Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Botany and Advanced Growing Science > Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation

Thread Title Search
Thread Closed
Slownickel lounge, pull up a chair. CEC interpretation Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2017, 08:02 PM #2921
slownickel
IC Mag Supporter

slownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to beholdslownickel is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by rykus View Post
Hey Slownickle!

Thanks for taking a look.. I wasn't adding gypsum to my normal feed, I have an organic based system I usually run in 15gallon pots.

I was hired to make that coco run work.. plants where in food was bought.. I tried to get as close as I could to 70%calcium 15%magnesium and under 10% potassium with the food there.

I could only get 50-60% using calimagic so added gypsum to the resiviours to lower N and up Ca..

I feel I did ok but was nervous about putting the gypsum through the drip feed system as it was already under powered and fed more /less to different areas.

Most of the burn was pushing N to far.., but yeild and quality where affected by just going to high ec wise mostly..

I'm thinking more hydro style so just wanna get in proper ratios and push out old stuff in low cec medium.

I'll post pics of next run if possible as I think I figured quite a bit more out. So thanks all again.love the back n forth in here and have learned a ton!

Pics are clearer in my album.. take a look there as I can't figure out the posting on my phone
When you say coco, coco plus what else? Is this the first season? Are there fines? Is there an earthy smell if you grab a hand full from the pot?

10% K is a lot, you don't need that much if this is a soil. That was your burn. You had no space to fertilize.

The first step to helping anyone is to learn. That means if you are afraid of doing something but think it might work, do 1 plant.

Pushing gypsum through an irrigation system is not easy either. You need constant agitation, the right gypsum, and some serious filters....

I went through your album. Not easy to see much...
I WONDER WHAT WOULD HAPPEN
TO THIS WORLD

-Harry Forster Chapins' Tombstone

Old 09-14-2017, 08:45 PM #2922
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
I push https://customhydronutrients.com/gyp...75_79_237.html through micro sprinklers at 3.3 grams per gallon with no issues.

Injectors, on the other hand, are no bueno

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:37 AM #2923
rykus

rykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nicerykus is just really nice
Thanks again Slownickle and Jidoka,

It was fresh canna coco ,no additives or additions,mix of fines and some strands.. good quality though imo, smells kind of earthy, but more so after a run.planted in 2 gallon fabric pots on drip system.. was misters aswell when I got there but they kept clogging and spraying all over.. mostly the problems with it once again was way under powered pumps.i planted the second run in used coco and seemed to work the same(better because better feed)

I had 300gallon Rubbermaid pond or feed troughs for resivours and I would agitate with pool brush while the pumps ran. Inline filter I cleaned after every feed, and some would stay clumped up and get shop vac' d out.

I ran 6 rooms there and did try a few things minorly different but mostly plant and container size, and varieties.

Sorry I don't have more pics.. I erased most off my phone as I was not happy how they ran that or interacted with staff etc..

The second run I started gypsum from day 1 and some of the long flower equatorial varieties I finished looked amazing and I had less feed issues and played safer ec wise as no co2... but yeah ran a bit higher gypsum - calimagic ratio and was really getting it when I left there...

The coco definitely required Mg while it really seems to be a harm switching back to promix for my new job...

But pretty much my plan has been to try to pump lower ec of proper ratio through a low Cec medium more like a passive hydro, fed very often at low amount of liquids..

Going to look into that solution grade!thanks , been using ag grade and it's pretty good but maybe 5-10% is non soluble it seems.

Old 09-15-2017, 07:55 AM #2924
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jidoka View Post
Injectors, on the other hand, are no bueno
so is there a way to get Ca in the system with a injector, in a organic grow?
Is the Amino Ca more soluble than CaSO4?
throws a wrench in my plans when solubility is only 7.7 grams........

Old 09-15-2017, 04:37 PM #2925
growingcrazy

growingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of lightgrowingcrazy is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTreeFarm View Post
so is there a way to get Ca in the system with a injector, in a organic grow?
Is the Amino Ca more soluble than CaSO4?
throws a wrench in my plans when solubility is only 7.7 grams........
I am running this season with 0 foliar sprays if possible. So far not a single one. Everything is in the soil and I am feeding through open .250 tubing. My theory is that if I can get enough into the soil and get the microbes to make it available...

I'm done with bottles, Ca or otherwise. Fuck woo.

This is in the 9ft range. All topdress or irrigation, no foliar. First real outdoor run. Sunshine Daydream is the strain.

We calculated roughly $275 in labor,amendments and electricity per 6 plants full season... Not including all the hoops (8) that were destroyed in pre-season storms...

Jidoka, have you done side by side testing with coir and organic soil? The results we got were not as anticipated... we no longer run any coir.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:31 PM #2926
jidoka

jidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of lightjidoka is a glorious beacon of light
Happy...liquid Albion Ca is 6% Ca so it is way more soluble than gypsum. It is also stupid expensive if you use it that way.

The people I work with use 3 gal pots of coco each one using about 1 gal of fert per day. At 1000s of plants it would not be realistic to use amino Ca at like 21 ml per gallon...or the powder at like 3.5 gm or whatever the numbers actually work out to.

crazy...I would pick organic soil over coco any day. Coco has one crazy feature that I have never seen talked about that causes uptake problems with one element.

Anyways when you go into someone else's grow to help chances are the last thing they want to hear is we have to change everything. You got capital, logistics (gotta hit those lbs every week), retraining and labor problems.

I personally would prefer a hybrid method. Lightweight peat mix that is living but some fertigation and some foliar. But that is me.

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 05:51 PM #2927
HappyTreeFarm

HappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enoughHappyTreeFarm will become famous soon enough
depending on garden size, it looks like a large rez is required just for gypsum feeds, there has got to be a easier way. right now I've been making slurries and hand watering into the soil surface with the drip to push it down afterwards.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:23 PM #2928
Mronyc

Mronyc is on a distinguished road
@jidoka care to tell which element and is coco worth in improving soil texture, say 25%.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:34 PM #2929
MrBungle

MrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to beholdMrBungle is a splendid one to behold
I bet that element begins with the letter P

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:47 PM #2930
jidoka

P. You will never see coco in my personal grow. But that is my opinion. Plenty of people like it

Thread Closed