Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Growing Questions > Blumat auto watering

Thread Title Search
Click to Visit Female Seeds for Fine Cannabis Genetics
Post Reply
Blumat auto watering Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-11-2016, 12:29 AM #4481
Ez Rider
Senior Member

Ez Rider's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,030
Ez Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
Do you actually READ what you TYPE ?, or just call names and insult people ?

Wow, just wow

PS:The pressurized system was invented loooong before Blumat came along, the basic principles haven't changed in efficient operation. Everyone should size pump/expansion tank accordingly based on grow style/pot size/total consumption, anyone that believes a 2-4 oz. fluid capacity can effectively feed/water a medium/large grow space...is either delusional/stoned/crazy.
You do realize that most people use a reservoir, not the accumulator to store the bulk of their water? The small accumulator is so that you don't need some gigantic, expensive pressure vessel sitting around. Who claimed that blumat invented anything but blumats? You can voice you're uninformed opinions as obnoxiously as you'd like, that doesn't make you correct. You obviously know very little, or you'd run your mouth a lot less. Do you have any reasoned arguments to offer, or just name calling? I think I've pretty clearly shown that your statements don't make any sense, and your only response is to insult me and call me names...Bravo.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostqueen View Post

I reserve the right to be wrong, of course.
Ez Rider is offline Quote


Old 05-11-2016, 12:31 AM #4482
rives
Inveterate Tinkerer


rives's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 6,067
rives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant futurerives has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansbuds View Post
wow 1 1/4" return line ! i was thinking 3/4" because i'll use a 1/2" line to feed the bucket ....... not enough ??? should i go bigger on the 2 lines ?

the 8mm line will only be a few feet from the tray , so it won't be to long .

& my 4' measurement is from the bottom of the 5 gallon rez to the top of my pots . so by going with the top of the rez , i actually have 5' of head pressure .

Thank you EZ & Rives !!!
I used 3/4" on the pump pressure line for the simple reason that a 1/2" line was too floppy - a 9' stick of 1/2" pvc is only marginally stiffer than a hose! It makes no difference on the delivered volume, though.

I went with 1-1/4" on the return for a couple of reasons - as I stated up above, I used to work on industrial hydraulic systems, and return line back pressure is to be avoided at all costs. In this case, I wanted to make absolutely certain that the upper rez wouldn't overflow. The incremental cost of the components was only a few dollars more, so.....
rives is offline Quote


Old 05-11-2016, 12:37 AM #4483
Bwanabud
Senior Member

Bwanabud's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Deep in the Timber
Posts: 1,471
Bwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
You do realize that most people use a reservoir, not the accumulator to store the bulk of their water? The small accumulator is so that you don't need some gigantic, expensive pressure vessel sitting around. Who claimed that blumat invented anything but blumats? You can voice you're uninformed opinions as obnoxiously as you'd like, that doesn't make you correct. You obviously know very little, or you'd run your mouth a lot less. Do you have any reasoned arguments to offer, or just name calling? I think I've pretty clearly shown that your statements don't make any sense, and your only response is to insult me and call me names...Bravo.
I didn't call you any names, you were the one throwing insults...very first post was calling me a bullshitter, followed by many more names and insults from you...I wasn't aware you were in charge of this thread, you seem threatened by any info by others.

Have a good day and hit the ignore button on me, then I won't have to respond or listen to you
__________________
I do my best work at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote


1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2016, 01:06 AM #4484
Ez Rider
Senior Member

Ez Rider's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,030
Ez Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by rives View Post
I used 3/4" on the pump pressure line for the simple reason that a 1/2" line was too floppy - a 9' stick of 1/2" pvc is only marginally stiffer than a hose! It makes no difference on the delivered volume, though.

I went with 1-1/4" on the return for a couple of reasons - as I stated up above, I used to work on industrial hydraulic systems, and return line back pressure is to be avoided at all costs. In this case, I wanted to make absolutely certain that the upper rez wouldn't overflow. The incremental cost of the components was only a few dollars more, so.....
I'd agree with rives. I started with supply/return the same size...no bueno. The supply is under pressure from the pump, and is delivering more water that a same-size line can return unaided. I believe I was running 1/2" supply and 1" return on my gravity system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
I didn't call you any names, you were the one throwing insults...very first post was calling me a bullshitter, followed by many more names and insults from you...I wasn't aware you were in charge of this thread, you seem threatened by any info by others.

Have a good day and hit the ignore button on me, then I won't have to respond or listen to you
It's not an insult to call bullshit on a bullshitter. I'm not threatened by "knowledge", but I'm annoyed by people spouting senseless bullshit. Like I've said, I have clearly shown the inconsistencies of your statements, to which you have no answer. I have asked several reasonable questions regarding your statements, all of which you have chosen to ignore. You've wasted a fair amount of space telling us all how smart you are, but I've seen absolutely nothing to back it up. You keep bashing a system that's proven to work based on mine and others experience. This tells me either: A) You have no idea what you're talking about or...well there really isn't an "or". I'm not in charge of this thread, but it's always open season on "people" like you. Either say something serious, or crawl back in your hole
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostqueen View Post

I reserve the right to be wrong, of course.
Ez Rider is offline Quote


Old 05-11-2016, 01:43 AM #4485
Bwanabud
Senior Member

Bwanabud's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Deep in the Timber
Posts: 1,471
Bwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
It's not an insult to call bullshit on a bullshitter. I'm not threatened by "knowledge", but I'm annoyed by people spouting senseless bullshit. Like I've said, I have clearly shown the inconsistencies of your statements, to which you have no answer. I have asked several reasonable questions regarding your statements, all of which you have chosen to ignore. You've wasted a fair amount of space telling us all how smart you are, but I've seen absolutely nothing to back it up. You keep bashing a system that's proven to work based on mine and others experience. This tells me either: A) You have no idea what you're talking about or...well there really isn't an "or". I'm not in charge of this thread, but it's always open season on "people" like you. Either say something serious, or crawl back in your hole
Wow you were a bully in school huh ?, fat kid with acne ?, never got laid ?

I stated the facts and provided the spec sheet from Shurflo, it's a 2-4 oz. fluid capacity that keeps being inferred as 26 oz. Blumat also sells a larger unit, according to some members that must be for the 1000 plant grow ? It's a basic concept that anyone can grasp, do your own research for optimum performance to fit your needs.

Here's the pump curve flow chart for those interested
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...l2Abyg&cad=rja



EZ...just hit the ignore button PLEASE
__________________
I do my best work at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.

Last edited by Bwanabud; 05-11-2016 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: added chart
Bwanabud is offline Quote


Old 05-11-2016, 03:40 AM #4486
Ez Rider
Senior Member

Ez Rider's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,030
Ez Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of lightEz Rider is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
Wow you were a bully in school huh ?, fat kid with acne ?, never got laid ?

I stated the facts and provided the spec sheet from Shurflo, it's a 2-4 oz. fluid capacity that keeps being inferred as 26 oz. Blumat also sells a larger unit, according to some members that must be for the 1000 plant grow ? It's a basic concept that anyone can grasp, do your own research for optimum performance to fit your needs.

Here's the pump curve flow chart for those interested
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...l2Abyg&cad=rja



EZ...just hit the ignore button PLEASE
The only "fact" you've stated so far, is that you're too incompetent to get a simple demand pump/accumulator system to work properly. You provide inconsistent, nonsensical details of your alleged "experience", and ignore reasonable questions, all the while belittling and insulting me. You can prop up as many straw men, and post as many pump curves as you'd like. Nothing's going to change the fact that you are a loudmouthed, ignorant, know-nothing. Since you have no interest or ability for an intelligent discourse, I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostqueen View Post

I reserve the right to be wrong, of course.
Ez Rider is offline Quote


Old 05-11-2016, 03:51 AM #4487
Bwanabud
Senior Member

Bwanabud's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Deep in the Timber
Posts: 1,471
Bwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to allBwanabud is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
The only "fact" you've stated so far, is that you're too incompetent to get a simple demand pump/accumulator system to work properly. You provide inconsistent, nonsensical details of your alleged "experience", and ignore reasonable questions, all the while belittling and insulting me. You can prop up as many straw men, and post as many pump curves as you'd like. Nothing's going to change the fact that you are a loudmouthed, ignorant, know-nothing. Since you have no interest or ability for an intelligent discourse, I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Perfect !!! have a great night

Now back to scheduled programming.
__________________
I do my best work at night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote


Old 05-11-2016, 05:27 AM #4488
Sforza
Member

Sforza's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 838
Sforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
Dual expansion tanks are used regularly in series, it's good sense for domestic water...if a tank goes bad you close the valve, and still have an operational system + it doubles holding capacity.
Dual expansion tanks are used in well water systems, but in parallel, not in series, correct? If the two tanks were in series, if you shut the value on one tank, you would be cutting off the water flow to both tanks.

In general, bigger pressure tanks in well systems are better because it is easier on the pump. It is a pain in the ass to have to pull a pump out of a well and rebuild it. It is much easier to use a large pressure tank to preserve the life of your pump. From the view of the well pump and from the end user, it doesn't matter if you use two 50 gallon pressure tanks or one 100 gallon tank.

At least that is how I understand it.
__________________
Won't you help to sing These songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever have: Redemption songs; Redemption songs; Redemption songs.
Sforza is offline Quote


2 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:38 AM #4489
Sforza
Member

Sforza's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 838
Sforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post

Also, I'm in my house, not a warehouse. Space is at a premium. At 3gp, I'd need an accumulator with a 15gal capacity to run for several minutes.
I had to replace the pressure tank for the well at my property in the mountains. I had to read up on how a pressure tank works and how to size it. Bigger is better, but bigger also costs more so I compromised, since I am only living there for a week or two at a time.

I bought my pressure tank from home depot or lowe's, I forget which one, because I was pricing tanks from both. But if you check Home Depot's website, they have pressure tanks that are four or eight gallons that are not that large.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Water-Wor...HT2B/202846475
DIMENSIONS
Equivalent Capacity (gallons) 1
Product Height (in.) 13
Product Depth (in.) 8
Product Width (in.) 8
Product Diameter (in.) 8

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Water-Wor...T6HB/202846489
DIMENSIONS
Equivalent Capacity (gallons) 12
Product Height (in.) 11
Product Depth (in.) 10.5
Product Width (in.) 18.2
Product Diameter (in.) 11
__________________
Won't you help to sing These songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever have: Redemption songs; Redemption songs; Redemption songs.
Sforza is offline Quote


Old 05-11-2016, 05:44 AM #4490
Sforza
Member

Sforza's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 838
Sforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud ofSforza has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by dansbuds View Post
i think the 5 gallon bucket above the 30 gallon might be the best option for right now . the 5 gallon would be 5'5" to the bottom of the bucket off the ground & about 4' above the plants/carrots, that should be enough head pressure right ?
It works fine for me for a 12 carrot system. With the low pressure system, you might have to adjust them a for a few days. Make tiny adjustments and wait at least a day or two between adjustments. Don't fuck with too much or you'll go from one extreme to the other.
__________________
Won't you help to sing These songs of freedom? -
'Cause all I ever have: Redemption songs; Redemption songs; Redemption songs.
Sforza is offline Quote


Post Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:55 AM.


Click to buy cannabis seeds at Ace Seeds


This site is for educational and entertainment purposes only.
You must be of legal age to view ICmag and participate here.
All postings are the responsibility of their authors.
Powered by: vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.