What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Elderly friend with COPD. Safe to vape?

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
Reaching out to the IC family.

Very good friend of mine is home after a serious stint in the hospital.

She has been diagnosed with COPD, and smoked cannabis, and cigs, most of her life.

She is done with cigs, but I am wondering if vaping is a good idea, or should she stick to edibles.

Opinions appreciated.

Thanks folks. :tiphat:

mowood3479

Veteran
I have copd n although I smoke when my lungs r good... But When my lungs r bad, Vaping only inflames my lungs worse.. So I'd tell them to stick with edibles unless they r symptom free n then proceed with extreme caution.., breathing is vital to life or so I've heard

I don't think I have COPD maybe some smokers cough. My lung got tested a year or two ago.
Lung capacity and oxygen uptake was all ok.

But when I smoke I cough a lot in the morning. Which is a symptom of COPD.

I now believe vaporising some strains/qualities does clean the lung quite quickly. It makes you cough a couple of days. After that my lung feels perfect. But yeah I do not have real COPD.

Maybe it is the same with low temp dabbing. But I have never tried.

www.goldcopd.org

It was also suggested to inhale some aromatherapy oils for relief.

Cannot find it on the goldcopd site atm.

But edibles are the way to go if you tolerate them.

herbgreen

Veteran
Would think the cannabinoids on the lungs would be helpful...vaso/bronchial dilator that cannabis is

And the thing with that might be get a really good waterpipe rig on the vape

This will make it all the more theraputic

Latest posts

Latest posts