Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > General Gardening > welcome to the general gardening forum

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
welcome to the general gardening forum Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-28-2009, 04:29 AM #31
disfunktional
One confused mofo

disfunktional will become famous soon enoughdisfunktional will become famous soon enoughdisfunktional will become famous soon enough
i was wanting to teach my daughter about growing flowers and veggies. unforunately i dont know much about gardening those and i dont see too many posts on this forum. would anyone have any suggestions? i was thinking of teaching her to compost for the soil and she would like to start out with flowers. i thought that the whole preocess woould make a good project for us to do together, and maybe a possible science project for school. since winter is coming up we will be builing a small box for the flowers. iv got a 70w hps to use in the project. idk if this would be a good light to try or not. feel free to make some suggestions.

i can see, just not past my eyes

if ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power then im somewhere in between
disclaimer: i have no friends. i come here and pretend to be a part of this site to fit in. anything i say is to be a part of said site, any pics i post are pics that i found on the internet.
disfunktional is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 10:41 AM #32
NOKUY
Banned

NOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud ofNOKUY has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by disfunktional View Post
i was wanting to teach my daughter about growing flowers and veggies. unforunately i dont know much about gardening those and i dont see too many posts on this forum. would anyone have any suggestions? i was thinking of teaching her to compost for the soil and she would like to start out with flowers. i thought that the whole preocess woould make a good project for us to do together, and maybe a possible science project for school. since winter is coming up we will be builing a small box for the flowers. iv got a 70w hps to use in the project. idk if this would be a good light to try or not. feel free to make some suggestions.
you wanna grow weed, and your scared of the internet?...thats all i got from that.
NOKUY is offline Quote

Old 09-28-2009, 08:00 PM #33
disfunktional
One confused mofo

disfunktional will become famous soon enoughdisfunktional will become famous soon enoughdisfunktional will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOKUY View Post
you wanna grow weed, and your scared of the internet?...thats all i got from that.
no i meant what i said. i dont know how to grow vegitables or flowers. she would enjoy learning about growing her own vegitables from the compost that we make. it teaches her about recycling and growing i dont see where you got that im scared to grow weed and im scared of the internet. i was looking for help on how to grow flowers and vegitables since iv never had a garden. would a grow box be a bad idea for growing those? what kind of lighting would be better to use for growing?

i can see, just not past my eyes

if ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power then im somewhere in between
disclaimer: i have no friends. i come here and pretend to be a part of this site to fit in. anything i say is to be a part of said site, any pics i post are pics that i found on the internet.
disfunktional is offline Quote

Old 01-22-2010, 09:33 PM #34
Easygrowing

Easygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of lightEasygrowing is a glorious beacon of light

A Beach asters in Danish-true

Great tread i will be back,as Arnold say,s

Good weekend everyone

smoke it-before your neighbours smokes it.

The "key" 2 a life,with succes. is-live a life-there is memorable to live.
Bruce lee..agree...and shame on us..But good Spain !! your the best..hmmmm..

Last edited by Easygrowing; 01-06-2011 at 06:19 PM..
Easygrowing is offline Quote

Old 03-23-2010, 04:29 PM #35
joeking
spiritual gangster of love

joeking will become famous soon enoughjoeking will become famous soon enough
Looks like I found my new digs...that is, place to chill

Just because you can see it, does that make it real? Are your perceptions your own, or are they second generation programming?

joeking is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 06:20 AM #36
jj.thecarnivore

jj.thecarnivore is on a distinguished road
hey ... how bout thyme.... its ant- fungal

thats better.....
jj.thecarnivore is offline Quote

Old 10-01-2010, 06:32 AM #37
jj.thecarnivore

jj.thecarnivore is on a distinguished road
If you want to show her how to grow from seed use things that are tough like beans... these fix N2 from the air using bacteria... and so they can just be mixed in when you are done... with out soil with the bacteria of course this is a mute point. you could sprout beans, sunflower, wheatgrass, etc.. and eat the sproouts.... or juice the grass ....or start amaranth now if you have two more months of ok conditions, really beautiful pink -red plant that can still get moved out into the garden! tender young parts good greens , and the grain is an amazing seed. If you soak them they are soothing to the digestive track.
If you want to do indoor a while you might do specialty plants that need special conditions like carnivores plants, orchids, maybe tomatos, etc...

for little ones I suggest using squash beans and sunflowers as seed starter plants in the spring, they are tough and they are very satisfying to new and old growers alike:}

peace...
im getting sucked into this computer for the first time in my life!
Yeeeee plant people!

thats better.....
jj.thecarnivore is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2012, 04:01 AM #38
webguy

webguy will become famous soon enoughwebguy will become famous soon enoughwebguy will become famous soon enough
tomatoes in pots

Hi all, Ive got a lot of tomato plants to pot up and wondering if anyone thinks it would mess anything up if i put this seed matting stuff in the bottom 1/3 of the pots.

https://www.ronshomeandhardware.com/6...t-p/775983.htm

Ive got to many plants and not enough soil so i was hoping this stuff might fill the void. Im wondering if it will decompose and get to hot...? Anyone???
webguy is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2012, 04:04 AM #39
webguy

webguy will become famous soon enoughwebguy will become famous soon enoughwebguy will become famous soon enough
...woops, double post.
webguy is offline Quote

Old 05-06-2012, 04:25 AM #40
s13sr20det
admit nothing, deny everything, and demand proof.

Location: Paddling my boat up the dum dum river, planting shitapple trees
s13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud ofs13sr20det has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest 88950 View Post
you 1st need to get results before "Kickin' it up a notch"........example: if your 1st plants die from ph off, then not killing the next plant would be "Kickin' it up a notch"
s13sr20det is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.