You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > IC Magazine > Announcements > IC 420 Cup Logo Competition

Thread Title Search
IC 420 Cup Logo Competition Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2017, 10:42 AM #21
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiusmarius View Post
agree with you CC, now that you mention it. so what about if both those squares are removed? the red and gold background should be fine no?

Using red, gold or either of those blues is probably best avoided, as it refers to the flags of Spain and/or Catalunya.

Luckily the weed scene has largely avoided the petty nastiness of the independence politics, plenty of people are friends with Catalans and Spaniards, groups, coops, clubs, many span the divide and politics is kept out of it, thank ****

I would strongly suggest that the artists concentrate on something Barcelona specific, the skyline, sagrada familiar or gaudi/mosaic/guell imagery is all perfect and will not provoke any shitstorms.

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-27-2017, 06:31 PM #22
urban gardener

urban gardener will become famous soon enoughurban gardener will become famous soon enoughurban gardener will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCatalunya View Post
both those colour schemes are wrong, the red/blue is the football team, not the city

the second, red/yellow plus the blue triangle, star is very politically charged

Making it anything to do with the Catalan flag is not a good idea right now, it just brings politics into an area that is one of the few free of it.

well I do apologise, I meant not to cause conflict or otherwise, I am not from Barcelona, and had no idea this would cause an issue, I will change the colours which seem to offend and repost again
urban gardener is offline Quote

Old 12-27-2017, 07:44 PM #23
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by urban gardener View Post
well I do apologise, I meant not to cause conflict or otherwise, I am not from Barcelona, and had no idea this would cause an issue, I will change the colours which seem to offend and repost again
you have nothig to apologize for, i should have put these conditions in the first post. would be awesome if you can redo it, just without the color connotations to Catalan independence lol.

cheers
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 12-27-2017, 09:31 PM #24
urban gardener

urban gardener will become famous soon enoughurban gardener will become famous soon enoughurban gardener will become famous soon enough
my entries which hopefully can remain without fear of upsetting someone

Last edited by urban gardener; 12-29-2017 at 02:59 PM..

7 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:33 PM #25
ChaosCatalunya
5.2 club is now 8.1 club...

ChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant futureChaosCatalunya has a brilliant future
Like GM said, no offense whatsoever, I really don't care, but many do and we will have people attending from both sides, so lets steer clear of it altogether

Old 12-28-2017, 01:18 PM #26
urban gardener

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosCatalunya View Post
Like GM said, no offense whatsoever, I really don't care, but many do and we will have people attending from both sides, so lets steer clear of it altogether

totally agree ChaosCatalunya

Old 12-29-2017, 06:08 PM #27
joemeetmary

joemeetmary will become famous soon enoughjoemeetmary will become famous soon enough
Hey all,

Long time reader, first time poster. Can't resist a good logo competition.

I always start with black and white. If it looks good in black and white, it will generally look good in color. These are all hand-drawn, but would be vectored if chosen.

joemeetmary is offline Quote

14 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-29-2017, 06:53 PM #28
Polletero

Polletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nicePolletero is just really nice
Deadline? @gaiusmarius

Old 12-29-2017, 08:50 PM #29
gaiusmarius

gaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivorgaiusmarius is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polletero View Post
Deadline? @gaiusmarius
we will let it run till end of Feb, that gives us enough time to get the pins made so thats the 28th of February at 00:00 o'clock.
gaiusmarius is offline Quote

Old 12-29-2017, 10:10 PM #30
sourkush

sourkush is a jewel in the roughsourkush is a jewel in the roughsourkush is a jewel in the roughsourkush is a jewel in the roughsourkush is a jewel in the roughsourkush is a jewel in the roughsourkush is a jewel in the rough
nice ones @joemeetmary
sourkush is offline Quote