What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Maroccan Landrace

C

Columbo1

It is now a wild mix

there are plants like nr. 18 or nr. 13 and also a even more strechier female (will show you the females next) which are for sure maroccan genetics.

They all root insane what is meant to be a sign of maroccan genetics. They turned the Wilma into a DWC and rooted through open spaces into the nutrient solution which is a sign for genetics from dry regions.

On the other hand there is this afgahni leaning plant (nr. 10). Also some have the typical small height of Afgahni plants. But only nr. 10 has the leafs of a Afgahni.

I guess open- /crosspollinated Belida - so we have to wait what the next generation reveals and I have to look through more of the seeds - testing a 48 plant ebb-flow system at the moment for that purpose with some mostly sativa hybrids.

I caught my Early Maroc roots going thru about 5-10cm of clay pebbles at the bottom of the soil in the pot and drinking the run-off in the drip tray. I was wondering what was up with that ... Crazy Morrocan roots that's what!

So do you plan to exclude the non-moroccon types for the making of the next gen. or just planning on a open pollination?

C

Columbo1

Early Maroc mid-flower

Early Maroc mid-flower

Mine is looking pretty tasty already mid-way through flowering. She has a sweet non-floral, non-fruity aroma somewhat like a pink bubblegum I suppose.

picture.php

:yummy:

snuicide

Columbo she is getting pretty frosty :) I like

Of course I want to catch maroccan genetics - I will make several crossings

they all got very huge and thats also an sign of belida so i guess some are almost pure if not 100% pure

I want to use nr. 3 x nr. 16 for an indoor line

while nr. 18 x nr. 8 or nr. 13 x nr. 16 would be great for outdoor

and also one of the other females x nr. 16 would be greate for female seeds.

If someone wants to test some would be cool :) especially outdoor

quite busy the next days but I try to catch some images till sunday ;)

C

Columbo1

I'm in Southern hemisphere growing outdoors between 30-35° in a Csa or mediterranean type climate.

Unfortunately I can only grow low numbers so only one or two mature females for personal use and the odd male here and there for pollen.

I'd definitely like to try some of your Moroccan Belida's one day since the Early Maroc I've got going is ticking a few boxes already (decent pest resistance, low maintenance, nice plant frame and reasonably frosty already) and I would like to find a nice Moroccan male to cross to it since it's available in female seed only.

But I have some Snowhigh - Vietnamese Laughing Grass (dalat x congo) seeds that are getting a little old and really need to grow them out next season. So can't really commit to testing anytime soon.

Can wait to see those ladies though when you get some time ;)

Nice thread here Snuicide. I'm gonna pull up a chair and tune in to see how they do. I recently came across some Morroccan Heirloom Beldia seeds, myself. I only have about 10 of them, so i'm kinda worried about the low germination rate you mentioned...

snuicide

MedicalManny thx!

You should put them into 70 % isopropylalcohol for 3 seconds and then into water for 3 seconds and than bring them to germinate with fresh water or how you usual do it. Should work as desinfection.

The females:

hard to get them all o a picture

nr. 16 - fast, all maroccan traits but grows super branchy instead of tall/lanky

nr. 8 is the biggest plant but also fast and the leafs are more indica

snuicide

Nr. 5

Nr. 5 gets pollen from nr. 13
nr. 16 gets pollen from nr. 3 - both are perfect for indoor growing

Last edited:

snuicide

Who have oryginal maroocan landrance no mix whit paki? Female seeds have but some show paki genetics..

I don't know. I tried seedsman hash passion which is a very pleasant smoke but compared to what I got from Chefchaouen it was medium in height and leafs were more indica leaning. A friend had 1 plant from female seeds stock and it was kind of medium to small in height - pleasant to smoke but perfered the hash passion because it got a more complex flavour and taste. More like blonde hash and female seeds version is more like darker hash.

Columbo1 is gardening some from philosophers seeds - they have the same leaf form like the plants in the documentations you find with in the thread.

NotYourSaviour

My usual but necessary blahblah

My usual but necessary blahblah

Just discovered your very fine thread here lately so thank you so much for your work and effort, Snuicide! My deepest respect and kudos to you!
It can't be praised enough, really! Quite critical myself as rarely mincing matters and never say this often, trust me.
One time I will finally make it to the Rif myself and realise a couple of my own ideas but couldn't do so yet for some reasons.
It seems we(and of course others)have the same point of view regarding many points of this topic and agree with many things you said.

As a realist myself(and admirer of traditional imports, especially Moroccan) I know your project is only a drop in the bucket against all the stuff going on there as massive greed for profit is involved with other groups working there but trying is everything and maybe it changes something for good. Fingers crossed and hopefully others jump on the train:).
Think there will always be at least a niche market for traditional moroccan hashish.
Full legalization there with controlled pollination allowing peaceful coexistence between Pakistani, Afghani, Beldia, Mexican and so on is the only way to go though ; not to forget stopping exploitation of ecosystem of Rif itsself by providing poor farmeres with education as growing techniques would improve undoubtely as general awareness for environmental problems caused by this exploitation.

Links you provided were interesting too. Found some other articles along the link Ahortator so kindly provided on the first page and you edited and read about automatics being planted in the Rif and stuff, oh my. That could be another coffin nail when it comes to the old genepool but time will tell.
Also they proudce oil from hemp seeds for food? I like at least that one.
They're using trained mules and donkeys for transporting stuff along the rif without monitoring? That is kinda impressive as long as they treat them well otherwise.

I share your opinion about that greenhouse documentary. It's nice to watch but not more. Not very deep in my opinion either. It's a promotion for Arjan's crappy seed and coffeeshop business. This goes for all of their documentaries. That guy acts like he cares about that plant but is only a plain tradesman like many of his dutch colleagues in the business over there.
While I'm on it where are those genetics they supposedly picked up in all those foreign countries when their seed stock is more or less the same since over ten years? So laughable:moon:!
Also most of their seeds are stolen genetics from other seedbanks doing their work and then selling it under a different name like many other 'seedbanks' do nowadays.
Also his coffeeshops sell the same mediocre grass all the other do but also at even more inflated prices up to 18€/g yet and it works due to his reputation gained among seemingly not so informed people and I know that since I'm going regularly all across the Netherlands. Only hashish is up to scratch there every now and then but could be found at other shops for the same quality and less in price.
So all in all: fuck them! Just avoid. Sadly his hype only shows that many people need a lot more education on that topic.

Have to set you straight on coffeeshop calculations though. Don't get me wrong I got your point only have to explain something you might not know.

Firstly, I don't like the coffeeshop system after decades anymore and think it's quite outdated as there is no customer protection nor health protection as it is only tolerated and they don't get tested for contaminants as for example at dispensaries in the Usa. Let alone dubious crimninal groups involved very interested to keep up this status quo for their profits.
However, secondly you said they sell the best quality for like 15-17€(and up to 25€ in my humble opinion, most expensive prices tend to go for asian imports though like Nepal and India)but you have to keep in mind that they are taxed 100% by the dutch goverment so when a coffeeshop owner claims he gets his hashish in wholesale for 5€/g he at least has to sell it for 10€/g(would like to see a recipe of those purchases on the black market the dutch goverment is turning a blind eye on but is not ashamed to tax it while absoulutely not carying about customer protection).
Personally I remember the days when moroccan hashish wasn't that good so I want them to produce the best and not some low grade anymore but seeing your report and others as my own research they upped their game in more than the last decade massively.
So yes I can understand they reject some types of quality as there seemingly is still much low grade around(around here much of it is going to prisons and smack circles).
Still I see the need of different grades to some point though as a lot of spanish people in the past for instance told me they can't affort super duper first grades and only stick to 'normal' first sieves. You get my point probably.

That's it. What are your plans now? Keep up the good work:)!

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran
G `day NYS

Kiff is traditonal Morocco smoke .
Hash was introduced by westerners .

Good luck to the locals if they buy better genetics and yield more profits .
Maybe a better education for the kids ?

Thanks for sharin

EB .

snuicide

Just discovered your very fine thread here lately so thank you so much for your work and effort, Snuicide! My deepest respect and kudos to you!
It can't be praised enough, really! Quite critical myself as rarely mincing matters and never say this often, trust me.

Thank you a lot! An critical questioning audience is one of the reasons I will keep up my work.

One time I will finally make it to the Rif myself and realise a couple of my own ideas but couldn't do so yet for some reasons.
It seems we(and of course others)have the same point of view regarding many points of this topic and agree with many things you said.

"drive-by pictures" they use irrigation here and there.

Also they proudce oil from hemp seeds for food? I like at least that one.

they make hash oil with ethanol and hash. I guess Iran is the only coutry where they eat a lot of hemp seeds? Like chicken with hemp seeds and plums.

They're using trained mules and donkeys for transporting stuff along the rif without monitoring? That is kinda impressive as long as they treat them well otherwise.

Well, animals are not treated that well especially in the cities. The donkey in the mountains were in good shape and they love to eat everything which grows there.

The way to go to the farms from the cities is by pickup trucks - they stay arround in the city and if they have enough people to make money they drive to all the farms the travellers have to go to. Some farmers have their own cars as well. You can stop cars and also big travelling busses on the main roads which goes between all the big cities and negociate a price or just buy a ticket if it is a cityliner. First time it is kind of strange to stop a big bus lol - you get used to it.

about the coffeeshops

I bought some Thai 10 years ago in Amsterdam for 4€ / g and it was the purest sativa I've ever got in Amsterdam. You just had to remove some leafs ;).

The German and the Dutch market are actually not that different if it is about buds. A lot of dutch buds are produced in germany due to less repression. A kg of dutch grown costs about 4 € / g in Berlin and this is allready imported. The shops should get it a little bit cheaper. Energy prices are very cheap in the netherlands as well.

Last edited:

snuicide

Nr. 16

sweet and chalky, high yield and fast flowering, incredible fast and heavy rooting

Nr.8

slightly fruits mostly complex blond hash aromas
grows like a sativa fluffy buds - leafs are more indica leaning

Nr.15

mostly pakistani
oily hash with complex undertones
pink at low temps (I try to get under 17 ° C while its winter to get colors)

this 3 ladys have overgrown the whole room

Latest posts

Latest posts