What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Stinkys Backyard Greenhouse Med Grow 2016

stinky

Hey folks thought I would start a journal detailing my backyard greenhouse medical grow. I have been around for a while and was on Overgrow before coming here. OG had a real nice Greenhouse section and I miss all the folks that I used to share with.

Short info about myself. Half a century old I started growing medically after neck and back fusion surgery about 11 years ago. My doctors tried to kill me with massive amounts of opiates for chronic pain. Very difficult time the last 10 years half a dozen close calls with death. First of the year 2016 I gave all that shit up and now just use cannabis for chronic back pain.

On to the garden. Simple down and dirty PVC greenhouse, cheap 6mil plastic, measures about 16 X 20 feet. Started plants in 1 gallon pots, then 5, then 15 gallon fabric, then changed my mind and planted directly in soil. Fox Farm Ocean Forest, Mushroom Compost, Worm Castings and some other added items.

Strains that I had available were:

Casey Jones
Afgooey
Northern Lights X Big Bug
Blue Cheese
Cotton Candy
Girl Scout Cookies

Group shot of 12 plants 3 rows of 4 plants each
picture.php

Blue Cheese
picture.php

Blue Cheese
picture.php

Afgooey
picture.php

Blue Cheese
picture.php

Last edited:

stinky

Cotton Candy
picture.php

Cotton Candy
picture.php

Blue Cheese Stem
picture.php

Casey Jones
picture.php

Casey Jones
picture.php

Last edited:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
your plant are looking real nice there
that hoop house is going to be jam packed when they start to flower

so what is what here?

esp your 5.15 post
that main stalk looks like she is going to be a real producer!

hvae you grown any of these strains before?

stinky

Sorry about that I went back and gave names to the pictures. Also I was mistaken about the size of the greenhouse. It measures 16 X 20 with a center of 9 feet.

The smallest plant is the GSC. The largest plants are the Blue Cheese about 5 x 5 x 6. the Casey Jones has very thick stems and is about 5 or 6 feet. Afgooey is smaller around 3 x 3.

I have grown the Blue Cheese and the NL x Big Bud in the past.

Thanks for looking! :tiphat:

FoothillFarming

NICE!

What a great spot for a greenhouse in that garden. Nice work.

Kind of looks like a castle/greenhouse. I deem her Cannelot! (Camelot for cannabis)

At first glace I thought the pavers on the cart were pizza boxes, lol. I was like, "Dam, got the munchies, lol"

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
awsome!
i might have to give the cotton candy a try, that is a beautiful plant man
really looking foreward to hearing how she smokes!

were these grown from seed or did you get some cuts from a shop?

stinky

Hey there,

Thanks for taking a look guys... I am trying and hope to harvest some much needed medicine this year. The greenhouse is more for the grasshoppers and budworms I seem to battle each and every year. Last year I had five or six plants in that same space without the greenhouse. Even though I was out there every day picking those frigging budworms out of my flowers and reluctantly spraying with BT I still had shit in my shit.

I am hoping this year will be different. In the picture it does not show the mesh netting I have put up on the ends of the greenhouse. It lets plenty of light and wind through but no bugs. Hopefully I will have everything sealed up good and those white moths can just go fly somewhere else.

I have a couple fans running 24/7 but wonder if I should put an exhaust fan in there as well? Anybody have any opinions please chime in.

Pop Rocks I had my hands full the beginning of this year so just got some clones from asoothingseed.com. Up north of me about 45 min they always have nice healthy clones that were started from seed. I was/am able to trace all strains back to the breeder.

While I do love what I have going on right now I miss starting from seed. REGULAR seeds with male and female genes. There are a couple folks I need to contact on these boards but I hope to get my medical seed collection in order soon so I can start to look for that one strain that will be my go to med. :canabis:

I do have a few seed packs I ordered a while back that I will most likely be sprouting this year.

Buddha Tahoe OG
Deadhead OG
Chem Valley Kush

Black Destroyer
CBD Shark Shock
Apothecary Chem 91

White Critical
White Rhino
Pakistan Valley
Lemon OG Haze
Kali AK

I swear some strains are starting to flower in the greenhouse already and will post up a few pics when I can.

Stinky

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
holy crap dude, thats jsut up the way from me!
i def have to drop in and take a look at what they have next time im in that area

ive actually returned to seed myself this year
its not as easy as growing from clones and its tough when your beauty of a plant turns out to be a male, but there is this feeling adventure everytime i sprout some new beans

stinky

Hey there,

Here are a few pictures of the garden currently. Had the Afgooey, NL X BB and Cotton Candy start throwing pistols around July 1st. Other strains Blue Cheese and Casey Jones are just now starting to grow pistols.

Watering about every four days... everything is stretching and stems are getting thicker.

Anybody have any guesses what this small 12 plant medical garden will produce?

Thanks for looking!

Sky shot of Blue Cheese
picture.php

Other Blue Cheese plant
picture.php

Garden shot
picture.php

NL X BB
picture.php

Afgooey
picture.php

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Love the hoop house, stinky! I was going to do something similar this year for the exact same reason, but other things came up. I may have to start building my own now that I have the time. The netting is a great idea. Should keep those damn white butterfly things out of your plants. Budworms are no bueno.

I'm gonna go along with you for the ride if you don't mind. Should be a fun grow to watch.

HB.

Buddler

Veteran
Hey there,

Here are a few pictures of the garden currently. Had the Afgooey, NL X BB and Cotton Candy start throwing pistols around July 1st. Other strains Blue Cheese and Casey Jones are just now starting to grow pistols.

Watering about every four days... everything is stretching and stems are getting thicker.

Thanks for looking!

Nice Stinky I'm guessing lb per plant ,love that hoop house on my bucket list.:tiphat:Thanks Bud

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
Hey there,

Thanks for looking!

Sky shot of Blue Cheese
View Image

Other Blue Cheese plant
View Image

Garden shot
View Image

NL X BB
View Image

Afgooey
View Image

hopefully they will all ripen a few week apart too
makes trimming that much weed a lot easier

lets hope the greenhouse can contain these gals!
esp the plant on the upper left in your garden shot, if she is jsut starting to stretch, she is going to be a beauty
/consider using some lst if needed

your yield from all this, prob a couple handfuls if your lucky!

B gump

I'm thinking you should be able to pull down a solid 25# as long as they stay healthy. Especially if you stagger the harvest on each plant. Cut only the top colas when they're ready and let the bottom fluffy stuff fill in for 3 more weeks. You should pick up an extra 25-30% of good flower, instead of getting a bunch of fluff if you cut the whole plant down at one time. just my 2 cents. Good luck, plants are looking good.

Latest posts

Latest posts