What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Anyone else love Zamaldelica and making crosses with it?

nksv

Update on Zam/SS Haze and Zam/Orient Express. At week 12 now, dripping with frost but not quite ready, clouds are forming so hopefully just one more week. It's definately the Zamaldelica influence as the pheno I used to cross went for ages but was a wonderful uplifting smoke.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nksv,

Very curious to see pics of your Zamaldelica hybrids, especiallly the Orient Express x Zamaldelica in late flowering.

Last edited:

nksv

Hi nksv,

Very curious to see pics of your Zamaldelica hybrids, especiallly the Orient Express x Zamaldelica in late flowering.

Hey dubi, I was unable to get pics as I am not set up with 'secret' photography atm. I didn't think I would even been very active in the forums but I do plan on getting set up now with better documentation...and that I do enjoying sharing the Ace love.

I do have an some further info. She was chopped yesterday at 12/13 weeks. She was a bit of an experiement...started from seed but I was amazing at how fat she got. Just a little thing but the smell is amazing...it seems as though both the OE and Zam came through fairly equally. I don't have huge experience but I have grown both these strains before (my favs, hence why I got them to love each other up! haha)

REALLY easy to grow but I go have lots of permaculture/ gardening experience so I look after them pretty well. They're grown in a budget/ghetto micro set up but no hermie and performed well under a mars hydro 300w LED set up.

I have a bag of seeds so will def run again. They are drying atm and I cannot wait to sample! It may be a wait as your last order came through and I have all those other cross plans - as well as smoke plans with all the others. I am actually getting a bit overwhelmed but it's wonderful! Thanks so much for providing all the fun mate. I'll check back in with a smoke report and hopefully some bud pics...

The Sam Skunkman mystery haze/ zamaldelica is still going though...smelling very mango. Can't wait for that one also. I am pretty sure the haze is pure sativa or mostly so, she looked as such when growing...really long thin leaves. My friend grew it and I was lucky enough to get a cut and cross with zamaldelica. The smoke from the SS haze was really intense so they will make a great match. Super vigorous and all seeds pop overnight. weeeeeeeeee!

I will hopefully get photos happening at some stage, I feel like I am teasing with all this info and no pics! Sorry!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nksv,

Don't worry, i was just curious about the flowering traits and plant structure of your Orient Express x Zamaldelica hybrid, both strains have quite different type of aromas and vibes, so the mix should be curious, with the potential to produce maybe something new.
I'm glad the hybrid worked well and that you didn't have any hermie problem with it.

The Haze x Zamaldelica must be a very very interesting sativa hybrid too! ;)

earthwyrms

bruce banner BX 2.0 male x (jalisco IBL male x zamaldelica females) female :D
whooooooo

(i'm on a hybrid period) and an uptown haze theory to test

dubi, the (green haze x meao thai) x gypsy nirvana zamal would be awesome (i think)

nksv

yeah, the aromas are amazing on the OE/Z - can't pick it as yet but it's very addictive to smell. Cannot wait to see how she smokes! I'll keep you posted after a decent cure....

nksv

Tested the Orient Express/ Zamaldelica lady. Being as she was one of my first experimental crosses I am extremely happy to report the smoke to be what I hoped for. Both parents had a very uplifting/ super sonic high to them and this is what came through on the cross. Tasted more on the OE side of things. Strong sativa dom without paranoia....she's turned out to be my fav smoke.
Thanks ACE for having these genes available so we can explore them even further into wonderful realms!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi nksv,

So nice to hear it :) I'm glad you have had good results with the Orient Express x Zamaldelica hybrid you did with our genetics. I think these positive results with your own first hybrid will encourage you to continue learning and exploring with your own breeding.

nksv

I already am! haha. I have a bunch of Ace stuff in veg right now as mentioned; more Zamaldelica. New ones for me are Panama, Kali/Nep Jam and Panama/Malawi. I have Tikal but she didn't make it - have another seed as back up though. However, I have not discovered any runts and they all look great so far...all reallt strong and healthy in my ghetto conditions.

Now, this Zamaldelica/ Sam Haze (from the mix pack) went totally purple! It is cold here now but I have grown Zamaldelica during cold times and never any purple. Any ideas where the purple could come from? I chopped her down at 14 weeks btw (cloudy trichs/no amber), could be a great one!

nksv

Smoke update on the Sam Skunkman mixed pack haze and Zamaldelica cross I made. I'm not great at reports btw. haha. I haven't let this strain cure as yet as I was way too excited to try her out. Weirdly, when ground up, the smell is like strawberry candy, there's some carrot in there but the smell is not what I expected. Whilst in flower it was pretty mango dominate. Strange. But holy hell this smoke packs a punch. Strongest weed I've had in some time just face punching high. haha. I can't wait to let it cure some more...this is some very strong stuff, feels pure sat but unsure of what's in Sams haze but it's bloody good. It's actually quite trippy which I was really hoping for! Very introspective, rabbit tunnel of thoughts and music is 7 dimensional! haha

Another great successful cross with the Zam.

nksv

Update. Wonderful Panama stud about to bukakke some pollen on a new Zam lady - all from a recent ACE order. This should be a good one. He'll get some party pollen on a mandala Satori and Panama/Malawi fem also, for some extra fun...maybe the Kali China/Nep Jam fem to, why not eh?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Update. Wonderful Panama stud about to bukakke some pollen on a new Zam lady - all from a recent ACE order. This should be a good one. He'll get some party pollen on a mandala Satori and Panama/Malawi fem also, for some extra fun...maybe the Kali China/Nep Jam fem to, why not eh?

Hi nksv,

Yes, it should produce a really nice hybrid. We have already produced a similar hybrid, by crossing Panama Goddess (F10) and our selected Zamaldelica F1 male. Levitationofme already has tested out this Panama x Zamaldelica new hybrid and he enjoyed a lot with the results. I'm curious about the outcome of the opposite cross: Zamaldelica x Panama, you never know, you can get a quite different outcome when you are crossing the same strains in different order and with different parental plants.

A hybrid between Nepal Jam/Kali China and Panama could have great potential too! Please, keep us updated!

nksv

I plan on it!

Keep it mind, I grow 'ghetto' micro and it's the middle of winter and these strains are going great. It's an experiment to see whether I can get these amazing sativas happening within my conditions. My success with Zamadelica has been amazing with their stamina. This my first grow with Panama, REALLY happy with this guy. He smells of strawberries atm and the Zam lady is pure carrot, vigorous and dense; this combo should be a great!

Surprisingly the Kali China/NJ is really really slow. She started out thriving but has really slowed down. I'm not giving up though..I don't think she liked being topped.

Once I have the Panama male done, I'll get onto my wonderful Thai Zamaldelica male and he'll bust some nuts on some special strains....oh I need more space! haha

I also have two Haze/KC fems which I am looking forward to playing around with.

Here's my first attempt.

picture.php

Zamaldelica male
picture.php

Critical Jack female
picture.php

nksv

update, going to pop my haze/kali china fem and hook her up with my thai zam male. I hope for some psychedelic adventures!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
update, going to pop my haze/kali china fem and hook her up with my thai zam male. I hope for some psychedelic adventures!

Hi nksv,

Purple 23/Kali China 21 -4 female x Zamaldelica male sounds superb! :yes:

Hi OlDirtyHuman,

Please don't cross our sativa landrace strains with Critical!:badday:
Just joking :) Do whatever you want with them hehehehehe

I know, I got a bunch of Jack crosses when I started buying seeds and did some pollen chucking. Dubi, any interesting non-ACE plants growing in your garden?