Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-30-2017, 06:21 PM #3281
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
Yea, B isn't even getting started until over 4ppms.
The B levels don't match up from logan to spectrum. i had a B level of 1.5ppms from logan and when i tested the same soil at spectrum the B levels were 5ppms

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:24 PM #3282
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post

I only utilize the Ca number from the AA@8.2 which is the only element which will set up for the most part in carbonate form. K, Mg and Na from M3 are utilized along with the Ca from AA@8.2
im a lil confused. so don't us the AA 8.2 for all major cations? just Ca %

Old 10-30-2017, 10:53 PM #3283
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTreeFarm View Post
im a lil confused. so don't us the AA 8.2 for all major cations? just Ca %
Correct. That is how I do it.

We know that the other elements are not the issue for carbonate formation or as over stated nutrients, it is Ca that is the issue.

Look at the K, Mg and even Na reported by AA@8.2 and then M3. Not a lot of difference. Look at Calcium. It is the over estimation of Ca due to the use of calcium carbonate, dolomite, lobster, crab, oyster, clam or whatever shell that sways the bases, not K, Mg or Na.

All of those sources are made of calcium carbonate which takes a long time to make available and depend greatly on microbiology, humus, etc.. On a short term annual crop the Ca contribution in the soil is very low when sourced with carbonates of one type or another. Plus, when ground fine, increase the pH greatly, causing a whole other myriad of issues.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:29 PM #3284
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Slow...real question that I would love to hear your opinion on. My best plants finished with a slight K def. they took up Ca like a champ.

You ever feed k < p, say a 4-8-2? What could go wrong with that?

Starting point was 1.5% K and I did not do an aa8.2. Microbe activity was up there though

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:45 PM #3285
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Slow...real question that I would love to hear your opinion on. My best plants finished with a slight K def. they took up Ca like a champ.

You ever feed k < p, say a 4-8-2? What could go wrong with that?

Starting point was 1.5% K and I did not do an aa8.2. Microbe activity was up there though
Not enough data. If you finished with a deficiency and started with a deficiency, what should we guess that you did during the grow?

Without AA@8.2 in your neighborhood, you are doing a lot of guessing.

I make my proportions in response to analysis. Anything else is guessing.
TO THIS WORLD

Old 10-31-2017, 09:01 PM #3286
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
That is fair. Tissue Ca was 1.5 times tissue K. Never been that high before. Really slight edge burn though. I am not sure fixing it would have improved either quality or yield. Not enough data for sure

Old 10-31-2017, 09:54 PM #3287
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

Quote:
That is fair. Tissue Ca was 1.5 times tissue K. Never been that high before. Really slight edge burn though. I am not sure fixing it would have improved either quality or yield. Not enough data for sure
I will assume that the highest Ca you have ever seen came out good?

To answer your question, I would ideally start with 3 to 4 K% and start walking it up slowly. It is important to make a plan which theoretically gets you to say 6 or 7% K prior to flipping. Then push it down again and start working it up as you get further into flowering.

You saw physical deficiencies. (Or so you think using the wrong soil analysis procedure). If you saw physical deficiencies then you lost both yield and quality.

Most don't realize how high the bar is really set for both quality and yield (with quality) potential of this crop.

Buy more meters!
TO THIS WORLD

Old 10-31-2017, 11:06 PM #3288
jidoka

Will do. A Na meter. When it hits 50 ppm you can count on aphids.

In heavy soil I prefer acetate K if I want to raise K. Hard to swing a high Cec soil back and forth. Much easier to just spray as needed. That way I can leave Ca and P alone.

But this time water and a couple of PG ferts was it

Edit...and yea the higher I get Ca in the plant the better the quality. Thank you for that. But key to getting Ca in is dropping K ime. I probably lost a little yield. Not so sure about quality. Plus I also find lower K in the soil improves P uptake

Last edited by jidoka; 10-31-2017 at 11:29 PM..

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-31-2017, 11:26 PM #3289
prune

prune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post

You saw physical deficiencies. (Or so you think using the wrong soil analysis procedure). If you saw physical deficiencies then you lost both yield and quality.
But don't you really need to see a deficiency to be sure you're running truly flat out?

In my situation, the tips and tops are so hard driven they're always short of something or other... If I get those buds sated it then means there's going to be some claw down below.

Old 11-01-2017, 01:09 PM #3290
Avenger

Avenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really niceAvenger is just really nice
Quote:
Tissue Ca was 1.5 times tissue K. Never been that high before. Really slight edge burn though.
is that Horiba meter readings or actual lab tissue ash analysis?

Thread Closed