What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Malawi x Ethiopian, Panama x Honduras, Panama, Golden Tiger and Kalichina x Zamaldel

Tangwena

Veteran
Pop corn

Pop corn

Well in a stoner moment I thought I would tidy up my albums and deleted them I didn't realize it would also delete everything from my posts as well duh!

If I cant fix it I will have to start again ha ha.
In that vein heres some shots of some pop corn buds.

First up is Calichina x Zamaldelica

Second and last is Panama

Third GT

And fourth Calichina x Zamaldelica

Tangwena

Veteran
Re post of pics I deleted

Re post of pics I deleted

First pic Panama x Honduras 4 weeks flowering
Panama at 3 weeks flowering and four weeks flowering first 2nd and 3rd pics

Tangwena

Veteran
3.5 weeks flowering from first pistils.

3.5 weeks flowering from first pistils.

As my deleting my albums has deleted all the pics from my posts I am taking more pics of this grow.
Everything in this grow is going great guns i just wish I could grow them outside but then I would have way to much bud ha ha.
First 3 pics are Panama this plant should be called White Panama its that frosty awesome plant stinks of sweet lemony skunk.

The 4th and 5th pic is the Panama x Honduras if the Panama wasn't right next to it it would shine in its own right. It is just starting to get frosty and the smell is sweet lime just sublime I cant wait to cure this one as well its going to be interesting especially as Dubi describes the high as like an African high yum.

Tangwena

Veteran
Tigerrrrr

Tigerrrrr

Next my Golden retriever aka Golden Tiger. I know a lot of people prefer the Thai Pheno but I like this pheno.
Try the fermenting cob style cure on this baby and then tell me you dont love the warm tripping world you enter.
For my taste there is not much better.

The last pic is the Malawi x Ethiopia the buds are only just starting to frost up now and the smell is to me more Malawi than the Malawi.
Not much to look at at the moment but I think this stuff will eclipse the Golden Tiger come harvest.
I remember this smell its only from the best of the best in Malawi.
I think Ace have created another gem to rival the GT with this one.
I cant believe the smell its got to be a winner IMO.

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 5 update

Week 5 update

This is a quick update at the start of week 6.
The Panama is so stinky I have 2 carbon filters working together to control the smell.
The Panama is just starting to show a few red hairs on the lower buds so its got a long way to go yet.
The Panama x Honduras is still flowering and has no red hairs yet.
Also a ways to go.
I have the Golden Tiger in the same tub as the Panama due to space restrictions and while the Panama is fine the GT has some issues with the nutes. I have scaled back the nutes to hopefully solve this.
Otherwise its going great guns and the clones of all the above are starting their stretch and have never stopped flowering so I expect big single cola plants from these again.

Tangwena

Veteran
Week 5 Malawi x Ethiopian, Kalichina x Zamaldelica

Week 5 Malawi x Ethiopian, Kalichina x Zamaldelica

The Malawi x Ethiopian are going great starting to bud up nicely.
Its amazing there are hardly any leaves but the buds are growing well. Basicaly just one big cola like the others as due to limited space they had no vedge time and went straight into 11/14 after 7 days.

The same with the Kalichina x Zamaldelica which I have kept small as well. If they are what I like I will grow them again and vedge longer but I prefer the sativa highs so this is mainly just out of curiosity.

G

Wow,bulking up,are we?:)
Great Panama expression,love it!

I 've grown two GTs but both times not the way I should have.I haven't experienced the extreme effects ,did a 3 month cure,tried some sloppy cob making,too.Best I got from her was caffeine effects but not lot of potency...Only occasionaly (wake an bake).I'd throw it all on me ,but I think it is also pheno related.I've seen two great growers here not finding GT very strong.Did you like all the ones you've grown?I have the fem version with double Thai I think.

Tangwena

Veteran
Wow,bulking up,are we?:)
Great Panama expression,love it!

I 've grown two GTs but both times not the way I should have.I haven't experienced the extreme effects ,did a 3 month cure,tried some sloppy cob making,too.Best I got from her was caffeine effects but not lot of potency...Only occasionaly (wake an bake).I'd throw it all on me ,but I think it is also pheno related.I've seen two great growers here not finding GT very strong.Did you like all the ones you've grown?I have the fem version with double Thai I think.
Hi Syd the Panama is like nothing I have ever grown its in a league of its own. The first one I grew was also outstanding in every way.
These are fems it stinks so much like a lemon with a sweet skunk aroma.
The Golden Tiger I have grown from seeds released in 2013 and 2015 all fems. I have had three phenos in that time.
The first had round buds like in the web site pic and was very euphoric the second was very lemony and large calyx very up like cocaine in effect.

The best ones for me are the 2015 released fems. Compact with big colas I suppose you would call it Malawi leaning.

The flowers to me have a sweet wild honey sought of smell.
Jar cured or just dried they were not very special, but fermented in a cob cure they are the best high out chewed I dont smoke any more.

Heavy smoking friends rate the cobs the best high they have had and are always wanting more. The high chewed is euphoric and energetic but its the cartoon like trippy effects that I like the most.
It transforms me into another world for 6 to 8 hours where everything is new like a child or Alice in wonderland type of effect.
I find beauty in the most mundane things to me its like taking ecstacy I love everything and every one.
An ex junky friend of mine said its like medicine to him the world and his life become so content and beautiful. He is always after more and said one day under the effects of some cob 'man I would do anything for you man"
Then realising how gay he sounded he quickly said "well almost anything".

I am very one eyed but I truly believe unless sativas are fermented properly when curing you stay with the raw product high and thats very boring compared to where they can go if cured properly.

The last grow of GT that I cobbed is so strong I can chew 0.2g and get nicely tripped out and smoking you only need a pin joint.
When I see plants nicely grown and then dried and jar cured.
I think what a waste of a good plant and loose interest straight away.
So I can believe what you say about people getting disappointed in the effects even when grown properly.
In the end its different strokes for different folks all the time.

Tangwena

Veteran
I hope i didn't come across as a know it all my friend your grows are pretty spectacular and mine are adequate at best. I just believe with all my heart that the cure is where its at.

G

I really have to disagree and calling the plant in your avatar "adequate" is a huge understatement at best. :) I cannot compete with years of knowledge in growing/toking/cobbing .You among others like Madmac,Orfeas,Mayan and Terpene are the reason I joined the club.And your smoke reports the reason I got the GT.So , yeah,adequate :biggrin:
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. :tiphat:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi friend :)

Really happy to see your new indoor cycle full of ACE genetics, much appreciated.
With the classic resinous, fast flowering and strong smelling Panama pheno and with the classic Golden Tiger Malawi killer pheno that you like so much :D

Thank you very much for giving a try to some of our latest crosses, i'm sure you will do a great job with them! The Panama x Honduras is obviously slower than straight Panama, as Honduras is not so tamed and has a longer flowering time, but i can see quite desirable influence from both strains in the hybrid, it should produce a very high quality central american sativa smoke.

The Malawi x Ethiopian is showing clearly strong ethiopian influence, with its slow start in the flowering, and with its long, thin and lanky branching. Hopefully the outcome of this new african hybrid will delight an african sativa lover like you ;)

Blessings! dubi

Tangwena

Veteran
Dubi these plants are amazing you should feel proud. i have never grown anything like this Panama and the Honduras cross is every bit as special. The resin is forming now and the buds getting very heavy.
If I grew this on its own in my closet it could easily fill it. The smell is also very strong I can smell the Panama in it but it has a very exciting deep fruity smell on top five star plant.

The thing that has blown me away though is the Golden Tiger its nearly ready to my eyes getting very close and next week is the start of week 7 I think. I will post pics on Monday but its very fast.
Though I only count flowering from first pistils so you could add 2 weeks if you count from the flip. Its still very fast and the smell is the same honey smell I love so much.

I get lost in your genetics my friend superb breading.

I almost forgot I took down the Kalichina x Zamaldelica at week 6 by my counting probably a week early but they had stopped growing and looked finished again would be week 8 if you count from the flip they flowered very fast.
I am sweating the buds right now I will post pics on Manday they look awesome and have changed color and look nice. The two phenos had different smells I will see what the fermentation cure can bring out.

I am hoping the Malawi x Ethiopian finish nicely they were crowded in my small box and need space to grow. I love the smell it brings back memories of good Malawi I had not smelt in ages. I think the high will be very special cured traditional Malawi style its a gem.

Tangwena

Veteran
Panama and Panama x Honduras

Panama and Panama x Honduras

These two are truly great plants the Panama just keeps budding its only just starting to get amber pistils on the very first set its got a way to go.
I have a clone of this that I topped and is starting to flower its going to have two big fat colas like this single cola plant.
the cobs from this will be nothing short of caviar to me.

The next plant is the Honduras cross I could grow this all year long it smells divine like the Panama but with more tropical fruit added.
Its just starting to hit its stride its going to be very fat and will soon need supporting.
Again the first flush of pistils is only now starting to turn amber.
I think both these need another 4 to 6 weeks before harvest.

Tangwena

Veteran
Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger

Last week I thought this had stopped growing but it was just catching its breath ha ha.
Its putting on some serious flowering starting week 8.
This has got another 4 to 6 weeks to go maybe a little less.
I have a clone of this just starting flowering and its just going to be one huge cola.
No sign of the nute burn on the clone though. This one suffered a bit as its sharing a tub with the Panama which loves nutes.
The GT likes a bit less nutes but is still putting out I love this plant its going to give me a nice fat cob or maybe two not bad for a plant that was on 11/13 from 7 days old.

Tangwena

Veteran
Malawi x Ethiopian

Malawi x Ethiopian

Well Dubi confirmed my suspicion that these are Ethiopian leaning and I couldn't be happier they are just starting week 7.

The delicate buds are just starting to put some weight on and I suspect they will fatten up nicely over the next 6 weeks or so.

The smell is what has me exited there is none of that heavy oil smell of the Malawi just a sweet lime floral smell very refined and delicate.
I want a lot of these buds to cure I have a special recipe just for them in my head.
If I am lucky I will get some champagne cobs, sure you can get a double whisky but sometimes a little bubbly is all you want.

ULMW

Lovely combo indeed! Nice looking plants Tangwena. Do they have the Ethiopian domant structure too, like the classic Xmas tree? Or are they lanky legs like Malawis often get. Happy growing!