What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Why do you use all the bs hype money grabbing ferts (if you do)

G

Gr33nSanta

If you'd prefer, I'm in Canada and have an enormous sack of Jack's; happy to chop you off a few kg's (plus Cal Nit) if interested. Have done so before.

Not a business man, just a Canadian grower using Jack's who'd love to see more people using it north of the border.
Sorry but why would you love to see more people using chemical fertilizers in Canada? I do not get it, what is in it for you? do you find it grows you superior weed?

Desert Hydro

Veteran
Sorry but why would you love to see more people using chemical fertilizers in Canada? I do not get it, what is in it for you? do you find it grows you superior weed?

because its cheap as hell and works fucking great..... ive offered nutes for free to people on more than one occasion if they cant get it or afford it. not everyone has an agenda, just spreading the love

handshake

Sorry but why would you love to see more people using chemical fertilizers in Canada? I do not get it, what is in it for you?

I'm assuming it came across like I was offering them for free. I meant he could buy some of mine, not that I'd freely ship some out.

do you find it grows you superior weed?

Superior? No.
Equal? Yes.

There is no agenda beyond shattering the idea that you need boutique grow shop nutes to grow fantastic flower.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If blind food trials are anything, people are full of shit when they claim they can tell a difference.

Now the difference between picking food at peak ripeness and picking food to survive transport, that is a stark contrast. But then the alternative is to stop living where food doesn't grow economically.

I may just take you up on that in the future, handshake.

I never was aware of chem buds in my life until I got my mmj card. There's something intentionally nefarious about that crap. Generic nutes don't make your bud wreck your breathing.. As much hate Miracle-Gro gets on these guerilla marketing forums, I can certainly say it's mental illness that causes people to use Botanicare, AN, etc. I should not be able to tell what brand you used. If you shop at the grow store, I taste grow store. PBP? Kind? Don't bother writing it on the label, I'll smell it as soon as I walk in the door. Plain as day.

It's not about the money, its about how the crap ruins quality (and yield apparently).. Its unbelievable people still fall for this counter productive crap. BigWheelDyke the pedo defender has a new line coming out. Snoop Dog has a nute line. Its fucking proof of mass mental illness.

Its not just pot growers. I went to a chili cook-off in the south once. You'd think that would be some awesome chili. But I've eaten better chili at the school cafeteria. Most disgusting blandest shit I've ever ate. Every single entry. . People are insane, their minds are controlled by something other than reality. I barely interact with the world anymore, they can't smell the mold growing in their own damn homes. Let alone evaluate the cringe factor of their bitterbud.

Placebo people, tares, generation delusional, call them what you will. People of sound mind and a working catalogue of senses are a tiny minority. Just look at America's favorite beer and tobacco... I physically cannot inhale a Marlborough, or drink a Budweiser without convulsing. How anyone does is beyond me,and those peoples opinions and evaluations are not of my concern as mine is not of theirs.

To all you offended out there, sorry, your weed sucks and your Bose wave radio sucks.

Cannabologist

Veteran
I never was aware of chem buds in my life until I got my mmj card. (...) I should not be able to tell what brand you used.
Good to know! Because you cant. You can't tell brands of nutes. You're not only ridiculous, youre batshit lol!

You're not psychic, and weed will taste pretty consistent regardless of how it was grown... CHEMICALS are chemicals, fertilizer is fertilizer. And adding animal shit and piss to your plants is somehow a good thing?? Lolol you people must be high!

If someone doesn't know this/disagree, then they don't know square one about nutrients/fertilizers/chemicals/plants/science/etc. etc

I'm sure you think ashes burn different colors too. Ohh look 2 dumb hippies agree with you! No shit! I can't imagine!
This site sucks. How are people supposed to learn with crap like this every other month.

Cannabean

Good to know! Because you cant.
This site sucks. How are people supposed to learn with crap like this every other month.

I'm eager to learn and always trying to improve what I do. That's why I come to this website, to learn from people clearly more experienced and more knowledgeable than myself.

I never was aware of chem buds in my life until I got my mmj card. There's something intentionally nefarious about that crap. Generic nutes don't make your bud wreck your breathing.. As much hate Miracle-Gro gets on these guerilla marketing forums, I can certainly say it's mental illness that causes people to use Botanicare, AN, etc. .

What can you recommend as an alternative? Do you use teas that you brew? What goes into what you feed your plants?

toohighmf

Veteran
attachment.php
Who remembers this? Same pig. Different hat. Millions of suckers...

Attachments

• 89D9D8F0-DB72-47C5-A830-02D2FFD1315B.jpeg
    89D9D8F0-DB72-47C5-A830-02D2FFD1315B.jpeg
    24.1 KB · Views: 23

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
Soul Annoyed:

I've used Botanicare in dirt/soilless and had great results.

Was it as good as full organics? No, but its not as "awful" as you like to think that it is.

Running around on internet forums trashing people you don't know about how they may do something is ridiculous. You barely interact with the world anymore because you think you're better than everyone. It's as simple as that. Get over yourself already. Ego can be your enemy if you don't control it.

-Funk

Arkansux

I physically cannot inhale a Marlborough, or drink a Budweiser without convulsing

Omg that part was funny as hell.. For some reason when I read it I just pictured someone at a restaurant trying a Budweiser and starting to shake and foam at the mouth.... Dnt mind me Im just high, lol

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
As the title says, if you use all all the expensive cannabis marketed nutrients and additives with lame names and fancy bottles and pictures, why do you use them?

I am not having a go at anyone that does as it is not my money being wasted, I am just curious is it because you are led to believe you need this stuff to successfully grow? Or you just like to use them? Or any other reason.

I used to buy into the hype years ago as I was led to believe that's how you have to do it when venturing into inside cultivation. However one day I have said Fuck it and did an experiment with hardware store nutrients and medium (compressed brick coco). I have never looked back my yield increased also the quality of product increased, I can now grow a total of three one plant crops yielding up to around 1lb each for the grand total of 14 dollars. It is a no brainer for me.

So shoot and give me your reasons.

So, What are you buying for $14?

Rabbi

I just switched back from Jacks to AN. Couldn't get the Jacks dialed in at my new place for some reason.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
What issue did you have?

Ah the yellowing. Just saw your post in the Jack's thread.

Rabbi

What issue did you have?

Ah the yellowing. Just saw your post in the Jack's thread.

Ya massive yellowing. And the buds wouldn't fill out either.

I do plan on trying dry ferts again after some recovery time but just couldn't get the Jacks dialed in for some reason. Sucks.

beta

Veteran

Get off your organic high horse. Literally everything that exists is made up entirely of chemicals. You, me, guano, salt based fertilizers, dirt, water, air, nuclear weapons.

Whether something is 'chemical' or 'natural' or 'man-made' tells you nothing about how safe or effective it is. The most toxic chemical cocktail known to man (botulism) is 100% 'natural'.

tumblr_mtjx6or5Iz1sian8vo1_500.jpg

Cannabologist

Veteran
Its 2018, and we have to (re)-state these things, on computers nonetheless :laughing::laughing::laughing:

We will never evolve. We will never be allowed on the alien spaceships buzzing around our heads. We simply never learn. Ours is a perpetual cycle (of self-disillusionment) :tiphat:

Homebrewer

Veteran
As the title says, if you use all all the expensive cannabis marketed nutrients and additives with lame names and fancy bottles and pictures, why do you use them?

I think we all started out this way because it's kinda fun to play mad scientist. There is a sense that each additional bottle is going to make the plant pump out a little more yield and ooze more resin, I think it appeals to us on a very deep level. It's not just growing at that point, it's a craft. I think that same mindset is why the organic crowd is a little loony sometimes.