What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anymore beer cup contest?

G

greenmatter

The winner last time was based on the best pic voted on by ic members so it is not necessarily the biggest plant but more the best looking plant. And general good fun and camaraderie is to be had by all. But in the end it is V's game and we are all just here to have fun.

I am going to put my seeds in water on Sunday, 120 days will be plenty for anything I am going to grow.

^^^^^ exactly!!!!

i think V. made the rules so everyone could play and nobody would have a 100% chance of winning because of their system. we played by them last time and it worked out. we could talk about changes for a month and not please everybody. why bother? .......... lets gets some beans wet and do what we a love to do :ying:

gtgio

I think I'm going to start my seed in a rockwool cube, transplant to a 3", stuff mini rockwool cubes in the cup, then put the 3" inside flush to the top of the cup...I feel like rockwool would give a great root mass in a small space. people already pull great yields off 3" cubes alone.

:thinking:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
I guess it's fine to germ the seeds in a nursery tray and tranplant them after, as long as that is less than the maximum allowed?or should they be germed and grown in the final recipient all the way?

Last edited:

trichrider

Kiss My Ring
Veteran
...I'll bite.
I'm honored to be among so many worthy thumbs.

starting a warm bath tonight.

see ya there!

stihgnobevoli

Veteran
i dunno if ill be able to join this one. im moving soon and i don't have 120 days available for a grow. i started 4 seeds for a 12/12 till i move run this week. they're only 4 days old i suppose ill put one in a beer cup and run alongside you guys but 1 week shy of everyone else. unofficially.

John Deere

Veteran
Close enough for me, stihgnobevoli. Post up a pic and get this party started.

I'm going to try some seeds I got off my sour bubble.

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I guess it's fine to germ the seeds in a nursery try and tranplant them after, as long as that is less than the maximum allowed?or should they be germed and grown in the final recipient all the way?

I believe most started beans in rockwool or jiffy pellets last round then transplanted to the cup once established.

My plan is to start em in 2" square seed starter pots that I use for my vegie garden, then up pot to the beer cup down the line.

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
then i'll put them in water for 12 hours and off to the trays they go.. thanks.

V

vonforne

I have the other thread up and going with the revised rules.

I use a paper towel.

but what to grow???????????

V

gurnt

It be nice to have clones that could not be over 3" high it take 2 weeks to root And a seed would be that big . all I have is Girl Scout Cookie Oh well will be fun to watch

gtgio

It be nice to have clones that could not be over 3" high it take 2 weeks to root And a seed would be that big . all I have is Girl Scout Cookie Oh well will be fun to watch

Well even if the official rules prohibit you from using a clone, you should still post your grow in the contest thread, I guess you just won't be eligible for prizes. I've put 2 seeds I started last week into beer cups just for fun, I'll exempt myself from any prizes.

Endur

Veteran
I'll be joining the Show, also.
I won't be able to start until the end of the week, but, I'll start to pop my seeds, tonight.
Probably run HS, and Hashberry F2's

Good to see everyone, excited to get their Beer Cup Grow On.
Peace
Endur

strongbox18

I'm gonna join in on this one as well endur, I'm going to pop some of those purple Buddha x grandaddy I made earlier this year, hopefully my micro case doesn't get too hot this time of year. Can't wait too see how the HS performs agian, last time it turned out great, I'm still waiting for the right time to pop those hash berry beans.