Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2017, 01:03 AM #3281
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Like I said, Ima choose option 3...let my friend, who I respect, make up his own mind. And if shit goes sideways be there to help if I can

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:50 PM #3282
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Like I said, Ima choose option 3...let my friend, who I respect, make up his own mind. And if shit goes sideways be there to help if I can
Let me understand this. Someone posts their lousy analysis in this thread, I make comments and you are picking the options? LMAO.

And then if they screw up, you will be there to help? Maybe if you guys all got together, you could run those K meters in series and get a super K meter...
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:05 PM #3283
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
I know this is off topic, sorry.

Anybody know a concentrate artist that is good, and doesn't already have a legal business? Please let me know in PM's. SlowN?

Carry on please.

Old 10-29-2017, 03:39 PM #3284
jackspratt61

jackspratt61 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Jack,

The only way to run a mix like I am discussing organically, is to build it up with enough organic P PRIOR to planting. Trying to catch up with liguid bone meal works, but is expensive and large quantities are often needed.

This is why it is so critical to have a real set of numbers, make a real plan, work the plan and then check your analysis from time to time to see if you are getting where you want to go.
In regards to light weight mixes...I've been submitting my soil samples without any aeration added. The results show cec values in the mid 30's. If I add aeration components after testing what effects does that have to cec,overall nutrient availability,ph etc.? Currently am using perlite only at 33%.

Am I correct in not testing an inert component (perlite)in the initial mix?

Old 10-29-2017, 04:19 PM #3285
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Dang it...my magic 8 ball said wire them in parallel

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:59 PM #3286
reppin2c

reppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the roughreppin2c is a jewel in the rough
Jack- I sift my samples and weigh them as is for ammendments

So yes I am a big boy and even when people tell me exactly how to do it, i find a simpler way. Sometimes I have to learn the hard way as I am this morning after trying to drink with my mom last night. Seen alot of people fail and I've kept up many times...there are no winners.

I'm gonna add alot of amendments, till deep as I can and we will see the results. I'm pretty sure I will be just fine and some people will learn something. I will for sure I just hope it's not a hard lesson, i hate those ones. Either way I'm not gonna let the door hit me on my way out. This CO gig is coming to an end. Im gonna get what i can while the getting is good.

Edit The best part is my employee is headed to work with the excavation crew. I'll be left with my wife, buddy's wife and father in law to clear the trees on the hemp plot. My father in law is older then the land were clearing, he's getting dimetia and I may have to put him down lmao

Last edited by reppin2c; 10-29-2017 at 06:10 PM..

Old 10-29-2017, 07:12 PM #3287
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Had a request on how I calculate base saturations using the M3 and AA@8.2 (which was discussed before, but what the heck).

It is real simple.

I only utilize the Ca number from the AA@8.2 which is the only element which will set up for the most part in carbonate form. K, Mg and Na from M3 are utilized along with the Ca from AA@8.2

I don't use H estimates, instead I lime to fix the pH if necessary and aim at 80 to 87% Ca depending on whether the soil is sandy or heavy....
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:04 PM #3288
MountZionCollec

MountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of lightMountZionCollec is a glorious beacon of light
Following.

Old 10-30-2017, 06:21 PM #3289
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
Yea, B isn't even getting started until over 4ppms.
The B levels don't match up from logan to spectrum. i had a B level of 1.5ppms from logan and when i tested the same soil at spectrum the B levels were 5ppms

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:24 PM #3290
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post

I only utilize the Ca number from the AA@8.2 which is the only element which will set up for the most part in carbonate form. K, Mg and Na from M3 are utilized along with the Ca from AA@8.2
im a lil confused. so don't us the AA 8.2 for all major cations? just Ca %

Thread Closed