Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-15-2017, 05:31 PM #2921
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Happy...liquid Albion Ca is 6% Ca so it is way more soluble than gypsum. It is also stupid expensive if you use it that way.

The people I work with use 3 gal pots of coco each one using about 1 gal of fert per day. At 1000s of plants it would not be realistic to use amino Ca at like 21 ml per gallon...or the powder at like 3.5 gm or whatever the numbers actually work out to.

crazy...I would pick organic soil over coco any day. Coco has one crazy feature that I have never seen talked about that causes uptake problems with one element.

Anyways when you go into someone else's grow to help chances are the last thing they want to hear is we have to change everything. You got capital, logistics (gotta hit those lbs every week), retraining and labor problems.

I personally would prefer a hybrid method. Lightweight peat mix that is living but some fertigation and some foliar. But that is me.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:51 PM #2922
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
depending on garden size, it looks like a large rez is required just for gypsum feeds, there has got to be a easier way. right now I've been making slurries and hand watering into the soil surface with the drip to push it down afterwards.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:23 PM #2923
Mronyc

Mronyc is on a distinguished road
@jidoka care to tell which element and is coco worth in improving soil texture, say 25%.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:34 PM #2924
MrBungle

MrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud ofMrBungle has much to be proud of
I bet that element begins with the letter P

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:47 PM #2925
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
P. You will never see coco in my personal grow. But that is my opinion. Plenty of people like it

Old 09-16-2017, 01:39 PM #2926
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Next year, much more top dressing. Lot less feeds. Much higher P levels in the soil. Only fertigation will be amino's and mpk. At least on some of the crop.

How is everybody's season going? My outdoor plants are getting HEAVY! Can't believe it.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:09 PM #2927
EasyGoing
Banned

EasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of lightEasyGoing is a glorious beacon of light
Anybody have solid advise on drying and curing? Would love to hear what some of the pros in this thread have to say.

Old 09-16-2017, 10:20 PM #2928
jidoka

Take this for what you think it is worth...IMO...if your plants are super healthy you reach 55% humidity in 7 days. The less healthy they are the quicker you gotta go.

I like 70 F, 55% humidity and enough air flow to finish in 7 days.

Again that is imo...nothing more

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2017, 11:01 PM #2929
Outcold

Outcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really niceOutcold is just really nice
My method for drying and curing is as follows.
I'll hang the whole plant upside down in a dedicated tent for x number of days until the fan leaf stem and smaller branches seem mostly dry. Then I'll limb them and place in large paper bags and continue drying at a slower rate in the same tent. At the point one would transfer into jars for curing, I take the whole bag and place in a dedicated freezer until I need.
Here is an interesting thread on the topic.
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=186222

Old 09-17-2017, 04:35 PM #2930
EasyGoing
Banned

Thanks for the responses........ I am conflicted.........

Jidoka. You are saying, what few others say. It is of my opinion, that most people will tell you slow and steady. To me, in the past, this meant 60% rh set, and 60 degree F. When I have large nugs, it can take two full weeks to dry correctly at these levels.

What you are saying, is what I keep hearing from the best in the industry. I stayed at the last emerald cup and listened to the head guy from Wonderland Nursery and Archive seeds state you want very little air circulation, no exhaust fans, RH set down at 40% and temps around 70f. This would cause much faster drying period.

His reasons were less loss of terps, and you actually get a crust that keeps in terps when dried fast. Kind of like searing a steak on both sides, holds the juice in better.

Now here you come along and start talking about plant health being a factor as well...... What does that mean? I assume you are bug, and mildew free at this point, so a longer dry shouldn't exacerbate these issues. So why would plant health matter? I know higher levels of Ca will prolong the life of your finished fruit, but can you extrapolate please?

Outcold - Thanks! That is how i used to do it when I was a smaller operation. Trying to figure out how to create a paper bag like environment with dry rooms, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, ac, ext ext.

4 members found this post helpful.

Thread Closed