What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will the real Purple Kush stand up?

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yea I don't think the SR71 PK is the one everyone thinks it is, I have it and I smoked some Purple Kush grown by a family friends nephew in Mendo for 15yrs and the shit made me puke after smoking a bowl to myself and I'm not a light smoker! The shit had my heart racing all fast and got me sick! I had a 1/4 last me all month cuz I was afraid of the shit! To this day no purple cut has compared to it and it was completely purple the buds were almost grey... I'm hoping to take a trip up there to meet the guy this tear and get some of his cuts cuz he's one of those oldtimer's that don't share his genetics but being a family friend I think I'll get my hands on it and make some crosses!!!

superjoint

purple kush has tasted like purple kush to me forever, first tried it in orleans california area in 94,seen the plants the smoke came from..smoked it on and off for next 7 yrs.we use to get it from family in garberville,,grew a clone i later picked up in williams oregon ,tasted the same and smelled the same as it did in 94, to me its the same

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
53078Picture_1301-med.jpg

53078Picture_1300-med.jpg

There's my SR71 PK and I think it looks more like a Urkle than Ultra Violet don't you??? I'm not even positve my cut came from SR71 my buddy that gave it to me said thats where all his cuts came from so thats all I have to go off of...

It has that grape smell vegs slow as shit starts turning purple in week 5 just like Urkle from what I've read, I'd just like to know what I have cuz I plan to use it in breeding projects this summer....

p.s. those pics were taken in in the begining of week 6 of flower

Last edited:

bigherb

Veteran
thundurkel
thats wat im tlkin bout ,tell him too keep it in the fam

we kno u kill it

i got high hopes wit ya

best of luck

1luvbigherb

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
Yup thats how mine looks at my boys under HID but then again those pics of mine above were in shitty soil with shitty nutes so I'll have to give her another run in Coco this time and let her go 9-10 weeks cuz I hear it starts kicking out the frost late in flower??

its420

Yea Rain, those sound bomb to me! lol
Great pics GetMo!! I wish I could jump start my PK they are holding up my flip to flower, grrr.
Peace

yogadude

I've got the sr71 Purple kush, gdp, urkle, purple bubba, Purple Cream, Purple Candy, Mr. Nice guy, and Grape Ape.

Can you tell me anything about the your Purple Candy? My friend got some Purple Candy cuts from a SoCal..dipensary...they claim it is a purple MK ultra pheno....do you know anything about this?

thanks

yoga

Trillion

083 (2).JPG

093 (2).JPG

089 (2).JPG

Yes the dense round nuggets with crown like calyx formation is very similar to bubba, but bubba it is not.

Packs a much greater whallop than any bubba I've had and carries a perfume purple candy hash aroma along with the kushy flavour instead of the coffee and musk tastes you get with bubba.

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This one came to the LGA as "Purple Kush" ,, it smokes nice (we already sampled it),, now we're all just waiting to grow it out :canabis:

picture.php

bigherb

Veteran
Packs a much greater whallop than any bubba I've had and carries a perfume purple candy hash aroma along with the kushy flavour instead of the coffee and musk tastes you get with bubba

that sounds like pk

she looks illie

which cut is this reported too be?

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Purple kush is Deep Chunk's middle name.
Tom told me that a long time ago..anyway,sure there are several purple strains out there that originated in the Hindu Kush range :)

bigherb

Veteran
Tom told me that a long time ago..anyway,sure there are several purple strains out there that originated in the Hindu Kush range

you have mentioned this before i find it interesting,in discussions ive seen her thought to be of pakistani lineage n also compared to kaluia kid i believe his old world paki kush

i understand your quite familiar wit dc she has always intruiged me since i saw her in the cannabible,altho her traits share similarities i dont believe her too be the real purple kush

im curious to know what tom thought are on pk becaz as you state several strains originated in the hindu kush region

im also very interested to kno of the frankincense pheno in deep chunk i believe ive seen this trait reported in the line more than once,are you familiar wit this pheno?

1luvbigherb

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hola bigherb,
When you smell burning DC,"incense" is the first thing that comes to mind :D
But imVho is not the same "botafumeiro" smell lol...it´s very unique and unmistakeable.
Tom told me that about PK,but he posted here @ icmag that DC goes/went under several names...Hindu Death Cabbage (kush=death)
The Goddess,It,Monkey Balls...I´m sure that the post is still here but I don´t remember which thread sry :)

bigherb

Veteran
sup raco

Hola bigherb,
When you smell burning DC,"incense" is the first thing that comes to mind
But imVho is not the same "botafumeiro" smell lol...it´s very unique and unmistakeable

well she has been high on my most wanted n its now a must

i lov the incense traits particularly botafumerio/frankincense but i hav other stock that might hold the franks i soo highly desire

i understand the dc line has many alias ,but wen you say tom told me that id like to kno if tom is insisting that the real deal pk many kno n lov that has been in socal since the early 80's is his DEEP CHUNK line

soo im askin exactly wats tom thoughts on the purple kush

again dc is a purple kush but i dont believe thee purple kush

1luvbigherb

much thanks brotha

1luvbigherb

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tom told me that a long time ago..anyway,sure there are several purple strains out there that originated in the Hindu Kush range :)

Afghan Hindu Kush [HQS] gave some purple and pink hues in lineage :D

7253AHK31.JPG

7253AHK38.JPG