and rushes hard from there to a limitless ceiling. Grow Environment : Outdoor Tropical only Flowering Time: 13-17 weeks.
The Haitian Sativa was gifted to me by a haitian grower who I meet whilst working at a distillery in the Carribean. I also distill rum here. The Cape Trib Sativa was gifted to me from aboriginal locals whilst in Cairns when I was getting sugar cane juice for rum production here
the Haitian is a kinda wide leaved variety with sativa high effects. the Haitian is really good. It can work as a commercial strain. good bag appeal, real nice energetic sativa high effects. it was a favorite day time smoke for quite a few ppl.

picture.php

^ cape tribulation sativa way different than the more wld looking Haitian.

I just ran f1's then ran them again for f2's and got pretty good pheno separation. I selected for Haitian dom and png ( cape tribulation ) dom phenos. iirc this one was hit with some regular png dom pollen but the male was not as png dom as I wanted. I am using these f2 beans for the extreme png looking phenos. the f2 cape tribulation dom females are all going mad hermie but the parents were hermie free.

Donald Mallard

el duck
Veteran
Shame about the hermies idiit ,
i guess it is in the background of both lines somewhere ,
just didnt show up in the hybrid ...

heres a pic of cape trib for you , i guess its similar to png other than proximity to the equator, its a pretty wet part of the world , png is probably the only sort of variety that would make it in that climate successfully ..

picture.php

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Great thread mates with great memories and info :woohoo:
The PNG Gold I used to get back in the late 1980's was exactly as Wally described, absolutely golden fruity heaven in a bud :faint:
:smoke out:

idiit

Veteran
thanks for the heads up on cape trib.

I don't get too attached to labels. maybe a native from png migrated to cape trib or donated a cannabis seed stock gift to the Australian aboriginal locals.

it's important to try and keep the 'provenance' but it comes down to genetics. Hawaiian dope for example is actually imported and same goes for zamal iirc.

the smoke aroma from the png dom is incredible. the only peer I've experienced is good santa marta Colombian gold smoke.

the Haitian is very dom in my seed stock of nanan bouclou.

snow (snowhigh) posted some pics of his png dom png/haitian:

picture.php

i'm interested in isolating a very png red female and growing her out to see how she smokes. if sh'e a keeper then i'll keep her in seed form and run her some. I thinking with the extreme hatian dominance (for me) in nanan bouclou hybrids with the cape tribulation sativa might not show the png influence so why bother making png hybrids unless a good mate is needed to stabilize the inherent hermie traits of the png/cape trib line.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Hi Guys,

Idiit - That is a great looking plant. I can't believe that popped out of those seeds, considering what the one I grew looked like. It certainly had a rich fruity taste though. I might still have a sample stashed away somewhere. I need to smoke that to see if the potency improved after sitting around for a year.

I bought two packs of those seeds and have only grown one seed so far.

ThaiBliss

Lesnah

Well, I have finally managed to get a new place....and will be running Nanan Bouclou's almost exclusively except for some testers I'll be doing and landrace/heirloom seedruns.

I should be starting within the next 2 weeks and will be posting pics god-willing. I plan to mirror what Idiit has already started....separation of both Haitian and Cape Trib. genotypes. Glad to see ID referring to the Aussie father as Cape Trib. since it points to the origin of the actual genetics.

Cape Trib. is supposedly one of the oldest "Partially touched" rain forests in the world. The Sativa used must be great for coastal/humid/hot summers like the Northeast of the US.

I tried some of the Haitian dom. thanks to ID.....and I must say....I'm a very finicky once in a blue smoker; but that smoke was right up there with the Santa Maria I grew and I dare say the Old School "Uptown Haze aka Puray" from NYC. So if Idiit claims the Cape Trib side of the genetics is superior to the Haitian, that must be some really high grade/unique Sativa specimens.

luvaduck

I was lucky enough to score a bunch of PNG seeds recently. I saw the bud it came from, and I trust the source. Have had poor germination rates, and lost a few to damping off. One of the first to germ was trifoliate, a pretty cool bonus, but lost to damping off. Plants are still germinating two weeks after the first. Haven't grown these babies for more than 20 years, super keen.

idiit

Veteran
So if Idiit claims the Cape Trib side of the genetics is superior to the Haitian, that must be some really high grade/unique Sativa specimens.

thanks, lesnah for the support. I haven't had a chance to smoke fully mature cape trib female yet. they keep going mad hermie middle of flowering cycle.

lesnah did smoke some of the very haitian dom and he is line with the other ppl that smoked this batch. really good daytime, early evening smoke by the reports.

southern believes the cape trib he has originated from png. he hasn't elaborated to me on how he came to that conclusion.

ozza

Veteran
I got PNG a couple of times in 98, 99. It was golden colour beautiful stuff. We got it from a little PNG Black Fella that had a scholarship to Downlands Toowoomba. His Dad used to send him over with 4 or more ounces, to sell for money for him for term. He offered them to me real cheap like 200 bucks for over 4. I handed him a grand and told him to live the shit up. Was worth every penny.

Azure

Hi Mangi_Samatex,

Do I understand you correctly that Indica strains, Kush, are now being grown and sold in Papua New Guinea? My heart is breaking, as sleepy, muddled, boring, Indica is replacing euphoric, energetic, trippy Sativa strains! It has been almost 10 years since I have smoked a world class Sativa like Thai Stick or Sumatran. When I was a kid, a very long time ago, I came across truly great weed once or twice a year.
:snap out of it:

I am also trying the Nanan-Bouclou from Southern Star Seeds. It looks nothing like the pictures of S.E. Asian looking Papua New Guinea Gold. The report from Idiit is keeping my hopes alive, barely.
:biggrin:

Nanan-Bouclou:

View Image

We have had it backwards all these years. We should share the great strains, and hoard the bunk strains out of existence!

ThaiBliss

Your plant looks like this PNG bagseed I grew out.
picture.php

Last edited:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
This one was an indoor test on Nanan Bouclou, 50% PNG and 50% Haitian. It was weak but trippy. Here is a fat leaf with 11 leaflets:
picture.php

The outdoor test of a different individual looked like this and ripened by mid October at 42 north:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This was energetic, euphoric, much stronger, but lacking the trippiness I got a glimpse of from the indoor test. I'm breeding this one because I love it and so impressed that it ripened in my latitude and climate. The flavor is phenomenal.

T.B.

P

psilocybevybe

This one was an indoor test on Nanan Bouclou, 50% PNG and 50% Haitian. It was weak but trippy. Here is a fat leaf with 11 leaflets:
View Image

The outdoor test of a different individual looked like this and ripened by mid October at 42 north:
View Image
View Image
View Image

This was energetic, euphoric, much stronger, but lacking the trippiness I got a glimpse of from the indoor test. I'm breeding this one because I love it and so impressed that it ripened in my latitude and climate. The flavor is phenomenal.

T.B.

yee haw ! looks super frosty, I pollinated(chucked with intention lol) my bouclous with some Angels Breath from Mr Nice, in the fridge waiting for a spot in the garden, in the mean time just popped 3 of The Doors Mr nice ...lovely pics and great motivation ta muchly for sharing:biggrin:

Latest posts

Latest posts