Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2017, 02:14 PM #2931
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
1-2-1 is npk ratio of fertigation feeds, I would think. And top dressing for that matter.

HTF, I think he advocates so many different calciums because the base saturation levels in the soil are so high, any one source of Ca would tip the scales in one way or another. Too much lime, has too much Mg. Gypsum too much Sulfur. ext ext. So getting the ph to the 6's then using gypsum seems to be the key, right slow?

Next year, loads of bone meal up front, with some gypsum, alfalfa and metals.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:17 PM #2932
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
I know most of us have yet to finish a crop with this paradigm. However I think we can all agree the nutrient uptake is crazy demanding when farming with high levels of Ca. But is it worth it? I have dumped literally tons of amendments on my soil this year, and it's costly. However, if the quality is there, it's all worth it right? I got the quality in my deps, but not the yields. Looks much better in my full season.

Any comments?

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:55 PM #2933
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
You only get one swing with the big bat per season... If you are chasing your tail making micro adjustments, that is where your costs over the season will add up. Time, labor and amendments...

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:32 PM #2934
EasyGoing
Banned

Metals shoot out of my soil. I need to add them weekly or they would be at 0 ppm real quick. Thats why I liked micropak. On top of that, I would add 1-1.5g of Mn and .5g of copper. All year, weekly.

Old 09-20-2017, 04:22 PM #2935
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
Metals shoot out of my soil. I need to add them weekly or they would be at 0 ppm real quick. Thats why I liked micropak. On top of that, I would add 1-1.5g of Mn and .5g of copper. All year, weekly.
Absolutely. Weekly fertigations are a must. Keep that balance

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-20-2017, 06:01 PM #2936
prune

prune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really niceprune is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
I know most of us have yet to finish a crop with this paradigm. However I think we can all agree the nutrient uptake is crazy demanding when farming with high levels of Ca. But is it worth it? I have dumped literally tons of amendments on my soil this year, and it's costly. However, if the quality is there, it's all worth it right? I got the quality in my deps, but not the yields. Looks much better in my full season.

Any comments?
Well I'm half way through my third read of this thread since last fall, and am hope the fourth time might be the charm!

Being indoors I've had a few attempts at interpretation so far, running into problems predicted here, learning and adjusting. Never knew Metals, neither does GH from what I am now seeing...

Crazy feeding? no - scary feeding, yes! You need that when you're growing Saquaro-like stems. I do believe I'm undershooting at 2.4ec...

The response to LST is substantial and vigorous. Quality improved quickly with more stink, higher trichome fill rates and fuller ripening. Yield needs focus from beginning to end.

Last edited by prune; 09-20-2017 at 06:14 PM..

Old 09-21-2017, 02:06 AM #2937
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTreeFarm View Post
do you think the more sources of calcium the better for Ca uptake? or all for different applications in different soils at different times.
If our carbonates are predigested will the M3 test become closer to the AA 8.2 ppms of Ca, Meaning less unavailable calcium showing up through both tests?
Happy,

Yes, the more varied our calcium sources, the better off we are.

And yes, predigested carbonate is a great source of Ca and the M3/AA8.2 Ca ratio will be tighter or closer.

Those that had old mixes had much higher Ca using AA@8.2 than those using just gypsum as their source. And it is a much more stable form of calcium, much less prone to leaching away.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Old 09-21-2017, 02:07 AM #2938
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolando Mota View Post
Ok, thanks. P seems to be the expensive part of the equation.
And that my friend is the reason that fert companies don't put it in that P that is necessary, it makes their costs increase.
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Old 09-21-2017, 03:10 AM #2939
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by slownickel View Post
Happy,

Yes, the more varied our calcium sources, the better off we are.

And yes, predigested carbonate is a great source of Ca and the M3/AA8.2 Ca ratio will be tighter or closer.

Those that had old mixes had much higher Ca using AA@8.2 than those using just gypsum as their source. And it is a much more stable form of calcium, much less prone to leaching away.
How long does it take carbonate to become available? 6-12 months or longer? I used Gypsum and wollanstinite as my Ca this year, happy with the Ca results from logan about 75% on the AA, but when i did my spectrum tests i felt like i was starting at ground zero again, a month later and spectrum says 64-66% had the plants taken up that % of Ca in those 4-6 weeks or is it just normal to get such different numbers from each lab. Can i predigest Carbonate with some sort of enzyme before using it in the coming season, or this term "predigested carbonates" just means calcium carbonate has been in my soil for more than a year or so? Thanks for the response Slow your very helpful in my learning process

Old 09-21-2017, 05:33 AM #2940
Dankwolf

Dankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud of
Thank you slow and others.

I would not have hit the numers i have this year if it were not for this thread. I will ve hitting 12- 15 units a plant but that is far better then my 5.5 last year . hopefully if i send soil test in i will be able to balance my known to produce dank recipe with the high yeilding commercial side of things . my goal is still to brake 20 unit's a plant within 3 years and to brake the oregon record after 3 years.

My girls this year.

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.

Thread Closed