Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-17-2017, 07:07 PM #2931
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
What you are saying, is what I keep hearing from the best in the industry. I stayed at the last emerald cup and listened to the head guy from Wonderland Nursery and Archive seeds state you want very little air circulation, no exhaust fans, RH set down at 40% and temps around 70f. This would cause much faster drying period.

His reasons were less loss of terps, and you actually get a crust that keeps in terps when dried fast. Kind of like searing a steak on both sides, holds the juice in better.

Now here you come along and start talking about plant health being a factor as well...... What does that mean? I assume you are bug, and mildew free at this point, so a longer dry shouldn't exacerbate these issues. So why would plant health matter? I know higher levels of Ca will prolong the life of your finished fruit, but can you extrapolate please?

Outcold - Thanks! That is how i used to do it when I was a smaller operation. Trying to figure out how to create a paper bag like environment with dry rooms, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, ac, ext ext.
I like the analogy about searing the steak. That is a great description...

Dense well grown flowers that are brought to a shelf ready state in a week seem to hold terps far better. You get that nice crunchy but still sticky quality upon breaking up a nug.

Underground cold storage with dehumidifiers is optimum. A sealed hoop in the shade with dehumidifiers and a silage tarp covering it for outdoor though...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:26 PM #2932
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Lol. Ima just tap out on this one. I agree with so little of any of that the argument is not worth it

Old 09-17-2017, 10:59 PM #2933
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Well, thanks for sharing. I am going to dial my first round through the rooms at the RH and temps your recommend. See how it does me. Thanks.

Old 09-18-2017, 02:50 AM #2934
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Use air flow to control time. And oscillate the fans. Imo you do not want a crust. Trapping water in the bud is an excellent way to accelerate microbial growth.

If mean gene actually takes 4 weeks no wonder he kills at the emerald cup. It is just a matter of risk/reward for me beyond a week

I got a personal sfv...maybe I will try 4 on it

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:26 AM #2935
orechron

orechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really niceorechron is just really nice
I would even go down to the mid 60's F. A lot of terpenes have a high vapor pressure that just increases with temp. RH depends of whats going on when you're harvesting. Is it raining? Then a shake of the branch to wish as much moisture off and 50-55% RH for the first day. I like 60% though and a longer dry (7-10 days in my experience), but in wet climate that first drying day being below 55% is important.

Easy, what Jidoka is trying to say is think of your flowers like produce. If you buy that nitrate bloated shit lettuce from the grocery store, you usually find it rotting in the fridge not much later. If your plants are healthier, the cells are going to live longer and fend off fungus until they are dry and dead. Nutrient density.

5 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-18-2017, 04:31 AM #2936
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
So, unless mean gene's buds are literally 3-5 times bigger than my biggest buds I have ever grown....... Wouldn't a month dry/cure really just be a dry, that morphs into a long cure? This is actually what has yielded the best results for me in the past. 60F and 60% Rh. I used to keep it there until I had time to get to it. Now the trimmers need to be fed.

Or does that mean that mean gene keeps the RH above 55-60% rh for that month? That seems crazy?

Orechron, thanks. I agree.

Old 09-18-2017, 05:36 PM #2937
jidoka

Don't forget air movement/exchanges during the actual drying phase. Think what would happen in a grow running vpd numbers without air movement...same deal in drying.

And you are no doubt right...at some point that drying becomes curing. I just do not have that kinda space. Kinda jealous

Old 09-19-2017, 02:21 AM #2938
jidoka

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0988.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	428578

Personal headstash. The amount of fertilizer in a 20 gal pot is insane. But I think I can go til Halloween on this plant. Beads water like a champ

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2017, 03:22 PM #2939
EasyGoing
Banned

I am personally having a very hard time trying to incorporate past teachers lessons (such as those ag videos) into the new high Ca paradigm. SlowN needs to write a book, lol. SlowN guide to high Ca cannabis. Lesson one, gypsum.

Old 09-19-2017, 03:25 PM #2940
EasyGoing
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Attachment 428578

Personal headstash. The amount of fertilizer in a 20 gal pot is insane. But I think I can go til Halloween on this plant. Beads water like a champ
Beautiful job on that plant. The stack is on point.

I have a monster in a 200 gallon that is herculean with it's uptake. I said forget it, and topped it with 5x as much as recommended. Still needs more food, tissue samples sent out yesterday to confirm.

Last edited by EasyGoing; 09-19-2017 at 03:45 PM..

Thread Closed