What's new

Self Monitoring Psychosis?

brown_thumb

I scored 17 but only due to disorganization and lack of ability to function. I have no other symptoms. I don't see or hear things which don't exist nor am I the least bit paranoid. My issues stem from a progressive neurological illness.

mayorofthdesert

Total score of: 58
(12-156) Higher Levels of Experience Associated With Schizophrenia or Psychotic Disorders, But Mitigating Factors
Your answers to this schizophrenia screening test fall into a range which suggests higher levels of experiences which might, under the careful evaluation of a psychiatrist, be considered clinically significant. However, you also reported one or more of the following mitigating factors which ordinarily preclude (or at least complicate) a diagnosis of schizophrenia or other psychotic disorders:

You reported that the experiences may have been due to the influence of alcohol or drugs (including prescription medications), and/or
You reported having been diagnosed with a medical condition which may affect your mood or behaviour, and/or
You indicated that you have or are concerned about a diagnosis of another mental disorder which may better account for experiences highlighted by the quiz, and/or
You reported that the experiences highlighted by the quiz have not caused significant impairment in your work, relationships or social activities, or your ability to look after yourself.

about what i was expecting. i've heard voices since my early teens (im 47). ive never thought them anything more than a reflection of my subconscious mind. i take a couple ssri's for bipolar/manic depressive disorder and a mild anti- psychotic to turn off/down the voices. my psych says i don't warrant a schizophrenia diagnosis since ive never been confused about their "'reality." (they are real to me, ie the experience is very real but that doesn't mean they have any reality in the external world.) and ive never let them influence my decisions/behavior.

St. Phatty

about what i was expecting. i've heard voices since my early teens (im 47).

Does that mean you actually hear the sounds that are part of human speech ?

Or thoughts go through your head that seem foreign, not coming from you ?

Just trying to understand, not judging.

Not trying to muddy the waters but, voices without sound but extremely distinct, is one of the qualities described by people who have had contact experiences (UFO related.)

That human brains can receive such communications raises the obvious question - can human beings speak in that fashion ? (in the general category of telepathy), as well as to listen.