What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Lost power!!!

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
So i lost power last night about 8 and dont see the power coming on before midnight tonight. How bad is this gonna effect my plants? I grow in coco and have plants in every stage of grow, i am most worried about my freshly rooted and transplanted clones. Thanks for any experience with this.

troutman

Seed Whore
Stuff happens. Don't worry about it. :tiphat:

You're not the 1st person this happened to.

A one time event like that won't ruin your plants.

BOMBAYCAT

Veteran
If you lost the power in the Plants daytime it is not so bad. If it is the plants night time and they are interrupted by a flash of light you can get hermies and bad growth. In your case the plants will hardly notice the long night time. They will be more affected if it gets too cold in your grow room. I have a motion activated security light in the back yard that the damn cats set off all summer long. That was enough to make a hermie and lightly seed my crop.

soil margin

Veteran
I would say chances are 50/50 you probably won't even notice any effect at all, and if you do notice anything it will be minor. That being said, it's always a good idea to keep a memory of how much stress your current plants have been through and try to avoid further stressing ones that have been through stuff like this already.

justanotherbozo

Veteran
...don't sweat the shit you have no control over, also this being a one time event i'd think you have zero to worry about.

peace, bozo

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Thanks for putting my mind at ease a bit. Been outside chainsawing some trees that fell. It sounds more like Maine than Massachusetts with all the chainsaws running around here.

If it’s for a short period 24-48 hours I wouldn’t worry. Make sure when the power comes back on that your timers are set properly.

Good luck!

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
There has been more wind and snow than usual this winter.
The power has gone off 17 times, from just long enough to shut down all the discharge bulbs to the 14 hour break when the lines through Denali shorted out.

This is one of the reasons I switched to digital timers with internal batteries for their clocks, no need to reset every time the power quits. Two analog timers are still used on fans, that way in the mornings any difference in times let me know how long the power was off while I slept.

As far as the plants care it could be a passing cloud, as long as the overall day/night times do not get changed.

OG_NoMan

Not Veteran
Another day with no power WTF!!!! Talked to a damage surveyor from the power co he said it could be tonight or it could be a week. Told me to go buy a generator, I asked if he was serious. How the hell could i buy a generator, order a long enough cord to reach my panel,and have it all installed today or even a week from today. Needless to say i am sweating now that I could potentially loose my medicine for the next few months. Guess I will be installing a generator this summer.

Speed of green

Make sure all your timers are back to the correct settings when power returns.

he may be talking about a portable generator. intended to run essential items, heater/refrigerator/wifi, the things you cant live without. not a whole house generator that would feed your panel.

If you could get any light over them, not necessarily HID lighting but any small fluorescent or even a flashlight to keep their light schedule for multiple days without power, this will work. they will just think its a really cloudy week.

Latest posts

Latest posts