What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are we really putting into our homes?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just watched this video & it makes me curious about the technologies we’re being forced to use and how invasive they can be.
I knew about basic communication signaling due to my education but I didn’t think it would work this easily. It’s spooky to say the least.

Here’s a link, I apologize now if the link doesn’t paste properly from my device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hliHBeC1sco&feature=share

The tube video title is:
The LED lights in your home could be spying on you.

Share your thoughts.

What other technologies can spy on us (involuntarily)?

armedoldhippy

Veteran
most of the really bad shit, we are not FORCED to use. folks go pay good money for it since it is the "latest & greatest", fucking status symbols.they can turn your phone on remotely & listen to you talking even if you are not on the phone, lots of computers & smart TVs can be triggered like this as well. cars equipped with GPS can rat you out. want to feel safe? go out in your back yard & pet your dog...:)

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

okay, so let's say I use some led bulbs to light my little garden, is that guy trying to convince me that they can hear the grass growing??? :dunno:

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
420giveaway
Keep all that Google Home and Amazon Echo/Alexa shit out of your house.

Andyo

Veteran
school

school

I just watched this video & it makes me curious about the technologies we’re being forced to use and how invasive they can be.
I knew about basic communication signaling due to my education but I didn’t think it would work this easily. It’s spooky to say the least.

Here’s a link, I apologize now if the link doesn’t paste properly from my device.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hliHBeC1sco&feature=share

The tube video title is:
The LED lights in your home could be spying on you.

Share your thoughts.

What other technologies can spy on us (involuntarily)?

School is were it started indoctrination
religon ect ect
Work tax
Technology

I lived free of all that for a few years.
I was aware of the control aged 11
So free
and now aged 60 im free again no tv
Tropical island unregistered no tax cash only from weed
no car
using wifi no name same as basic nokia G2 phone text n calls only
.A

igrowone

Veteran
from my quick perusal of the infosphere
it looks like these bulbs do have some notice that they have monitoring capability
so perhaps not too sneaky
though many will of course buy them and not look very closely

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
most of the really bad shit, we are not FORCED to use. folks go pay good money for it since it is the "latest & greatest", fucking status symbols.they can turn your phone on remotely & listen to you talking even if you are not on the phone, lots of computers & smart TVs can be triggered like this as well. cars equipped with GPS can rat you out. want to feel safe? go out in your back yard & pet your dog...:)

By mandating the use thereof while halting manufacturing of old technologies we are being FORCED to use some of these emerging technologies.

Jhhnn

Veteran

okay, so let's say I use some led bulbs to light my little garden, is that guy trying to convince me that they can hear the grass growing??? :dunno:

They can hear the plants talking to each other...

I'm kinda having trouble imagining that a buck-fifty LED has built in monitoring capabilities...

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
By mandating the use thereof while halting manufacturing of old technologies we are being FORCED to use some of these emerging technologies.

..... and let's not forget 'The Internet of Things', where everything you own that has software will soon enough potentially be connected to each other and the internet!:tiphat:

I've been thinking about these concerns a lot lately.:lightning:

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran
..... and let's not forget 'The Internet of Things', where everything you own that has software will soon enough potentially be connected to each other and the internet!:tiphat:

I've been thinking about these concerns a lot lately.:lightning:

Skynet baby, Skynet, lol

Dropped Cat

Six Gummi Bears and Some Scotch
Veteran

I buy and use the recent incandescent type bulbs
in my lights around the house. No ban, mucho production.

Easy to use, all can be dimmed, economical too.

No cfl, no led, yuck.

Good for a growbox, but my eyes like the incandescent glow.

CosmicGiggle

Veteran
:laughing: My new washing machine is an old-fashioned laundry mat style, heavy-duty center agitator Speed Queen that does exactly what I want it to, not what they want me to want.

I could soak the clothes for 3 months if I wanted and not the 10 min. efficiency soak they want.

:laughing: My new stove is all mechanical too, no card to limit me, over-ride or go bad.

Alla this new stuff can be linked to two things:

Power, who has it and who/what controls it and
Money, generating it by planned obsolescence.:tiphat:

......... oh yeah, let's not forget who's controlling the advertising/propaganda who's primary purpose is to 'make' us want these shiny 'new' objects!:D

So, I'll be the one in my house who determines exactly what is or is not efficient!!!

:laughing: Me Me Me!!!!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Haha!

Haha!

My wife’s best friend gave us a couple for Christmas.

Really not that useful. POS

You can turn off the microphone by pressing on the microphone button. :party:

Easy7

Veteran
There ks a story floating around that wifi can spy on you in the house. Wifi has a feature that detects obstacles to determine signal strength. This feature is sensative enough to be able to tell ID a person.

R

Robrites

:laughing: My new washing machine is an old-fashioned laundry mat style, heavy-duty center agitator Speed Queen that does exactly what I want it to, not what they want me to want.

I could soak the clothes for 3 months if I wanted and not the 10 min. efficiency soak they want.

:laughing: My new stove is all mechanical too, no card to limit me, over-ride or go bad.

Alla this new stuff can be linked to two things:

Power, who has it and who/what controls it and
Money, generating it by planned obsolescence.

......... oh yeah, let's not forget who's controlling the advertising/propaganda who's primary purpose is to 'make' us want these shiny 'new' objects!:D

So, I'll be the one in my house who determines exactly what is or is not efficient!!!

:laughing: Me Me Me!!!!

Found Mine!

dxtg21dq20i01.jpg

Max Headroom

Veteran
turn off speech recognition on everything! (phone, tv, etc.)
in order to be ready for your voice command the appliance listens to (and maybe records & uploads) everything.

Ringodoggie

Premium user
420giveaway
Actually, it's not THEY or THEM. It is IT. There is not enough manpower in the world to monitor all communications. It's all done by computer. Listening to key (or as they now call them, Tag) words.

In the case of LEO or other LE, they listen for one set of words. Each time a key word is logged, a 0 somewhere turns into a 1. You get enough 1's and you'll get personal attention. Other wise, no one ever 'hears' anything you say. It's just a computer listening to all the sounds of the world and waiting for some specific terms or sounds.

More common than law enforcement today is data miners. Google, MS, Apple, all of them and everyone. They all want your info.

However, again, no ONE is listening. The computer wants to learn all about you to make your computing experience a more personal one. Actually, it's pretty awesome.

All this data mining and data collection is a great thing as long as you control it. And, it doesn't control you. Knowledge is the key.

I have been a computer hacker sine the late 70's, early 80's. I fear none of these new 'listening' devices because I understand how they work and I set them to work the way I want them to.

However, there is a lot of stuff you can't control. Example.... my buddy got fed up with Facebook and all the spying and notifications so he deleted everything Facebook on his computer and phone. Then, he came to me and said, "Well, they won't get any more data from me. And, I deleted all my data so they have nothing of mine". I just laughed. I told him, do you really think Facebook let you delete data from THEIR servers? LMAO All you did was make it so YOU could not see the data. Believe me, Facebook still sees everything. He didn't believe me.

A few days later, he told me he was getting nags from FB. LMAO I took his puter and showed him how FB was still all over his computer collecting data. The only difference was, he didn't get to see the data. Only Facebook gets to see it. LOL

He also turns OFF his GPS on his phone thinking that no one can trace his steps. I did a little forensics on his phone and told him everyplace he had been that week. He got so pissed he busted his phone right there in the bar. LMAO I told him what a dumb ass he was because all he did was break his phone. He thought he destroyed the data. LMAO

It's all about knowledge. I had him do some searching on cell phone forensics and now, he won't even carry his phone. LMAO He's a little more paranoid than the average person. LMAO

I remember a few years back, I bought a coffee maker with a built-in bean grinder. The problem was, the grinder would spin for about twice as long as it needed to and the sound of an empty grinder running always drove me nuts in the morning.

So, I took the coffee maker apart and noticed that the chip that controlled everything was a standard PIC. And older processor that was used for many simple tasks.

I pulled the chip from the board, dumped the code and reversed it. Found the loop that controlled the timing of the grinder and changed it to a shorter time. Re-solder the chip, put the coffee maker back together and... bingo. For many years I enjoyed that coffee grinder stopping at just the right time, every time. LOL

You have to control them, not them control you. That's what it's all about. If you're in the driver's seat, all this tech stuff is totally awesome. My house isn't quite like Tony Stark's lab but I'm about as close as anyone in real life. LOL

My only regret is that I was born too late. I would love to live another 100 years and see what technology emerges.