What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Viparspectra info

Amilcare

Hi Guys!!

I've just bought my new growing setup.

I've a 60x60x150 box with a viparspectra led 450w (200 true).

I'm reading a lot about leds etc but i saw a lot of contradictions:

i would like to know if this led is (with a good grower) able to produce about 150 dryed grams from 2 big feminised indica plants, or this if it's too weak.
Should i buy another lamp to help the led during bloom or it will be enought? For me it's important to do 100/150 dryed grams every time, or it will finish before the next round :biggrin:

Please, write here your experience with same Wattage led, or give me any good informations!!

Sorry for my bad english guys, thanks in advance!!

Have a good farm!
:peacock:

gbauto

That lamp should work just fine for that space. You're working with 4 sqft of area so that's 50w/sqft which is about optimum. I've found that yield is dependent on strain, environment and amount of veg time. I normally grow indoors once annually so I normally spend about 5 months total grow time(2 veg and 3 flower) and can easily produce the amount you're hoping for on each plant.

Amilcare

That lamp should work just fine for that space. You're working with 4 sqft of area so that's 50w/sqft which is about optimum. I've found that yield is dependent on strain, environment and amount of veg time. I normally grow indoors once annually so I normally spend about 5 months total grow time(2 veg and 3 flower) and can easily produce the amount you're hoping for on each plant.

Thanks a lot for the answer bro! :huggg:

Have a nice grow!

1G Per Watt is doable if you are good. 2G per Watt if you' are GREAT!

Good and GREAT as mentioned above are dependant on multiple variables such as, grow skill, environment, strain, etc.

That's good size box. So in a 5x5 you could essential go upwards 600-800RealWatts on less. (~32w/sqft. Baseline).

You did not mention anything about ventilation, have you already considered that? (You will definitely want to do that before another light if you have not already.) Air exchange and Odour are both Very Important.

You may also want to clarify what you consider big? Do you plan on vegging for 4 weeks? 6 weeks? Until they're 3ft tall, so they flower and finish at 5-6ft tall?

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I have switched to LED..

I have switched to LED..

I have a 3X4X7ft box with a Vipraspectra 600 (250 Watts) and 90 watt RED (actual).

I pulled 70 grams dried. Pre-98 Bubba, but I had problems with the grow.

I have changed to Sour Diesel as the Bubbas are small anyway.

I have 4 Sour Diesels in a 2X2X5 tent with a Vipraspectra 450. (Veg tent). They are doing great, already bigger than the Bubbas.

I’ve got pictures in my albums. I expect a good yield off the 600+90.

Getting 150 dried grams off the Vipraspectra 450 doesn’t seem doable to me. It would take a great SCROG to get that yield.

Good Luck:plant grow:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
I have a 3X4X7ft box with a Vipraspectra 600 (250 Watts) and 90 watt RED (actual).
I pulled 70 grams dried. Pre-98 Bubba, but I had problems with the grow.
I have changed to Sour Diesel as the Bubbas are small anyway.
I have 4 Sour Diesels in a 2X2X5 tent with a Vipraspectra 450. (Veg tent). They are doing great, already bigger than the Bubbas.
I’ve got pictures in my albums. I expect a good yield off the 600+90.
Getting 150 dried grams off the Vipraspectra 450 doesn’t seem doable to me. It would take a great SCROG to get that yield.
Good Luck:plant grow:

i bought '3' 300w vipars last year and used em in a 4x3.5ft tent and thought they Sucked... slow growth.. i gave em away... maybe u will have better luck...

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
I still have all my old gear..

I still have all my old gear..

i bought '3' 300w vipars last year and used em in a 4x3.5ft tent and thought they Sucked... slow growth.. i gave em away... maybe u will have better luck...

This is a test for me. I’ve been growing for 40 years and more than 10 with HPS/MH indoors.

I still have all my old gear, 1000 watts HPS (dimmable) to flower for the 3X4 box. I have a 315 (actual) CFL array in the 2X2 veg tent which is killer.

It looks I’ll try one more run under the LED with the Sour Diesel.

:party:

pre-98 bubba is known to be a smaller yielder, but also known to be oogey-googey-good-medicine! How'd you like it?

You got to build your LED if you want best bang for your buck, at least that what I've research. Will be finding out soon....Vero!

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Very small yielder. Great smoke.

The buds are around half the size of buds grown under HPS.

A trusted grower told me he got 90 grams dried off the Vipraspectra 450, that’s why I tried it.

Irael

Very small yielder. Great smoke.

The buds are around half the size of buds grown under HPS.
Damn that does not sound good^^ Did you notice something in density? I heard from some people that LED Buds get denser that HPS Buds.

I also thought about buying me a Viparspectra 450W.
Can anyone tell me if it really produces less heat than a 400W HPS?
But I think i will buy it anyways even if it is not much cooler because imo nothing is lost for that cheap price.

Do you think 1 450W Panel would be enough for a 80x 80x 200 cm (2,6x 2,6x 6,5 ft) GrowTent?

Greetz

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
BUILD IT YOURSELF..

BUILD IT YOURSELF..

The best LED setups were DO IT YOURSELF.

There are some threads on LED Lighting which you. May want to look at.

The Buds are not denser than under HPS.

I could easily get 300-600 grams off 4 plants under a 600.

The problem with the LEDs seems to be light penetration. The only problem I have is heat. That’s why I went to LEDs, it’s to hot here in the summer. They seem to be cooler than the HPS.

Well see, if I get 300 gram from the Sour Diesel I might keep them growing.

:plant grow:

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
Do you think 1 450W Panel would be enough for a 80x 80x 200 cm (2,6x 2,6x 6,5 ft) GrowTent?
Greetz

i had '3' 300w in my 4x3.5ft tent , and i thought the lights SUCKED...
after about 4weeks into 12/12, i added a 8bulb 4ft fluor, which really f..'d up the grow with heat... i shit-canned the 4 plants i had growing-

Easy7

Veteran
I keep telling people this. A watt puts out the same amount of heat no matter the device. A watt is 3.14 btu no matter which light, fan, phone, or dildo.

LED is a special spectrum and that is 100% all there is to that. So the heat theory os led is that because they have a specalized spectrum, less power is going to bands of light that in theory are useless to plants. The led wattage still produces 3.14 btu per watt no matter anything else.