What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Honduras sativa

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
Few pics:
picture.php

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
Bagged her yesterday... couldn't resist "testing" her.

Took 9 days for her to dry.

End up smoking like 4 spliffs made from the de-seeded buds; ultra smooth smoke, love the effect!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I am running two Honduras and chopped the male and smoked most of the top. Quite a bright energizing effect, reminds me of old Mexican pot. Pure sativa. Some laughs to be had too.

Hope the female is similar.

I will add that I smoked some and got pretty ripped and managed to describe some technical points of plumbing problems I was having to the plumber. Does not whack you out of being functional.

Exactly yesum ;)

That's the vibe of this sativa strain. Although the growth and flowering traits of the Honduras reminds me a lot old Colombian sativas, her effect is clear, bright, energetic and laugh inducing .... very similar compared to the old pure sativa mexican strains of my youth before they started to get contaminated with indica genetics.

Hope you manage to ripe your female to fully enjoy the qualities of our Honduras sativa. Best wishes.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I have two female
TIKAL R7 (Peachy Incense Pheno) x Honduras

The Tikal leaner is bushier cola's are Intense Peach smelling..

The Honduras (leaner below) larger structure has an electric Berry smell with the softer Peach Background.. heavenly smelling...

View Image]View Image[/URL]

Thanks Brotherman, It's nice to provide family & friends some "SPECIAL XMAS CHEER"

Again Theses two ladies are Tikal R7(Peachy Incense Pheno) x Honduras..

Yea never smelled anything like this for sure..
I'll know in a few weeks about the effect, the Tikal leaner is down as of 10 minutes ago .. The Honduras leaner is going to go a little longer ..

The Honduras leaner.. Yes Yes, I'm A little light on Nitrogen But I'm not adding any at this point of flower ...

View Image

Looking beautiful Repuk...! Gonna be tasty it sounds...

This is Tikal x Honduras.. Honduras Pheno.. Berries smell not quite as intense as it was but it's there..!
All the heavy lifting is done, just coasting downhill with anticipation..

The Tikal leaner peach is down jarred and the smell so far has translated to the final product..

Hi ThermalRider :)

Thank you very much for giving a try to our latest works, much appreciated!

Although we are starting to explore new central american sativa hybrid combinations (many of them include Honduras and some will be released very soon) we haven't had the time to explore this Tikal x Honduras regular hybrid yet so your feedback about it is much appreciated.

Glad to know you have already harvested a couple of Tikal x Honduras and that you have enjoyed with the terpene profiles they have produced during their flowering. This new hybrid seems to be quite tamed for indoor growing (at least it's not extremely tropical), more Tikal influenced is my guess based on your pics.

Can't wait to know your opinion about them after a proper drying and curing process ;) Enjoy your well deserved harvest!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi dubi, i was wondering if you ever got around to seeding the purple honduras with your panama (goddess) to produce the feminized seeds you mentioned a few months backs in terpenes thread?

Hi robotwithdreams,

Yes we did ;) Indeed Honduras x Panama hybrid will be released in both regular and feminized format in early January 2019 as limited editions. Our selected purple Honduras (7) female was pollinated by Panama Goddess reversed pollen to produce the feminized version, while the regular version was produced by pollinating Panama Goddess with our best 3 purple Honduras males.

More news very soon! :tiphat: Thanks for your interest!

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
View Image

She wasn't as pollinized as the Ethiopian, and has reflowered:

View Image

More purple colombian influence, yay! :dance013:

Floral, musky, fruity aroma.

What a honduran beauty friend ;)

As i commented in your thread, the purple pheno produces imo the most desirable expressions of this sativa strain (better and more quantity of terpenes, higher THC content and stronger effect too than the yellow mexican pheno).

Your Honduras female may could produce a much better yield with more nutrients during her flowering, without being pollinated in early flowering and with sunnier days in October and November .... but i must admit i'm completely surrender by the beauty of her flowers before harvest. :eyelash: Looks like a really good pheno to produce offspring with her.

Bagged her yesterday... couldn't resist "testing" her.

Took 9 days for her to dry.

End up smoking like 4 spliffs made from the de-seeded buds; ultra smooth smoke, love the effect!

Glad to hear it. Enjoy her! :yes:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
I love Honduran in the morning, it's like a jolt of caffeine for the mind, focus, introspective, creative and it's perfect for arranging my schedule for the day and getting things done (unlike some strains, where I don't get past arranging my schedule). I can get an amazing amount of work done when I smoke Honduran.

I have quite a bit coming up on a 4 month cure, so yesterday, I made Honduran infused coconut oil, doubling up on the Honduran, then used it to make chocolate. One small square will get your blood and brain racing.
Today, I made Honduran bubble hash from the same batch of Honduran. Anyway, I think I'll be starting my mornings each day for a while with some hash and chocolate with my coffeeView Image
Peace, God bless
[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=77605&pictureid=1903311&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]

These are two clones of the Honduran, Green Mexican Pheno that are still in the greenhouse. I also let nature flip these into flower. It could be a January harvest? I crossed both of their lower branches with my male Honduran, as well as with my male Malawi. I have already harvested some Honduran seeds and the Malawi x Honduran I also pollinated my Thai leaning GT with the Honduran male, seeds harvested. I hope to find time to grow some of those out next year. It's always fun and interesting to see what comes out.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78801&pictureid=1905077&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] [URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78801&pictureid=1905078&thumb=1]View Image[/URL]
Peace, God bless

So happy to hear it SolarLogos :)

You are describing her effect perfectly. Glad you are also appreciating the uplifting physical and immaculate cerebral qualities of your Honduras harvest. Like a good coffee in the morning, for me she is also perfect to start the day motivated yet with the psique intact and with the motivation enhanced to focus on work and day activities.

The Honduras inside your greenhouse look like still need a few weeks more of flowering so hopefully you can still bring them into January for a proper ripening.

My Gosh! That home made infused chocolate and the bubble hash made from the Honduras look simply delicious. :yummy:
That would be my chosen menu to start working days. Enjoy! ;)

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Looks almost done! Well done willydread! ;)
Glad to see you managed to flower your Honduras properly until the end and that you also produced seeds with her!

The more and more feedback we are receiving from different growers growing this Honduras sativa in different places and conditions the more i'm convinced of the strong connection between this line and old pure sativa colombian sativas.

The purple Honduras pheno indeed looks very similar to Purple Haze pheno of Oldtimer's Haze and Purple Haze hybrids like Purple Haze x Thai, although aromas are slightly different and Phylos genetic analyses have not shown any direct relationship between Honduras and Oldtimer's Haze so i think it is safe to say that although both lines have similar traits (especially when comparing purple phenos of both strains) and may share common ancestors, yet both lines are currently enough distant (genetically speaking) to consider them different cultivars.

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
What a honduran beauty friend ;)

As i commented in your thread, the purple pheno produces imo the most desirable expressions of this sativa strain (better and more quantity of terpenes, higher THC content and stronger effect too than the yellow mexican pheno).

:woohoo:

dubi said:
Your Honduras female may could produce a much better yield with more nutrients during her flowering, without being pollinated in early flowering and with sunnier days in October and November .... but i must admit i'm completely surrender by the beauty of her flowers before harvest. :eyelash: Looks like a really good pheno to produce offspring with her.

Glad to hear it. Enjoy her! :yes:

Yes, I screwed completely... :wallbash: the positive outcome are the seeds, as there should be ethiopian crosses, but also another Honduras purple male, so will do indoor pheno hunting for next outdoor season!

I'm really impressed by the smoke, was ultrasmooth with just 9 days of (really slow due to high humidity and temps) drying, cannot imagine once a month of curing sets in!

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
picture.php

Thanks Dubi! Here you can see Honduras (green) alongside oldtimer haze x thai (blue), some buds have the same color, only by sniffing them you can tell the difference ...

Ps looking good, in the middle there is a smaller plant, it is a green pheno of Honduras, the same plant with the wide leaves that I had shown you some time ago...

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The thing I noticed about Honduras, is that it started to bloom after the haze thai, but it swelled quickly, with great vigor, the purple pheno with its narrow and slightly sagging leaves is really very beautiful...

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Smoked a couple hits of my plant. Got that brightening effect with some positive feelings like the old Mexican lines would provide.

Potency is fine. Taste I guess average. Revegging the plant. Puts a glow on the world effect. Took mine down with no amber resin and lots of white pistils.

Blast from the past for sure. Thanks dubi and Honduras.

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
The harvest time has arrived, it was a strange year, the plants have passed storms, mites, caterpillars, and recently even fog and frost...
I got two pheno, one green, with slightly wider leaves, totally pollinated, and one violet, beautiful, with elegantly narrow leaves, very vigorous and productive,both had a unique fragrance of geranium, which has recently evolved into an equally singular aroma of ....... well I could not describe it, remember a sausage, mortadella, I could not describe it in English ....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

repuk

Altruistic Hazeist
Veteran
willydread said:
had a unique fragrance of geranium, which has recently evolved into an equally singular aroma of ....... well I could not describe it, remember a sausage, mortadella, I could not describe it in English ....

On mine that unidentifiable note became like roasted peanuts, though is still difficult putting a name on it.