What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Will the real Purple Kush stand up?

bigherb

Veteran
az

like that huh, ive always been interested in tasting bubba flav stonesounds like my type of smoke , but i sware that ive not smoked anything more potent than the p.kush not yet a least

1luvbigherb

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
The Sr-71 cut is not Urkle! It is the Ultraviolet cut that has been renamed. I will try to explain so everyone gets it. Now before I say anymore lets just put it out there that everyone in this thread has already said they dont know if they have the real cut or not - even the master RR!! This quote is from Capt Cript. regarding his work with the clone from Trich Tech.(Ultraviolet clone) - Quoted from the Ultraviolet Project thread

Foe,
Yes I know there is a clone called Ultra Violet!!!It's the clone I'm using,it's not Leda Uno...LOL!!!But is a Purple Kush...If you read HT back in the day you will remember a crew known as Trichome Tech...Growers known as K and Sharky...
I am working to stabilize this clone through an outcross and inbreeding...
so what I am working on IS the UV cut...It would seem the work you are doing is misleading,,,yes???
Take care nonetheless........................................CC

Now if you check out their page in the grow bible you will see Trich Techs Ultaviolet there with a little explanation. But if you need more lets go down below or check out page 57 in the SR-71 thread.

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/57749421trichometech_.jpg

Here you will find that the SR-71 cut came from these guys and is a PK renamed for their catalog.

Not trying to cause a stir and I will just try to ignore that comment about us Norcal growers. Or the corny lie about the cut being stolen and renamed by us NorCal boys. The thing that is funny is that you say the real PK tastes like Menthol and other smells and stays mostly green. But the cut that smells like grapes goes dark purple, gets way more frostier than any picks I have seen in this thread is the fake?
I may be country dumb but dont pee on my leg and tell me its rainin!! I will just have to keep my fake, potent, grapey, non-green cut of supposed Urkle/cross while you lucky fellas have your way with the real thing that may or may not be the real thing. Sucks to be me but someone has to do it! This prolly isnt GDP either!

Last edited:

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Good info Rainman. Thanks for posting it up.
Everything I was told about the cut I have was corrected a few months ago by someone who knows the source. She is an older clone and has been called PK for quite some time here.
Would love to see my friend pop in and give some history on her as I don't want to get the info wrong.
Could she be related to Bubba? Who knows. Similar traits but very distinct differences that set her apart and above Bubba.
Could she be the original PK? I seriously doubt it. But she is good enough, whatever she is, to keep a place in my garden. She just that good IMO. And you know how opinions go eh?
The only way I'd ever call anything original these days would be if I started her from seed myself. And with all the bs surrounding these so called Kushes, don't know if I'd even throw that out there as 99.998%(+/-.002%) would believe I was lying anyway.hehe
And, I agree with ya about the Norcal statements, you guys been rolling out some killer dank for years. And hope to see it continue for decades to come!

lovelightpower

Veteran
i got a 3 PK clones from canada,
i flowered 1 and turned the other 2 into mothers, then later turned them into cuttings.
gonna flower about 4 or 5 cuts next week i reckon.

my cut def sounds like the real deal, does anyone else get undertones of soft lemon flavours as well?

Rainman

Veteran
RR - You are the man and I respect your work on here completely. I just tire of the same old argument that the PK that everyone has is not the real deal some how but no one can give definitive answers on other cuts that are called the original. Your girl looks lovely by the way and I know it was fire whatever it is. I feel the same about it as you do as well though - if it is special and earns a pot in the garden I dont really care what its called. Again no disrespect to you as that was not my intention.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Rainman-no offense taken what so ever man. I fully understand/understood where you were going with your post. It's usually fun to see where these type of threads go anyway. Would damn sure love to try the "original" just to see if I liked it better than then plant I've got. hehe

bigherb

Veteran
rainman

i feel you bro.its sad that many claim to hav this and that but there no definitive answers perfect example o.haze n hbh .but is just more upsetting to me about purple kush caz i smoked her and she is top 3 all time so its like a lost love,she didnt pass shes still here but were thats wat makes it so hard .

similar wit the o.haze everyone claims it was the best ever but shes gone yyy.not available in cs or your local dispensary .i forgot the influx of indies n harsher laws thats bullshit .sativa dom take 10wks n beta o.haze 14-16 wats 2 3 wks for holy grail.
this really gets me especiall caz i believe we hav a hbh heirloom cut in nyc frankie bb.
wat happen to amsterdam our genetic vault having her since the 80's but not easily available more like near impossible .crazy wit our technolgy and progress that certain strains seem lost forever not available as smoke or cuttings or hybrids.yyy havnt breeders offered us these strains how come no one works wit original purple kush or o.haze

rr
if ur cut anint real deal id lov to her
hows ur friend ?is she considering joining this discussion
any more info as to her history? humbolt ,panther gap ,bring back from a vet outside petrolia

1luvbigherb

Slipklot

I have had a purple kush cut even before this BS kush craze.. Would show pics but can't upload shit or dunno knmow if people can see my posts. Got nugs shots and plant shot. Obtained in 95 or 96 in sacremento , ca. It's still floating around area could get it if I want very good. taste is pure kush except for a lil dry champagne wine expansion after exhale. It purps in all conditions and bleeds purple resin. Looks like wine.

Rainman said:
The Sr-71 cut is not Urkle! It is the Ultraviolet cut that has been renamed. I will try to explain so everyone gets it. Now before I say anymore lets just put it out there that everyone in this thread has already said they dont know if they have the real cut or not - even the master RR!! This quote is from Capt Cript. regarding his work with the clone from Trich Tech.(Ultraviolet clone) - Quoted from the Ultraviolet Project thread

Foe,
Yes I know there is a clone called Ultra Violet!!!It's the clone I'm using,it's not Leda Uno...LOL!!!But is a Purple Kush...If you read HT back in the day you will remember a crew known as Trichome Tech...Growers known as K and Sharky...
I am working to stabilize this clone through an outcross and inbreeding...
so what I am working on IS the UV cut...It would seem the work you are doing is misleading,,,yes???
Take care nonetheless........................................CC

Now if you check out their page in the grow bible you will see Trich Techs Ultaviolet there with a little explanation. But if you need more lets go down below or check out page 57 in the SR-71 thread.

http://www.icmag.com/gallery/data/500/57749421trichometech_.jpg

Here you will find that the SR-71 cut came from these guys and is a PK renamed for their catalog.

Not trying to cause a stir and I will just try to ignore that comment about us Norcal growers. Or the corny lie about the cut being stolen and renamed by us NorCal boys. The thing that is funny is that you say the real PK tastes like Menthol and other smells and stays mostly green. But the cut that smells like grapes goes dark purple, gets way more frostier than any picks I have seen in this thread is the fake?
I may be country dumb but dont pee on my leg and tell me its rainin!! I will just have to keep my fake, potent, grapey, non-green cut of supposed Urkle/cross while you lucky fellas have your way with the real thing that may or may not be the real thing. Sucks to be me but someone has to do it! This prolly isnt GDP either!

HOLY SHIT, you finally admitted that I was right about the sr71 pk being ultraviolet rainman!!!
Kudos!!! Next time don't be such a dick about it and when someone who knows more than you tells you the real on something, just accept it instead of insisting that "Its a kush crossed with a purple afghani" because rich from sr71 said so...
man....what a dumbass...
and BTW, that grandaddy you got there doesn't look like nothing to brag about...wheres the f'in color on that girl?

Last edited:
for the record, I do like this strain even though its not really pk, just finished some up....has that unmistakeable urkle smell and taste....but takes longer to veg and doesn't get as dark as my GDP under the same conditions.

Rainman

Veteran
Look clown if you have a problem with me - take it to the pms but dont come on here and trash someones thread trying to be a hero. You gotta get your quote correct before you go repeating my words also. And again read the info provided by the people who you say told you it was Ultraviolet. They repeatedly say it is a Purple Kush! in their descriptions Retard!

ElGato

Veteran
hey guys ...the SR71 purple kush is very similar to purple urkle....almost identical imho and is not the real ultraviolet cut at al.....not even close

the cut that capt crip has is the same as this one>>>his is not the sr71 cut

ultraviolet aka purple indica

and here's some kush thats purple but it's not purple kush :rasta:

mj

Last edited:

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Well, if I get a kush, and it turns purple, Ima call it purple kush, because thats what it is, purple.... kush. And if I get a chocalate thai that smells like coffee, Ima call it mocha thai. if it smells like orange soda Ima call it orange crush. if it smells like vanilla icecream Ima call it vanilla icecream. if its taste like hash and smells like grapes Ima call it grape hashplant. I dont know where Im goin with this.... If you get the point good for u, not sure if I do tho... I guess what Im sayin is if it smells like a skunk thats what Ima call it. and if it smells like blackberries Ima call it blackberry, if it turns blue and shoots lightning bolts Ima call it charger.
Oh yeah, sr71 pk is the shit. it turns purple and grows like a kush. purple kush.

i ve grown mexican bagseed that was more than half purp and had dark leaves-if i post it and call it grape ape how would u know the diff?iam a private breeder and plan to have a strain out by summer-i had a partner until he said lets dress up in camo wit a gun infront of a my indica male n say its a kush-so iam solo now and plan to intoduce a 90-100 pct. indica post pics soon.theres alot of older strains that have been overlooked mazae from dp for example

MedResearcher

Veteran
Correct me if im wrong :rasta:

The word Kush refers to the Kush, or Hindu Kush mountain range of Afghanistan. Prior to the Russian invasion more people traveled there and brought back the great Kush genetics to California.

If the genetics are from the Kush mountain range, and its purple......... its literally Purple Kush Genetics. Breeding use to be a lot more simple, they used those squares with different colors, and leaf patterns to breed. Today it is all names.... which is too bad, because the colors, leaf patterns, plant attributes, are much more important then some name someone made up.

Anyways I hear legendary stories of the Purple Kush in the late 70's and 80's from the Emerald triangle. Heard it was so strong a novice smoker could easily get sick or not feel good by over consuming it. Heard trimmers complain that the crystals were so strong and so many they would irritate there skin and eventually cause sores if you didn't take the proper precautions.

I would guess that like the Deep Chunk, the genetics were originally brought from Afghanistan to the Emerald triangle, inbred, crossbred, and passed around. Thirty to forty years later the chance of finding the genetics in their pure form is very hard, and probably impossible to prove.

As for the cheap shot at Nor Cal... over So Cal.... I am guessing he was being sarcastic. Not many really grew in So Cal prior to 215 passing, so So Cal has what about 12 years under its belt, the Triangle has been putting in work for easily over 48 years. When you see an old timers herb, you can really appreciate where experience plays into the whole scheme of things.

No disrespect,
MR^^

tdmaker2

my 2 cents...

my 2 cents...

I've got the sr71 Purple kush, gdp, urkle, purple bubba, Purple Cream, Purple Candy, Mr. Nice guy, and Grape Ape.

The sr71 is in no way Urkle...they grow differently and the leaves are even a different pattern. I hate to admit it, but I hear many NoCal growers interchanging GDP, Urkle, and The PK names all the time. Many people up there will say, "Oh, I just finished the Grand Daddy..." after two month earlier telling me, "Oh, I just finished the PK"....After correcting them many say, "Oh...there the same thing..."

I don't mean to stereotype but they are sooo purple crazy in the Bay Area that it has lead to confusion on what is what. (Don't even get me started on the confusion in LA over Kush cuts as it's just as bad and maybe worse because of the $$$ involved).

Here is what I know:
Many years ago when the clubs started selling the PK in the bay area they admitted it was the Purple Kush from Trichome Tech. Period. Now, I can tell you if it's Ultraviolet, but it is TT's Purple Kush.

Next, I have the urkle and pk. The urkle vegges faster, is easier to clone, and yields better than the pk-not by much, but it does. And like I said the leaf pattern is different. The urkle has larger leaf blades...

I'm not saying I know everything or that these two can't be related. Because most of us know that the Grape Ape, Urkle, and GDP are related...so just think about things.

Finally, hey guys...we should be able to discuss things openly on these boards without thrashing each other and the name calling...Have a good one!

Rainman

Veteran
I agree with all stated above and apologize for the name callin. Just tired of this and with no provable factual info we are all just guestimating at what we have. We all have the same cuts but we got like 100 different names on them from people who had no idea as to what they were passin!

Gmo - Like your rationale homie!!!

Well, if I get a kush, and it turns purple, Ima call it purple kush, because thats what it is, purple.... kush. And if I get a chocalate thai that smells like coffee, Ima call it mocha thai. if it smells like orange soda Ima call it orange crush. if it smells like vanilla icecream Ima call it vanilla icecream. if its taste like hash and smells like grapes Ima call it grape hashplant. I dont know where Im goin with this.... If you get the point good for u, not sure if I do tho... I guess what Im sayin is if it smells like a skunk thats what Ima call it. and if it smells like blackberries Ima call it blackberry, if it turns blue and shoots lightning bolts Ima call it charger.
Oh yeah, sr71 pk is the shit. it turns purple and grows like a kush. purple kush.

"grows like a kush"?
bro...are you serious...sr71 pk is a short squat plant that grows like a bush, kush is a tall lanky plant that grows like a vine...and their smell and taste and look are opposite ends of the spectrum...so how do you figure it grows like a kush?

It also doesn't smell or taste like kush, which has a distinctive taste and smell that is glaringly absent in this weed. I've seen it grown multiple times by 4 different people I know personally, using different mediums and nutes, and noone ended up with anything that was "kushy" by any means.

Last edited: