What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

PPK staring Grateful Casey and friends

hotboxes

Hello everyone I am back in action after my last mishap a few months back, and I already have it pegged at full speed ahead. after getting settled back in my old spot I had popped a few beans trying to salvage some what of my winter season. I ordered some Grateful Casey beans about 3 months ago and popped one along with the doctor from greenhouse seeds, and apple jack from seedisms. The Doctor and the apple jack were freebies so I am not to worried about them as much as the Casey. These first 2 shots are of the CSG grateful Casey pack and man where they worth the $100 for the 5 beans. The one that I popped has been on cruise control at around 200 MPH as you will see all of the plants are around the same age. The casey and the Apple Jack were popped at the same time and the doctor about a week later, the doctor was very slow it almost never made it past a seedling the shell didn't want to release from the plant so the first set of leaves were very pale and took a good 2 weeks to start to develop. These first 5 shots were from about 2 weeks ago before I put everything into PPK's. The third shot is of the casey at 4 weeks from seed and the 4th shot is of the 3 of them together in the veg tent and the last is of the Casey again.

On the next page I will show some updated pics of about a week ago till now. I have everything over in the big tent vegging under a quantum 1000 MH at 8 hours on 4 hours off. till around the 18th of feb. then everything will be flipped no matter how big they are. I am running out of time if I wait any longer, but they are all fitted into PPK's so I don't think I need to worry about them getting big enough if anything the Casey will be touching the ceiling before she is flipped but that's not a bad thing. so far so good I am still working out a few kinks here and there but for the most part everything is falling into place. any comments are welcomed hope everyone enjoys my thread. I will be updating on a weekly basis to show how great these PPK's grow some plants.

Attachments

• jays 009.jpg
    jays 009.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 31
  • jays 010.jpg
    jays 010.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 31
  • jays 001.jpg
    jays 001.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 27
  • jays 016.jpg
    jays 016.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 26
  • jays 003.jpg
    jays 003.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 28

hotboxes

Continued

Continued

These next set of pics are off the PPK set-up and a cpl of the tent and the plants. The ppk is mostly pieces of equipment I had lying around the only thin I needed to get was the 3/4" pvc that I used for the plumbing everything else I had on hand and thank god cause I am on a serious budget this grow. Everything will be run maxibloom kiss with a slight modification at the end but we will get into that later on. the next page will be of all the plants I know you can only see 2 of the 3 in the picture on this page you can barely see the top of the doctor over top of the add back bucket but she is there, everything will be tied up to the chicken wire I have up on the walls. I braced the wall of the tent with 1/2 " pvc pipe so when I have the exhaust fan up higher the walls wont suck in, I had a problem with that my last grow. I really don't need that sort of thing happening now that I am using a 1000. The Mh will be used till the end of stretch then I will be using a hortilux 1000 HPS till the end of flower.

Attachments

• jays 043.jpg
    jays 043.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 25
  • jays 054.jpg
    jays 054.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 33
  • jays 031.jpg
    jays 031.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 27
  • jays 038.jpg
    jays 038.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 29
  • jays 027.jpg
    jays 027.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 28

hotboxes

continued

continued

these next 3 pics are current from 2 days ago the first is the doctor from GHS, the next is the Apple Jack from seedisms, and the last is the Grateful Casey from CSG hope everyone enjoys my thread and I will see everyone next week when I post up my update, by then I will have the Casey bound to the rack and started training her and hopefully the others shortly after till then see everyone then.

Attachments

• jays 035.jpg
    jays 035.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 32
  • jays 036.jpg
    jays 036.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 29
  • jays 034.jpg
    jays 034.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 26

DamnUglyDogE

Learning the rules well,so as to break them effect
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Welcome back bro... Been missed around these parts....
PPK for the win!!! :woohoo:

Looks like ya off and running strong and I'll just be pullen up the bucket and rollen a few, while ya get em big and dank....
:lurk:
Whats your pulsing schedule like ?

hotboxes

Right now I'm just doing a saturation pulse every 1-1/2 hours for 2 minutes. The doctor and the Apple jack were just potted about 4 days ago so they are still filling into their new pots. Once flower starts I will bump it up to once an hour for the same , 2 minutes. I'm hoping to get some good growth in the ppk vegging for 3 weeks before I flip. Thanks for stopping in bro things are a lil slow but give it a cpl weeks I'm sure it's going to be a great show.

D

DHF

On my bucket over here watchin HB......Now get to dialin and hoonin....:biggrin:......

Peace.....Freds....:ying:....

catman

half cat half man half baked
Veteran
I like your setup. Nice work.

You mentioned that you are in a bit of a rush so why not use 24/7 lighting? I understand there are many opinions out there, but in my experiences less lighting will only help you save on your energy bill while costing you more in time it takes your plants to grow. 1K may seem like a lot of light for plants that size so your probably thinking it's too much, but I think your setup is great aside from the lights not constantly being on. Your vertical light is keeping the hot spots away from your plant and your reflective grow tent will keep light "bouncin all around" like DHF taught me. This is fitting for your situation because you are already running 84F with 45% humidity. I made mistakes in my previous grows by having my bulb too far down. I was always worried about the plants getting too tall, but I think we all want to see your ladies blow up here :)

hotboxes

I like your setup. Nice work.

You mentioned that you are in a bit of a rush so why not use 24/7 lighting? I understand there are many opinions out there, but in my experiences less lighting will only help you save on your energy bill while costing you more in time it takes your plants to grow. 1K may seem like a lot of light for plants that size so your probably thinking it's too much, but I think your setup is great aside from the lights not constantly being on. Your vertical light is keeping the hot spots away from your plant and your reflective grow tent will keep light "bouncin all around" like DHF taught me. This is fitting for your situation because you are already running 84F with 45% humidity. I made mistakes in my previous grows by having my bulb too far down. I was always worried about the plants getting too tall, but I think we all want to see your ladies blow up here :)

Thanks catman and everyone else for stopping by, good question Catman. My rush is cause my lease is up in June and by the looks of things if I don't start by feb. 18 I will be cutting it to close for comfort. Plus I Am experimenting with the 8 on 4 off that D9 has been playplayinging with for some time now, and the logic and theory behind it seems pretty sound. He preaches about umols of light that a plant can metabolize in a light cycle before it's counter productive. This being said and achieved by the man himself. After thought and trial and error I realized after going from 24/0-8/4 that I got more growth a single 8-4 cycle than I would of from a24/0 7 days a week. Believe me I used to preach 24 hours myself until I seen it for myself. D9 broke it down like this a normal , or for better words the 1000 watt bulbs he uses produces enough umols in an 8 period to sustain healthy growth in marijuana plants. So your giving the plant what it needs 2 times a day. Hope this helps and thanks again for the question. Stick around this show is just getting started.

DabOnDabs

Veteran
Looks cool man! Any reason why you prefer the coco to 8822 or turface?

Excited to see how this does. 4 plants around 1k...Thats my shit. Use some back screens and create a wall of weed ;) Or dont, and blow that room up with some big ole bushes! Either way it'll be cool to see!

Good luck, I feel you on the landlord shit; I lost so many nights of sleep growing in someone else's house. Never again.

hotboxes

Looks cool man! Any reason why you prefer the coco to 8822 or turface?

Excited to see how this does. 4 plants around 1k...Thats my shit. Use some back screens and create a wall of weed ;) Or dont, and blow that room up with some big ole bushes! Either way it'll be cool to see!

Good luck, I feel you on the landlord shit; I lost so many nights of sleep growing in someone else's house. Never again.

The coco is just something I already had and I have already run it before with good results plus I'm in a serious budget this grow. It's actually only 3 plants around a 1000 the controller tote is in the door way of the tent , also there is a 3' section of chicken wire going around the tent for that exact reason to make walls-O-weed lol thanks for stopping in Dabs stick around things are just getting started but I have faith. My landlord is pretty chill not that I would want him knowing but I'm just not sure I want to stay there for another year that's why this grow is rushed. Thanks for the questions man

O

otis33

I've had great luck with coco in ppk's and coco in general. I now use chow mix 50/50 coco hydroton and am doing really well with it. I'll be watching your progress, good luck!

hotboxes

Thanks Otis, yeah I love coco its great. I have been using coco for about 4 years now I switched from DWC after I had gotten root rot from not running chillers and never looked back. And ever since my PPK tester may winter you can get the same fast growth in coco as you can achieve from fast hydro like a DWC. My last run was a comparison of PPK's to hand watered smart pots of coco. The results where dramatic to saythe least. My avg. hand watered was 4.5-5 ounces per plant the PPK on the other hand was 14 all by itself. That being said I should hopefully crush that with 3 PPK pants under a 1000 instead of a 600&400 combined. I'm hoping for at least 1 gram/watt this run as long as I get some good growth here in the next 2-1/2 weeks.

flat9

Hey hotboxes I'm also running an Apple Jack right now (from Seedism Seeds) and it looks amazing. Looks to be a HUGE yielder. Have you run her before?

Also, can you explain how you're draining in the smartpot? I prefer coco to the 8822 that everyone seems to be using, and would like to use Geopots (basically the same as smartpots but just a much nicer in my opinion), but I don't know how to construct a tailpiece with those pots. Could you explain it?

hotboxes

Hey hotboxes I'm also running an Apple Jack right now (from Seedism Seeds) and it looks amazing. Looks to be a HUGE yielder. Have you run her before?

Also, can you explain how you're draining in the smartpot? I prefer coco to the 8822 that everyone seems to be using, and would like to use Geopots (basically the same as smartpots but just a much nicer in my opinion), but I don't know how to construct a tailpiece with those pots. Could you explain it?

Hey flat9 thanks for stopping by, first off no I've never run the Apple jack before this is a first time for all these genetics I got her as a freebie when I ordered the grateful Casey same with the doctor but I have heard the same as you about her.

All I did for the smart pots was find the middle of the pot, and cut s small hole in it about 3/4"-1" in diameter big enough for the tail piece but snug enough to hold it. Next I took the lid from the buckets and drilled tons of holes in it and a hole big enough to fit the tail piece, then I would just pull the tail piece threw so the bottom of the pot rests firmly on top then I fill the pots. I got this idea from aliendawg, one of his first PPK setups was in smart pots. Hope this helps man. Also i have been doing more of a saturation every hour for 2 minutes just enough to exchange the food in the pot. This will probably change once flower starts.