Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Click to visit Original Seed Store for great Cannabis genetics
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2017, 07:34 PM #2931
MrBungle

MrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to allMrBungle is a name known to all
I bet that element begins with the letter P
MrBungle is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 PM #2932
jidoka

jidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nice
P. You will never see coco in my personal grow. But that is my opinion. Plenty of people like it
jidoka is online now Quote

Old 09-16-2017, 02:39 PM #2933
EasyGoing

EasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really nice
Next year, much more top dressing. Lot less feeds. Much higher P levels in the soil. Only fertigation will be amino's and mpk. At least on some of the crop.

How is everybody's season going? My outdoor plants are getting HEAVY! Can't believe it.
EasyGoing is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:09 PM #2934
EasyGoing

EasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really niceEasyGoing is just really nice
Anybody have solid advise on drying and curing? Would love to hear what some of the pros in this thread have to say.

Old 09-16-2017, 11:20 PM #2935
jidoka

jidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nicejidoka is just really nice
Take this for what you think it is worth...IMO...if your plants are super healthy you reach 55% humidity in 7 days. The less healthy they are the quicker you gotta go.

I like 70 F, 55% humidity and enough air flow to finish in 7 days.

Again that is imo...nothing more

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:01 AM #2936
Outcold

Outcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really nice
My method for drying and curing is as follows.
I'll hang the whole plant upside down in a dedicated tent for x number of days until the fan leaf stem and smaller branches seem mostly dry. Then I'll limb them and place in large paper bags and continue drying at a slower rate in the same tent. At the point one would transfer into jars for curing, I take the whole bag and place in a dedicated freezer until I need.
Here is an interesting thread on the topic.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186222

Serious Seeds re-worked BubbleGum, Archives SpaceFace, Richard Williams Seed Co Back to the Congo and Serious Seeds Kali Mist https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=338005
Outcold is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 05:35 PM #2937
EasyGoing

Thanks for the responses........ I am conflicted.........

Jidoka. You are saying, what few others say. It is of my opinion, that most people will tell you slow and steady. To me, in the past, this meant 60% rh set, and 60 degree F. When I have large nugs, it can take two full weeks to dry correctly at these levels.

What you are saying, is what I keep hearing from the best in the industry. I stayed at the last emerald cup and listened to the head guy from Wonderland Nursery and Archive seeds state you want very little air circulation, no exhaust fans, RH set down at 40% and temps around 70f. This would cause much faster drying period.

His reasons were less loss of terps, and you actually get a crust that keeps in terps when dried fast. Kind of like searing a steak on both sides, holds the juice in better.

Now here you come along and start talking about plant health being a factor as well...... What does that mean? I assume you are bug, and mildew free at this point, so a longer dry shouldn't exacerbate these issues. So why would plant health matter? I know higher levels of Ca will prolong the life of your finished fruit, but can you extrapolate please?

Outcold - Thanks! That is how i used to do it when I was a smaller operation. Trying to figure out how to create a paper bag like environment with dry rooms, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, ac, ext ext.

4 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-17-2017, 08:07 PM #2938
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nicegrowingcrazy is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoing View Post
What you are saying, is what I keep hearing from the best in the industry. I stayed at the last emerald cup and listened to the head guy from Wonderland Nursery and Archive seeds state you want very little air circulation, no exhaust fans, RH set down at 40% and temps around 70f. This would cause much faster drying period.

His reasons were less loss of terps, and you actually get a crust that keeps in terps when dried fast. Kind of like searing a steak on both sides, holds the juice in better.

Now here you come along and start talking about plant health being a factor as well...... What does that mean? I assume you are bug, and mildew free at this point, so a longer dry shouldn't exacerbate these issues. So why would plant health matter? I know higher levels of Ca will prolong the life of your finished fruit, but can you extrapolate please?

Outcold - Thanks! That is how i used to do it when I was a smaller operation. Trying to figure out how to create a paper bag like environment with dry rooms, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, ac, ext ext.
I like the analogy about searing the steak. That is a great description...

Dense well grown flowers that are brought to a shelf ready state in a week seem to hold terps far better. You get that nice crunchy but still sticky quality upon breaking up a nug.

Underground cold storage with dehumidifiers is optimum. A sealed hoop in the shade with dehumidifiers and a silage tarp covering it for outdoor though...
growingcrazy is online now Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 08:34 PM #2939
theJointedOne

theJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant futuretheJointedOne has a brilliant future
mean gene said his weed takes a month to dry

theJointedOne is offline Quote

Old 09-17-2017, 09:26 PM #2940
jidoka

Lol. Ima just tap out on this one. I agree with so little of any of that the argument is not worth it