What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Desert Southwest Growers Union

G

hey union members I am having trouble transfering my pics from my computer file to ic . any one know whats wrong or any info. I do every thing im supposed to and when i click to transfer i get a bong noise. I have the chem double d by rez in flower and it is looking like straight fire, wanted to share the moment but cant get it done. here she is in veg from my galleryand a pink diesel in flower

E

EatShitake

Hey grizz :wave:

I'll try to upload some new pics. Haven't done it in a while, but I'm gettin' ready to start a new grow thread, so there will be some opportunity to give this a real test.

I don't speak for anyone but myself, but I would LOOOOOVE to see some of your flowering chem DD, AND pink D!!! Sounds Really TASTY!!

I gotta go out of town tomorrow, but I'll be back Sunday night. :bashhead: Hopefully I'll have some InterTubeNetWeb access while I'm gone, but if not, I hope your problems are resolved soon.

E

EatShitake

OK, grizz. I took some pics of clones that will be the base of my thread:

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
Frank, to get my humidity up, I mist my plants. Like you, my humidity reading is below 20%. After misting the plants, it goes to an astoundingly humid 40%. That's as high as I can get it. In a cab, you could just take a sprayer bottle and mist them with water or a humic acid and water mix. Does them a world of good with a light humic acid spray.

G

well it must be my computer thats causeing the upload prob. The bottom pic above is the pd. Ive got more pics of everything just cant get them to upload.

G

KillerWeed said:
The summer heat makes me wish I had invested in a drip system and reservoir. The early onset of freezing morning lows, make me wish I had invested in an Eastern slope instead of a Southern facing one. KillerWeed

yup

finding anything that is near finishing by - oh late September - and that puts out a quility bud - - that's our holy grail for outdoors in Coors country. Then between the rippers and the critters, I moved indoor and never looked back.

ohhh to be about 7000 feet lower - and warmer.

naaaaaaaa
never really thought about a drip gorillia system,,,,,

daddy might have a new winter project! perk!

Last edited:
G

yeah solar i know what you mean about inside growing, I have to applaud you outdoor growers, to actually get a harvest off and in the jar is no small feat. So many thing can happen to your plants outside. YOu guys deserve a big blunt for your efforts

E

EatShitake

Hey there, fellow SouthWesterners!

Well, this is OUR season to shine! I've got a new grow started over the last week (in my sig, if y'all wanna drop by---shameless plug:wink:)

Let's see what you're up to!

G

EatShitake
Nice clean grow you got going on. Looks like you got plenty of room to take it up a notch.

This new grow sight I am working from has many limitations, and I am afraid to crank up that 2nd 1k light for fear of pushing the electrical too far. We will see shortly.

These babies are between 21-30 days from seed vegging 24/0. I donated 7 plants to a good friend so he can work his magic, and that leaves 33 going at the moment. Mostly Sour Bubble, with 8 Grape Punch and 1 Sweet Cindy 99.

If the second light is happening, I will crank up some Yumbolt and DSD right away. Looking forward to Yumbolt. Have any of you guys/girls smoke Humbolt County stash from back in the 80's? Sweet, and some of the best stash for its time, along with the Thai Stick. I hope it lives up to its Cannibus Cup expectations.

These Grape Punch and Cindy 99 are looking good to take some cuttings shortly, but most of the Sour Bubble have a week or 2 to go. Looks like a good season ahead so far.

E

EatShitake

Hey Tester!
Thanks for checking it out. My plan is to fill the room right up when I can. I'm used to having moms and taking clones, but I've started from scratch this time. It's good, because my skills could use some practice growing from seed. If I had a clone source...look out!!

Haven't had GP, but I've tried grape ape. Nice high-end flavor!

Those seed plants look niiiice!

:joint:

G

man eatsh with all us union members clones shouldent be a problem. Tester those seedlings look gooood.

G

The Grape Punch is Bogglegum x Lifesaver. You know it is high end flavor. I will try to reproduce the pheno that is most loved by combining it with the Sour Bubble again. I had much luck with previous grows. I will see what I can do to take care of some special business if you get my drift.

Meanwhile I just got back from my playground.

G

i wanna play in your play ground tester, looks like you have nice toys, and if you reproduce that pheno please let me know, verrrryyy interested

Greetings fellow desert dwellers ! Just stumbled upon this thread and figured I'd make my request to join the union ! I don't get on here as much as I would like, but that should change in the near future. Especially now that I'm finally figuring out this digi cam business ( sort of ). Although these last couple days have not been great temp-wise, glad we are finally getting to the cooler weather...those a/c bills are deadly on the wallet. Hope all is well with you all and I'll be dropping by again soon !

-497 and a Half Feet of Rope

E

EatShitake

Hey there, 497.5, welcome aboard! There are no membership requirements here, except a desire to share knowledge!

AMEN on the A/C bills. The last several months have been brutal around here, but now is our time to shine! Don't be shy with the pics, we all start somewhere.

:joint:

Just a little update,
I harvested my outdoor plant on the full moon, Oct 25. I was not expecting much as this plant was almost an afterthought. It appears that outdoor growing is possible with proper planning and genetics even in the high desert. I am sure that with a drip irrigation system I would have harvested more than the 22g I pulled.
I was unable to get my camera working for the harvest, but I will keep you guys updated when I start my indoor cab. I have been rather impressed with the quality of the bud, despite the genetics being rather suspect, aka bag seed. It may be that the thin air and intense sun at my grow site was able to maximize this strain's cannabinoid output.

KillerWeed

G

Howdy Neighbors! I'm in the four corners area of New Mexico. Not a grower yet but as soon as I get my card I will be a cultivating fool :p

(sarcoidosis/erythema nodosum/chemo)

:wave:

oh ummmm.... elevation 5,300 ft. very arid. We're getting down to the low 30's at night.

Last edited:
G

How's it going all you desert growers. Now if I can just figure out where I stashed those plants???? lol

Indoors is happening though, and off to a great start.

G

tester i found some nice fat buds behind that hill to the left in your picture I dident know they were yours, as usual they were great smoke. thanks