What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

VerdantGreen's 84W LED Cab. Single plant Organic ScrOG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks nameless. i'm hoping to post a few more pics for the next round, may have some new toys to play with too :)

VG

Arnold.

He Verdant,

Nice setup!

is there a reason you don't 'lollypop' the scrogged girls? Remove the small lower branches...

ScrogMonster

Veteran
Very beautiful buds there VG. I definitely took a screen shot of your soil recipe and plan on slowly collecting the things I need to make some of that delicious “dirt” for my girls.

I have a lot of questions about it, I hope you don’t mind enlightening me. If there is a post of yours some where that answers most these questions I’d gladly check that out.

Do you mix the ferts in only one time in the beginning? Do you mix them into the upper half or near the top of the soil or mix them completely in into the whole batch? Straight water always or any teas/additives?

What is the compost made of? Do you make it yourself or source it? About the same question for the Topsoil/loam you dig it up from some wheres or purchase it?...forgive my ignorance but what exactly is loam?

I’ve been a fan of your work for a while and trust your tastes for quality. Nice show VG!

Joint Lock

hi boys and girls :tiphat:, its been a while since i posted a grow diary, but i recently built another small LED cab and have just finished my first grow in it.

The cab is 18" square and 4' high, sited in an unheated garage, hidden in 'plain sight' - and this has presented a new set of requirements and problems.
View Image

you can see the size next to the 4 drawer filing cabinet, i keep a few sheets of stirling board/osb infront and some other stuff leaning on it and it kind of recedes into the general mess and clutter!

First off it needed to be as quiet as possible so as not to attract attention, which led to me needing a passively cooled LED light. The company i usually use doesn't make them so I searched around and found a unit made by a european company called 'leoLED' . they made a square unit that used mostly cree chips and looked ideal, rated at max 84watts but the grow and bloom spectrums could also be dialled up and down.

Also i needed quiet extraction that was not too high in capacity because i was going to have to heat the air before it was pulled into the cab. if the air is being pulled in too fast then it is impossible to heat it up enough. also a 4" inline fan is way too loud - so i made my own carbon filter and extractor using a high capacity computer fan, this is separate from the cab and sits on top in an innocent looking cardboard box. Air going into the cab is heated up by a few 40W 'pipe' heaters, one inside the cab and 2 in an open fronted box attached to the outside of the cab over the intake. with the air travelling through the cab fairly slowly this has been enough to warm the cab through winter where temps in the garage can drop to almost freezing. you can see these bottom right in the cab photo
filter, seems to work pretty well, i'll have to show you how it's made at some point, the grey plastic case is just to add stealth and deaden sound.
View Image

here is the cab open
View Image

Know the thread is super old but barrel locks suck ass unless u buy really long screws then drimel the heads off them i learned that the hard way