What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

anymore beer cup contest?

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
is 4 wk veg a firm rule? can I do a couple 12/12 from seed? I'm down to do both...

germ seeds on sunday, 148 days from then is the time limit?

Im down to send in some seeds for a prize. if anyone is interested... :tiphat:

L

LouDog420

^^ That's one thing we went around about last run...

I like 148 days from Sunday, flip whenever. My .02 ;)

G

greenmatter

is 4 wk veg a firm rule? can I do a couple 12/12 from seed? I'm down to do both...

germ seeds on sunday, 148 days from then is the time limit?

Im down to send in some seeds for a prize. if anyone is interested... :tiphat:

lou is right about the veg time debate ....... not sure that ever really got figured out so that everyone was happy about it

rule#5 says 4 weeks of veg.

i think the problem was with the guys growing in cabinets running out of room before the flip, so they wanted to flip early.

and i think Endur grew that hornswaggle with 12/12 from seed. beautiful plant!

milo_xxx

Stress Tester/Plant Torturer
Veteran
Thats kinda what I was thinking lou. :tiphat:

I might do something crazy like a thunk or something else with thai in it.... love this kinda stuff...

I have and OGBX1 clone that is from ganesh seed that grew into a 5 1/2" pot. cause I set the clone in a cup onto it so she'd be closer to the light. 3 days later she was thoroughly attatch...

Im going to flower her and see how she does.... :D

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
should we have a 2 weeks veg category? or maybe do all 2 weeks veg this time? we still have some time to decide..

btw, as I said before can't find those cups here in europe so I found a great replacement, some 450 ml nursery pots that hold ~460 ml filled to the rim. I've bought 12 of them, so I just need to decide what I'll plant. :)

John Deere

Veteran
Hell, yeah, I'm in again! Thanks for the heads up, greenmatter. My bud from the last go 'round is still sitting on my kitchen table. I only got a couple grams out of my crappy abused plant so I water cured it and it's been sitting ever since. It's pretty pathetic looking. I'm going to put a bit more effort into it this time.

I vote 12/12 from the start. Keep it simple. We don't need separate veg time in beer cups.

And FYI, the standard Solo beer cups are 18 oz, not 16.

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
I believe last time V allowed the 18oz cups because of the lack of 16oz cup availability.
I would like to see the rules as

1. From seed only. No autos.
2. 18 oz. beer cup. Color is of your choice but not to exceed 18 oz.
3. Indica or Sativa or a cross of your choice.
4. Roots cannot extend past the bottom of the cup.
5. Maximum 120 days total.
6. Any medium you feel comfortable with.
7. Everyone will post weekly pictures of their plants.
8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.

I just bought two bags of coco and I am redoing my veg area to make more room on Sunday so I am good to go. Now the hard part, what to pop?

L

LouDog420

I believe last time V allowed the 18oz cups because of the lack of 16oz cup availability.

8. When the time limit is finished we will have a vote similar to the Bud of the month contest.

I just bought two bags of coco and I am redoing my veg area to make more room on Sunday so I am good to go. Now the hard part, what to pop?

Oh what to pop, what to pop!! Dig your rules too major ;)

Can't wait to see what others are growin' :D

G

greenmatter

LOL ...... something tells me you are gonna use that for some extra veg time there brother ....... i seen big plants and i can not lie.:biggrin:

those changes would be great for me too, but would kind of hose the guys with less wattage and space than some of us have. "not to exceed 4 weeks veg" would keep us in check a little and let all the guys who want to do less or no veg time do their thing too

we talk V. into rolling this again and we start rocking the boat in the first two pages:chin: ............ i'm good with whatever the boss decides.

T

Toes.

Ive got 18 oz cups too. Seems like those are more available than 16 ozers.

Not too sure how i feel about 12/12 off rip as a rule. I like the 120 day max. You could veg how ever long you like.. just dont exceed those days.

I know my strain.. it wont produce well with just a two week or less veg... so i will be choosing the 4 week style.

Chaco' s haze could have benefited from 12/12 from day one... but it was fun watching that thing grow.

L

LouDog420

No 12/12 from the start for me... Gotta have some veg, ya'll can DQ me if you like
moon.gif
LMAO

Don't harsh my mellow buddd-dy, no need to impose unnecessary restrictions like the man now, man... Beer cups, from seed, 120 days, everything else is up to you, in a perfect world ;)

I'm feeling dabalicious this evening, hope ya'll are feeling the same
woohoo.gif

Don't rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby, don't rock the boat, don't tip that boat over
blowbubbles.gif

T

Toes.

1800 silver some White Cheese and the Ziggens greatest hits gwon down in my neck o this evening loudog. :cheese grin:

Canniwhatsis

High country cat herder
Veteran
I'm on the fence for vege time. Personally knowing that I'll be running a shorter flowering strain I'd like to give her the first 50 days from dropping in the water for vege, then use the last 70 for flower! :D

If I HAD any haze beans, I'd do em 12/12 from seed to stay under the time constraint.

L

LouDog420

Do ya got mic control!?!? Ya know I got mic control
dance013.gif

I'm stoned by noon, but that's ok, cause we'll be growing beer cups on sunday :D

L

LouDog420

Glad to have ya gio!

those changes would be great for me too, but would kind of hose the guys with less wattage and space than some of us have. "not to exceed 4 weeks veg" would keep us in check a little and let all the guys who want to do less or no veg time do their thing too

I ain't scurrred of those big boys!! Bring it, I can take it ---
moon.gif

Just gotta hope the five legged goat doesn't wander in here... ;)

V, hope you brought some fire catnip to keep all us crazy cats in line!
dance013.gif

Friday night, you'd think I'd have something better to do than clutter this thread.... But I don't, so come dab with me...
tumbleweed.gif

Last edited:

John Deere

Veteran
Well, a contest has to have rules. I prefer short and simple. No need to complicate it.

Short keeps it interesting. Are we looking for the largest plants ever grown in a beer cup? If so, why limit the time at all? Keep it short. If you want to grow unlimited monsters, do it on your own time. This is a contest. 120 days? That's 30 days veg and 13 weeks flower. In a beer cup contest. Way too long. If you want to grow a nice long-flowering killer sativa don't limit them by growing in a beer cup contest.

Simple just keeps everyone on the same level playing field. Can't get any simpler than setting your timer for 12/12 and letting it go. It's easy. Everyone gets it. Have you grown 12/12 from seed before? It's not really that big of a deal. Little simpler, little quicker, that's about it. Sounds perfect for a contest.

But whatever. Clones, seeds, veg...I don't care. I'm going to play anyway. I'll have fun. I'll learn something. Win. Win.

So are we starting this Sunday? So we should start soaking seeds tomorrow? (Saturday)

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
The winner last time was based on the best pic voted on by ic members so it is not necessarily the biggest plant but more the best looking plant. And general good fun and camaraderie is to be had by all. But in the end it is V's game and we are all just here to have fun.

I am going to put my seeds in water on Sunday, 120 days will be plenty for anything I am going to grow.